InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Spirit ❯ Silent Vows ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey minna! Yes, I'm back. Sorry it's taking so long to update my other stories: "Scented Tears" and "Lovely Dangers." Here's my explanation of why...try to bear with me.

Over the summer, on July 19 to be precise, one of my closest friends died in a car accident. It was his birthday, and he was on his way to a party. He was lying down in the back seat, without a seatbelt. While his mother was making a U-turn, a car slammed into the right side of the car, hitting my friend with incredible force and killing him instantly.

Now, months later, I'm still having trouble moving on. Recently I had an emotional breakdown, thus why it's taking so long for me to update my stories. I'll work on them soon, but right now, I'd like to post this tribute to my friend. Also, his mother is still currently in a coma. So, please, everyone, pray for her well-being and let's hope she'll pull out of it soon.

This story basically puts the whole event into the Inuyasha story, having Kagome in my situation and my Casers in the position of....I won't tell you yet.

~*~ R.I.P. Casey Smith 7/19/89 - 7/19/03 ~ You were an amazing and loving friend, and we all miss you incredibly. This story is dedicated to you, Casers. Much love and kisses, your "baby girl." ~*~

Broken Spirit

Last time:

Kagome's eyes widened as her brain began to comprehend Eri's response. Slowly, tears came to her eyes as comprehension dawned.

`No....it can't be.....not him........'

This time: (LOL, sorry, couldn't resist)

Kagome slowly shook her head as her hand flew to cover her mouth. All of a sudden, like a lightning bolt had struck, Kagome sprang from her chair and practically flew to the door.

So THAT'S where her family was! Duh, I mean, they'd been friends since forever. They'd been friends so long that by now their entire families were close to one another.

Kagome ran out her door, not caring about leaving AIM open or not having a jacket. All that mattered was getting to the hospital to see her dear friend.

God, she didn't know what she'd do if he died. He was like, her personal diary or something. She told him EVERYTHING. Besides that, she never had gotten a chance to tell him about the feudal era.

She had wanted to for a long time, maybe even take him there one day. Recently though, they'd been drifting apart.

`Darn him and that stupid schoolboy crush!' You see, recently he'd been being a little extra nice to her, and she had a feeling he liked her as more than a friend. In truth, this was a huge exaggeration. It was obvious that he was head over heels, and frankly he wouldn't leave her alone.

Kagome raced to the bus stop and fidgeted nervously. Not seeing a bus coming, she began sprinting towards the hospital at full speed.

Seeing a bus stopped at a red light, she ran up and started banging on the door. When the driver opened the door, Kagome burst through like Hades himself was on her heels.

"Hurry! To the hospital! It's an emergency!!" Kagome pleaded in between breaths. The bus driver gave her a curious look, yet did her best to weave throughout traffic to the hospital.

As the bus pulled up by the hospital, Kagome leaped out and sprinted into the building, sliding in front of the first nurse she saw.

"Excuse me miss, I'm looking for a friend of mine who was in a car crash, and is in emergency condition...." The woman cut her off with a nod and beckoned her to follow her.

Kagome blinked back tears as she rushed forward, trying to keep up with the woman who was going so fast.

As they arrived at the door, the nurse hugged her and ran off somewhere, leaving Kagome standing by the door alone.

Cracking the door open, she peeked inside. Nothing in a thousand years could've prepared her for what she saw.

Her dearest friend, hooked up to hundreds of wires. Machinery all around him making noises and showing confusing numbers on screens.

Stitches and bruises marred his normally handsome face, and his breathing seemed very irregular.

Stumbling into the room, she collapsed onto the ground in a sobbing heap next to his bed. Hearing slight motion above her, she kneeled up and opened her eyes to see him smiling at her.

"Kagome....I was hoping you'd come....." Kagome wiped her eyes and took hold of his hand, silently vowing never to let him go.

"It's ok, I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere.....so no tough guy acts, k?" Kagome smirked slightly, trying to cover her sadness.

"I won't.....not acts......not anymore........no, now I'm going to tell you everything..... ......everything....." His words were breathy and he looked like he was in pain.

Kagome took a breath to reprimand him, but was silenced by his fingers on her lips.

"No.....Kag........it's my turn......There are.......some things that I..........I have to tell you........before it's too late........I love you....I don't know.........why I've been keeping it hidden........In fact........I was on my way to see you.........when the crash happened............I was on my way to tell you.................... I've wanted to tell you.........for so long............I love you.....Kag........ I love......"

Kagome screamed as a dull buzzing sound now replaced the beeping one. His hand was limp in hers, and his chest no longer rose and fell with the act of breathing.

She couldn't believe it. It was her fault. All of it. He was dead because of her. Because he'd been on his way to see her. Because he'd loved her. And it was all her fault.

Sobbing on the floor, still clasping his immobile hand, Kagome looked out the window. As she watched the sun set, she vowed never to love anyone again.....or to let anyone love her.

Outside the third window, was a pair of golden eyes full of concern as he watched the strong woman he loved be reduced to a crumbled heap on the ground.

Looking towards the setting sun, he made a silent vow to be there for her through all of this, and to prove his undying love once and for all.

However, when he turned back towards the window, he was greeted by a startling sight. There she was, standing right at the window, staring up at him.

Her eyes were no longer teary, and she showed no sign of sorrow. Her face was as cold as stone, as though all of her feelings had been locked away.

Standing there glaring up at him, Kagome sighed sadly.

`I won't let him die.....I won't lose another dear friend. From this day forward, I no longer love Inuyasha. And I refuse to let him love me. I won't let him end up like Hojo......'

A/N: Awwww, poor Hojo!!!! So, now you all now who it is, too bad poor Hojo had to suffer though. Oh well, he kinda pissed me off anyways in the anime. This is going to be interesting....Inu's out to prove his love, and Kag is out to deny her love for him and crush his love for her.