InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Dreams ❯ Missing You ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

InvincibleInuYasha: Okay, starting chapter three! I just started using a different program to write. If I can figure it out, I get get bold italics and underlining to work. I never really figured out how to do it lol. Let's see. Bold, Italics, Underline. Did it work? Sorry, I must be boring you guys.

Disclaimer: Inu Yasha is not mine. Too bad, so sad.


Chapter Three: Missing You

Miroku explained, "That ominous cloud above your home is a terrible omen. One of the most fearful, in fact." The man who owned the hut asked in a shaky tone, "What precautions c-can we take to keep our home safe?" Miroku smiled as if he were in a commercial, "It is quite simple! An exorcism, being one of the easiest forms of warding evil spirits, is very effective and fast. Would you be happen to be interested?" The man hesitated, "I'm afraid I don't have much to give in return." Miroku shook his head in disappointment, "Hmm... a pressing matter." Then his face lightened up, "Ah, I will accept one night's stay and a meal for exorcising your home!" The man smiled in relief, "You will? Oh, thank you, kind monk! I shall have a room prepared immediately! Please, begin the exorcism!" Miroku smiled, "Of course."

Miroku pulled out a few Sacred Sutras and chanted as he slapped one on every door and window of the hut. It was pointless really. The cloud above the house only signaled a coming rain storm. But it did earn Miroku a room and a meal. Pretending that there was an ominous cloud above a home was an easy way to get whatever he needed: a room, food, money, anything. Even women!

The man came out of the house, "Have you completed the exorcism, monk?" Miroku said, "Ah? Oh, yes." The man smiled and said, "Good. The room is ready for you, and my wife and daughter are preparing a feast for you. I hope it will be enough to satisfy your wishes." Miroku said, "Thank you, Sir. I will protect your home tonight should any evil spirits penetrate my Sacred Sutras." The man bowed his head, "Thank you, so very much! If you require anything, let me know." Miroku nodded, "Thank you."

Miroku sighed and entered the house, wandering it's halls. Being idle gave him a lot of time to think things over. Not that he wanted to. There wasn't much to think about except Sango. She dominated his thoughts every waking moment. Even while he slept, he dreamed about her. He sighed, 'What happened to make me feel like this? I thought leaving was the best thing to do, to keep myself from hurting my friends further. But now it's just bounced back on me. Hopefully, it will all just go away sooner or later.'

He heard noises coming from the kitchen, and seductive scents wafted out of the small kitchen. Miroku followed the delicious smell and saw an older woman running about the room, attending to various pots and pans. A young teenaged girl was cleaning vegetables that were to be cooked. The oloder woman yelled at her daughter, "Faster! We cannot keep the kind monk waiting any longer!" The gril coweredbeneath her mother and continued cleaning the vegetables.

Miroku smiled and sat in a chair opposite the girl and picked up a potato, "Would you like some help?" The girl looked up at him and showed a small smile, but it quickly disappeared when her mother screamed, "Yuna! Show some respect! The monk is weary from his travels, do not make him work when he should be resting!" She turned to Miroku, "I'm so very sorry. My daughter isn't a very hard worker. You can let her continue to work alone." Miroku said, "Oh, it is no problem at all. I really just want something to do right now as I have troubling thoughts on my mind." The mother looked at him hesitantly, "Well, if you really want to..."

Miroku cleaned the potato and began peeling it when the girl asked, "Why are you helping me? I mean, we have offered to serve you, so why do you assist me?" Miroku looked up and said, "I am doing it for the same reason I told your mother. I do have something I want to take my mind off of right now." Yuna asked, "Oh, what is it?" Miroku shook his head, "You are quite young. I don't think you'd understand a lot of it. Plus... I don't really think it is appropriate." The girl rolled her eyes, "I've heard quite a lot of things, despite my age. What is it? Friends? Love? Lust?" Miroku's eyes widened at the girl who smirked knowingly. He sighed, "Okay, I'll talk. It started a year and a half ago, when I was traveling with new friends in search of the Shikon Jewel shards and Naraku. A demon slayer had joined our group, and that's when the mess started...

"It was not such a big deal at first. She was always busy, thinking about her family that she lost thanks to Naraku. But as the shock wore off, I tried to get her to like me. I guess you could say it worked, somewhat. But it was a little late. She was always upset if I flirted with another woman, and she hit me whenever I asked them if they would like to bear my child. We had something, definitely, but it wasn't really a lot. After enduring her jealousy for a few months, I grew tired of it. I just wanted her to love me. After all, I did love her. But she always pulled away. It was then that I realized it was useless. She never wanted to be close with me. Nothing would ever grow between us.

"Inu Yasha, the hanyou I traveled with as well, knew an old preistess, Kaede, who we all came to know. We would always stay there whenever we needed to stop for a longer time. I'd been traveling with my friends for about a year when I messed up. I was sulking around the village because I knew I would never get closer to the woman I loved, Sango. A young woman who resided in the village, Kazumi was her name, noticed that I was feeling down. She wanted to help me anyway possible, and I guess I took advantage of it. I got carried away and made love to that girl. I hoped that one day I could have done that with Sango, but I believed it impossible.

