InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Spirit ❯ Have you heard? ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey minna! Yes, I'm back. Sorry it's taking so long to update my other stories: "Scented Tears" and "Lovely Dangers." Here's my explanation of why...try to bear with me.

Over the summer, on July 19 to be precise, one of my closest friends died in a car accident. It was his birthday, and he was on his way to a party. He was lying down in the back seat, without a seatbelt. While his mother was making a U-turn, a car slammed into the right side of the car, hitting my friend with incredible force and killing him instantly.

Now, months later, I'm still having trouble moving on. Recently I had an emotional breakdown, thus why it's taking so long for me to update my stories. I'll work on them soon, but right now, I'd like to post this tribute to my friend. Also, his mother is still currently in a coma. So, please, everyone, pray for her well-being and let's hope she'll pull out of it soon.

This story basically puts the whole event into the Inuyasha story, having Kagome in my situation and my Casers in the position of....I won't tell you yet.

~*~ R.I.P. Casey Smith 7/19/89 - 7/19/03 ~ You were an amazing and loving friend, and we all miss you incredibly. This story is dedicated to you, Casers. Much love and kisses, your "baby girl." ~*~

Broken Spirit

Kagome sighed as she tossed her heavy pack out of the well, and heaved herself out after it.

`Ugh, Inuyasha can be so hard-headed! Tests are very important! Maybe even more important than hunting for the shards! Ok, that's going overboard. The shards should come first, but then what about my tests? I guess I'll just have to deal with squeezing everything in.'

By now Kagome had reached her house, and slid the door open. Kicking off her shoes and dropping her bag, she walked inside.

"Kaa-san! Jii-chan! Souta!" Silence. Kagome frowned with confusion and worry. Where could they be? Walking throughout the house, her eyes shot open with shock. It looked like everything had just been left in the middle of whatever activity had been happening.

Indeed, she was right. Half-eaten food dishes were placed on the table, the water in the sink was running, and she could hear the TV still going in the living room.

Walking over to the sink, she slowly turned off the water and then proceeded to the living room. Crawling on the couch to find the remote, her confusion grew ever larger.

`The couch....it's still warm! Where could they have rushed out to in such a hurry? What if something happened? I hope they're all ok!'

She walked over to her computer, and signed on to Instant Messenger. Immediately, about 25 messages popped up. Kagome minimized them all except her friend Eri's and skimmed over the message quickly.

Eri: OMG, KAG!!! HAVE YOU HEARD?!??

Kag: What's your deal, Eri? Calm down, what happened?

Eri: Oh, Kag, you haven't heard, have you?

Kag: ......well then, why don't you tell me?

Eri: It's so terrible!! He's in the hospital!!! We don't even know if he's going to live!! And his mom's still in a coma!! What should I do, Kag? What should we do????????

Kag: Whoa, slow down! Who's in the hospital, Eri??

Kagome's eyes widened as her brain began to comprehend Eri's response. Slowly, tears came to her eyes as comprehension dawned.

`No....it can't be.....not him........'

A/N: Yes, it's short. Don't worry, this is only the Prologue, the actual chapters will be much longer. Yes, I know you're wondering who this friend is....but I won't tell you just yet, you'll have to wait for awhile here. Please review, and be completely honest! Ja ne!