InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Captain Kago and the Silver Hanyou ❯ The Rescue ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha… but… there are ways to marry him… ^_~
 
Captain Kago glared at the bars she sat behind. `How dare that no good for nothing Hanyou!' Kago touched the ground with her index finger. `How pathetic… getting shoved in my own cell.'
 
Sango looked at Kago from another cell. Sango felt as if she was about to lose her sister yet again. She watched as Kago let out a heavy sigh and drew something in the dirt by her feet. Sango closed her eyes as she remembered what had happened earlier…
 
Flash Back…
“Because, Captain Kago is truthfully, a woman.” The Silver Hanyou shook her and her hat fell from her head, releasing her hair.
 
The Pirates looked at each other. “Your hair is longer than hers.”
 
The Silver Hanyou looked at Kago. Her hair was much shorter than it use to be. He smirked. “Fine, then lets try this.” He threw Sango towards the other pirates and used his free hand to claw Kago's shirt, tearing it just enough to reveal that she had a bandage wrapped around her ribcage area, where her busts would be. The Silver Hanyou smiled broadly. “See? Should I remove the bandage as well?”
 
Suddenly they all heard a shout from behind the Pirates. “YES!” They all turned to face Miroku. He looked at them all and smirked. “ Hee Hee!”
 
Sango pushed the pirate that was holding her away. “Leave her alone you Hanyou!” She snarled at him.
 
He looked at her, “Thank you for generously helping me escape.”
 
Sango's face turned red with anger. Kago didn't know what to do. In the past, she had trained these pirates and taught most of them how to be a pirate. She was able to defeat all of them. However, now her cover was blown. Her plans were ruined. They all knew she was a female. Now what? She glared up at the Silver Hanyou. She could only think of one thing, she wanted this Hanyou dead.
 
“You all know the law of the pirates.” The Silver Hanyou shouted to the pirates. “She must die!”
 
The Pirates shot each other looks. None of them said anything.
 
“You shall not lay a finger on her you damn Hanyou!” Sango yelled into the Silver Hanyou's face.
 
He smirked at the brave woman. “Remember your place, woman!” He then shoved Kago into Sango and into another Pirate's arm's. “As of this moment on, I am the captain of this ship. At sun rise, Kago shall walk the plank, along with this girl.” He glared at Sango.
His golden eyes pierced into Sango's very soul. `Evil… pure evil.' Sango though as a pirate yanked her from Kago and dragged her towards the cells. Kago didn't say a thing as she was thrown into the cell. Sango knew that Kagome was thinking of a plan to get out of the mess. However, it would be a hard thing to get out of.
 
End of Flash Back
 
Sango heard a bunch of Pirates suddenly burst out laughing. The sound never meant anything to her, but she knew it meant something to Kagome. Kagome stood up and took a hold of the bars of her cell. She placed her forehead against the bar and slowly shook her head. “If we survive this, Sango, I promise you… I will kill that damn Hanyou with my own two hands.” She looked up so that Sango could see her chocolate eyes. There was anger and determination in her eyes. “If I have survived this far as a Pirate, a captain none the less, I WILL survive this.”
 
Sango nodded her head. “I know,” Sango walked to the other side of her cell where she could look out a tiny cell window into the ocean and sky. There was a full moon out that night, and she could see its beauty cast over the ocean waters. “You know, for this being our last night… it sure is a beautiful night.”
 
Kagome closed her eyes. She couldn't care about the beauty of the night. It meant nothing to her. “ Heh, this is not our last night. Never. You'll see.”
 
The two girls jumped as they heard the main door open. Someone was climbing down the stairs and was holding a lamp. The person made it to the base of the stairs and set the lamp to the side. Kagome gasped when she could see the man. He had the most beautiful long black hair and his eyes were so violet… so beautiful. Kagome glared at him as she quickly recovered herself. “Who are you? What do you want with us? If the pirates find out about you…”
 
The man rushed over to her cell and shot her a silencing glare. “Shut up. You want out?”
 
Kagome looked at her sister. “Not without her.” She said to the man.
 
The man smirked. “Right. Now, you want out, answer me these questions.”
 
Kagome looked away as she closed her eyes. “What ever, how can you get us out?"
 
"I got on this ship, didn't I?” The man responded.
 
Kagome looked at him. His hair was to his hips; he wore a white long sleeved shirt that was not buttoned, revealing his muscular chest. He had on a pair of brown pants and a sword was clung to his hip. “I'm listening.”
 
He leaned back and eyed her. Kagome moved her arms to cover her chest where her shirt was torn in order to expose her for who she was. “What is your real name, Captain Kago?”
Kagome looked at the floor. Why did this person care? Why should she answer him? However, she didn't see any other way out. If he would help her escape the Hanyou… it was worth it. “My name is Kagome. I am the Mayor's youngest daughter.”
 