"I became addicted to the feeling, and I had to have more. I met with Kazumi more often. But I grew bored of her. I wanted a selection. So I moved on to other girls in the village. It became so intense that I had tried every one of the young women in the village. None of my friends knew of this, of course. I knew better then to come back as soon as I was done, for Inu Yasha would have smelled what I had done. If they caught me, I knew I would be forced to leave.

"When we traveled for loger periods of time, I could barely hold back my addiction. When we stopped at villages, I would go out at night and find one of the women to bed with. In all, it went on for a year and a half. Just a week ago, actually, Inu Yasha discovered my secret. He told Sango and I was forced to leave. I thought I had gotten over Sango completely, but... but then she said that she'd always wanted to be with me. But I left her anyway. And now... I found out I haven't gotten over her at all. I think I even love her more! But... but she'll never love me back. Not after what I've done." Miroku looked distressed, "Oh, Buddah, what did I do? Damn, what am I going to do!?"

He had cleaned over twenty potatoes at this point and he stared at his hands in denial. Yuna rubbed his arm comfortingly, "Are you going to go back to her?" Miroku got up and lowered his head, leaving the kitchen in search of his room.

IIYIIYIIYIIYIIYIIY

Kagome whispered, "No!" Sango nodded sullenly, "It's true. That's what he's been doing since the beginning, I suppose." Kagome shook her head and took Sango's hand, "I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" Sango nodded, "Yeah. It's no big deal, really. We never had anything, anyway." Inu Yasha rolled his eyes, "Pssht, yeah right! Miroku was always flirting with you, and groping you! And whenever he flirted with another woman you got all jealous! You guys were all over each other, really." Sango asked, "Really?" Shippo woke up at Inu Yasha's loud comments and said groggily, "Uh, yeah. I remember, when Miroku would talk to Inu Yasha about you, he always covered my ears. I guess it wasn't really appropriate for a kid like me to hear..."

Sango immediately glared at Inu Yasha, her cheeks flushed from embarrassment and anger, "What did he say about me!?" Inu Yasha blushed lightly and turned away, his voice squeaking, "It was nothing! Just some things about you that he liked, things he, uh, wanted to do with you..." Sango looked furious and Inu Yasha cowered away, hoping not to be smacked with the unfinished Hiraikotsu.

Sango calmed down in a moment and settled back down near the fire. Kagome shook her head, "I still can't believe it. Inu Yasha, wouldn't you have noticed any change in his smell or something?" Inu Yasha had come out from his cowering position and answered, "That's what I wondered about too. It seems he must have known that I would smell that, so he'd been stopping at the springs before coming back." Sango continued working on the Hiraikotsu, looking as if she didn't care about what Inu Yasha and Kagome were talking about. Inu Yasha shrugged, "Whatever. I don't really care about that bastard anymore. Let's get some sleep." He got up and yawned widely. Then he leapt into a tree, calling, "G'night!"

Kagome sighed and setted inside her sleeping bag, "Good night Sango. Don't stay up too long working on that weapon." Sango smiled, "Goodnight, Kagome." Kagome quickly fell asleep, Shippo cuddled close to her.

Sango put her concentration back on the boomerang bone, as she chiseled away rough spots. As she worked, she thought about Miroku, "I wonder what he's doing now? Is he okay? Or is Inu Yasha right in saying that he's out having fun again? I don't care anymore. I hope that son-of-a-bitch is happy where he is now, because I don't want him back, ever again!' Sango fought back the tears that threatened to escape from her eyes. She shoved the bone away from her and went to the edge of the fire and tried to sleep.

IIYIIYIIYIIYIIYIIY

Miroku, hunched over the side of the small mattress, contemplated his actions, 'Why did I even start all of this? And now I'm suffering because of it. And I made Sango suffer too. None of that was worth it. Not now. I wonder how Sango is doing now? Is she okay?' He sighed and got up, grabbing his staff and leaving his room.

He slammed the paper door shut and marched down the hallway. Yuna came out of the kitchen with a tray of cooked meat in her hands, "Oh, Miroku, where are you going?" Miroku said, "I have to leave. I won't be coming back." Yuna protested, "But--" Miroku said, "Goodbye. Thank you for your hospitality."

He left the house and ran for the town. A small horse-drawn wagon was nearing the outskirts of the village. Miroku chased after it and shouted, "Wait!" The cart slowed down and Miroku jumped into the back. The cart continued at it's normal pace. Miroku said to the driver, "I need to go about 30 miles north, fast." He shoved a small jingling bag at the driver, "Please, it's extremely important that I get there quickly." The driver took the bag and nodded, "Should be there by sun up, monk." Miroku sighed and leaned back on the side of the cart, "Thank you." In just a few hours, he'd see the love of his life again. 'I hope she'll forgive me. If she won't, then... I don't know what I'll do..."

IIYIIYIIYIIYIIYIIY




InvincibleInuYasha: In case anyone was wondering about the page break "IIY", those are my 'initials'. InvincibleInuYasha. Did anyone already get that? lol. Did I even mention that before? Hmm... I don't know. Anyway, I'll continue this chapter sooner or later. I have a huge book report to do. Come September, and I'll be done with it. Also, an added note. September 3rd is my brithday! I want extra reviews please! Good ones! lol. bye.