The man studied her for a moment. “I thought so.” He whispered. Kagome eyed him. He thought so? How?
 
“That woman behind me is your sister, correct?” The man extended his thumb towards the woman behind him.
 
“Correct.” Kagome said simply.
 
“Were you betrothed to marry?” The man went on.
 
“Yes.” Kagome answered.
 
“Why did you become a pirate?” He finally asked.
 
Kagome glared at him. “You would never understand.
 
"Oh?” The man said. “ Keh, then, if you will not answer, I will not help.”
Kagome stood up and grabbed the bars of her cell with both of her hands. She completely forgot about her modesty. She glared at the man through the bars. “I became a bloody pirate to get my way. To end this ridiculous thing… and to live a life I want to live.”
 
The man smirked. “ Kagome,” He placed his hands around her hands and looked into her eyes deeply. “I do understand. I understand more than you will ever know. Now, I will aid you and your sister escape.” He pried her left hand off the bar and placed something into her hand. It was hard and warm. “You must never mention anything of me, ever, and you must leave this ship. Never return to it. Ever. When the moon is just above that island.” He pointed towards the tiny window behind Kagome. She turned to look towards the window. “You will unlock your and your sister's cells and escape. Don't worry; I will have everything under control.”
 
Kagome turned back to him. “I need clothes and a weapon.”
 
The man shook his head. “I can't supply you with everything. Just a way off the ship. You must defend for yourself after that. There will be a lifeboat on the other side of the ship. Use it.” He then let go of her hands and turned to leave.
 
“Wait… What is your name?” Kagome asked in a panicky voice.
 
The man stood with his back to her. “You don't need to know."
 
"Yes, I do!” Kagome insisted.
 
The man never looked back. “Sorry, you do not need to know.”
 
Kagome gritted her teeth as she watched the handsome man rush away. “Men…”
 
Sango leaned against her bars. “I don't know, Kagome. He was special.”
 
Kagome looked at her sister. She could still feel the warmth of the man's touch on her hands. “He was…”
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Kagome and Sango had waited until the moon was at the angle the man had told the two to wait until. Kagome quickly unlocked her cell door and rushed through it and to Sango's cell. She quickly unlocked it and the two women rushed towards the stairs where Kagome felt something soft against her foot. She quickly grabbed a lantern and looked down to see a white shirt lying on the floor.
 
“Oh my goodness, Kago… he left you his shirt!”
 
Kagome quickly bent down and picked up the shirt and said a quiet thank you as she continued up the stairs. Kirara greeted the two women as soon as they left the prison. Sango quickly picked up her kitten and the two women rushed over to where the lifeboat would be. Kagome turned her head and looked around quickly to see if anyone was around, or if the night in shining armor was nearby. She saw nothing. She quickly jumped into the boat and the two women lowered the boat slowly into the ocean waters. Kagome then grabbed the ores and began to row.
 
Sango moved to get a little more comfortable when she felt something cold and hard against her foot. “Ouch… what is…” She bent down and picked up the item. “ Kago, it's your sword!”
 
Kagome smiled. “That's wonderful. Now, lets get to shore, get a new ship… and we shall finish what we started.”
Sango smiled. “What you started."
 
"Right.”
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Miroku sat up in his new bed and stretched. He hadn't had such a good sleep in ages. He looked over towards where the Silver Hanyou had slept. The new captain was sitting on the edge of his new bed, in deep thought.
“I can't wait to see the two beautiful women again!” Miroku said. “I hope one of them can bear my child!"
 
"You will be seeing them to their deaths, Miroku.” The captain replied as he stood up. “It's time to have the two women walk the plank, not bearing children.”
 
Miroku frowned as he tied his hair into a ponytail. “Oh.”
 
The Captain smiled. “I can't wait to see the look on that woman's face as she realizes her death is near.”
 
Miroku didn't reply. He didn't really want this. However, The Silver Haired Hanyou was always right in everything he did. He always led the pirates on the right path. Miroku got up from his bed and began to change his clothes.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
“ARGE! Today, as your new captain, we shall send your old captain to her death!” The Silver Hanyou yelled.
 
The Pirates didn't respond. The all shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot.
 
“Now, to get the two women.” The Silver Haired Hanyou turned to walk down the stairs. After a few minutes, he returned with a tomato red face, and steam coming from his ears. He glared at all of the pirates. “Who did it?”
 
The pirates all looked at each other.
 
“Who let the Wenches go?!” He yelled as he exposed his claws. “Answer me now!”
There was no answer.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Kagome and Sango pulled the boat onto shore. The two women looked at each other. Kagome had removed her original shirt and tore it so that she could use it to tie her hair back while Sango rowed the boat. Then she put on the new shirt and buttoned it all the way up. She grabbed Sango's hand. “Remember, we are brother and sister.”
 
Sango nodded and placed Kirara on the sand. “Right, Kago.”
 
Kagome nodded her head and took her sister's hand once again as she led her towards the stores. “We must find a ship to steal and then find a crew.”
 
Sango followed Kagome. She was uneasy about her sister being a boy again, but she knew it had to be this way. However, people could easily recognize Sango who still looked like a female.
 
Kagome suddenly stopped and Sango slammed into her. “Would you rather be a boy?” She suddenly asked. It was as if she could feel Sango's fear.
 
Sango shook her head. “No, but, people will recognize me!”
 
Kagome nodded her head. “Do not fear. I'll fix that right now.” She pulled Sango into a little dress shop nearby and studied the dresses in the shop. Sango looked around uneasily. The dresses were for the common woman, not the mayor's daughter. Which was fine with her, but she could see a lot of women looking at the dresses.
 
Kagome yanked out a long blue dress and held it up to Sango. “Perfect.”
 
Sango blushed as Kagome pulled the dress away and shoved Sango into the changing room. Sango caught the dress as Kagome tossed it over the door. “Put it on.”
 
Sango knew that they had no money, and she knew that Kagome was the pirate Kago. She gulped as she pulled off her old dress and pulled on the new dress. It was a perfect fit. Kagome yanked open the door and eyed the dress on Sango. “Perfect!” She then grabbed the old dress, folded it up and placed it back in the for sale pile. She then took Sango's hand and the two quickly rushed out of the store with Kirara at their feet.
 
“STOP!”
Kagome and Sango turned to see the woman who ran the shop chasing after them. “Run!” Kagome said to Sango as the two started to run down the streets.
“Thief!” The woman cried behind them as the two started to run faster.
 
“HOLD IT THERE!” A man's voice boomed.
 
Sango closed her eyes and felt her heart pound in her chest. “Why me?” Sango turned to see if Kirara was still behind her when she saw the huge mob of people chasing after the two. “What now, Kago?”
 
Kagome bit her lip as she reached for her sword. `I can't go around killing everyone, we're outnumbered!'
 
Suddenly, a man stepped into Kagome's and Sango's path. The two women crashed into him. As Kagome was falling backwards, she stole a look at the man who had blocked their exit. He had short brunette hair pulled back into a tiny ponytail and gold eyes. He had fangs just the Silver Hanyou and he wore a brown fury outfit with some sort of armor around his bust. He had interesting pointy ears. Two other men walked up beside him.
 
“You two want to live? Come with us!” The one Kagome ran into said as he grabbed her and pulled her up roughly. The other two grabbed Sango and Kirara. “Let's go!” He said to the two men as they all shot off like a flash of light.
The people who were chasing the two women all came to a halt and screamed into the air.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
The Silver Hanyou stared off towards the land. “So, does anyone know what treasures the old captain was after?” He asked.
 
The Pirates looked at each other. “She was going to attack the neighboring village and take that mayor's child into custody, or kill the Mayor.”
 
The Silver Hanyou turned to the Pirate that had informed him of the plan. “Really? That mayor has two sons.”
 
The pirate would not meet The Silver Hanyou's eyes as the Hanyou approached him. “Correct… however, one of the sons had left… or died, and the other is not to be taken into custody. However, the infant daughter is.”
 
The Silver Hanyou froze. “Infant daughter?"
 
"Hai, her name is Rin.” The Pirate continued. “She was our next target.”
 
The Silver Hanyou turned away from the pirates. “Rin?"
 
"Hai, Sir. Rin.”
 
The Silver Hanyou's golden eyes sparkled with a wicked gleam. “We will get that daughter… and we will get their money. Then, we shall send out the ransom letter to both mayors… demanding what we want."
 
"Uh, Captain, Sir… why did you care about Captain Kago's plan?”
 
The Silver Hanyou shot a glare at the pirate. “That is none of your concern. Let's move it!”
 
The Pirates slowly moved to their new positions as The Silver Hanyou went into the Captain quarters and slammed the door closed.
 
“Arck!” The parrot said.
 
The Silver Hanyou yanked off his hat and threw it towards the bed. His tiny white ears twitched on top of his head. “A baby sister? How could they?” He then walked towards the bed and threw himself onto it.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A/N: Well, what is going to happen now to our beloved Captains? Who is the man who rescued Kagome and Sango that night? Why was he there? Who is this other guy with his two friends? What about The Silver Hanyou's problems? Don't forget to review!