InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Captain Kago and the Silver Hanyou ❯ The Agreement ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own inu-Yasha… but I borrowed them for this story!
 
The Silver Hanyou paced back and forth. They had sent out the ransom note and now, all they can do is wait. Miroku let out a sigh as the pirates went about their usual chores.
 
“This will work, Silver.” Miroku said to The Silver Hanyou. “It's a simple ransom. They would be foolish to take the chance on their daughter getting murdered for their beliefs.”
 
The Silver Hanyou stopped and looked at Miroku. “That's the thing, if they are willing to give their children to complete strangers for marriage, how am I to know that they do care about any of their children?” The Silver Hanyou fell into a chair by Miroku's side. They were both out on the deck and the Silver Hanyou was starting to have second thoughts.
 
Miroku frowned. “I-I don't know. I never came from that kind of background. I was from a farmer family.”
 
The Silver Hanyou looked at Miroku once more before looking away. During The Silver Hanyou's travels he had traveled to an island that was being attacked by soldiers. Miroku was the same age as him. The Silver Hanyou had found them nailing his hand to his family's house as they were setting the house on fire. The Silver Hanyou had saved Miroku that day and they were best friends ever since. Miroku still bore the scare in the palm of his hand.
 
Miroku shook his head. “My family was good people. I don't believe in people being killed just because they are poor.”
 
The Silver Hanyou nodded. “Nor do I.” The Silver Hanyou let out a soft laugh. “Feh, this is the life for me. Freedom to kill whom I want, freedom to take what I want, and freedom to live how I want.”
 
Miroku shook his head as he smiled. “Me too.”
 
The Silver Hanyou smirked. “Hai.”
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Kago glared up at Koga. This time, Sango was outside as the other pirates kept her and Kiara apart. “Do you understand me? You can have that damn Silver Hanyou if you help me reclaim my ship.”
 
Koga eyed Kago as he thought about it. “They already know that you're a female. You can't reclaim your ship. Also, your fate would be death.” Koga leaned towards Kago. “I could not deliver some thing so beautiful into the jaws of death.” Koga stood up quickly and turned his back to her. “However, I have another idea.”
 
Kago glared at Koga's back. “What is that?”
 
He turned around and rushed over to Kago. His nose just a centimeter from her own nose. His eyes glistened with glee. “I must marry. There's no and ifs or buts about it. Here's the deal, we fulfill your plan to stop the stuff going on so that your sister does not have to marry that guy, and we go and kill The Silver Hanyou together. You will get the ship and in exchange...” Koga's smile widened. “…you marry me. We will rule the seven seas together.”
 
Kago's eyes widened. `I'm being forced to marry a guy I do not love once again! Hell no!' She turned her head from him. `However, I need a crew, and he will help me… if I…'
 
“You are the only woman I have ever found that is the only one worth being my bride. You will love me, I know it. We are two peas in a pod. I will prove to you that I am the man you deserve.”
 
Kago glared at him. “How can you prove to me that you and I are in fact meant to be together?”
 
Koga smiled down at her. “Through this adventure.”
 
Kago rolled her eyes. “This is going to be fun…” She muttered under her breath.
 
Koga's ears raised a little as he broke out into a smile. “So, you will marry me?”
 
Kago suddenly broke out into an evil smile. She looked at him as she said, “Only if you can beat me in a sword fight, along with all of the other things you already said. If you can not beat me in a sword fight, then, we must part. Me on my ship, and you on yours.”
 
Koga smirked back. “It's a deal.” He extended his hand out to her and she took it.
 
`Too bad, no one has ever beaten me in a sword fight.' Kago thought to herself with a smile.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
The Silver Hanyou felt an uneasy feeling all day. He turned from the wheel and waved down a pirate. “Get me my telescope, now.” The other pirate nodded his head and ran away from The Silver Hanyou. He quickly returned with the telescope and handed it to The Silver Hanyou. The Silver Hanyou looked through the telescope and suddenly yanked it from his eye. “Damn! Everyone, raise the anchor and prepare for battle!” The Silver Hanyou suddenly jerked the wheel.
 
Miroku rushed over to The Silver Hanyou. “What's wrong?”
 
“They are coming for their daughter.” The Silver Hanyou informed him. “With battle ships.”
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Koga smiled at Sango. “You have a good sister you know.”
 
Sango glared back at him. “I know.” She replied. “However, she will never love you.”
 
Koga and Sango were sitting together at the dinning table in Koga's quarters. He had wanted to discuss their plans over dinner as he was very hungry. Kago was going to join them soon. “She doesn't know me yet. When the two of you get to know me, you will see that I am perfect for Kago.”
 
Sango moaned with disgust. `They better not get married.'
 
Kago suddenly opened the door and walked in. She glared at Koga as she closed the door and Sango almost fell from her chair. Kago was wearing a green dress and her hair was pulled back into a braid that was filled with flowers. The dress had white ruffles and bows. She looked very beautiful. It was hard to believe that she usually dresses as a man.
 
Koga stood up and stared at Kago. He never blinked or took his eyes off her.
 
“Close your mouth you wolf.” Kago snapped.
 
“Seeing you like this has erased any doubt in my mind about us being wedded.” Koga whispered.
 
Kago stared at him with shock. “What are you saying?”
 
Koga reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a little black box. “I got this while I was in town. I hope it fits.”
 
Kago glanced at Sango in horror as Koga walked over to her. “Kago… be mine.” Koga opened the box to reveal a beautiful engagement ring.
 
Kago eyed the ring and shook her head. “If I wore that rock, I'd sink to the bottom of the ocean!”
 
Koga smiled. “I stol-got plenty of others! A whole store full if you don't like this one.”
 
Kago walked past Koga and took her place at the table. “That one is fine.”
 
Sango gave Kago a weird look. “Kagome, what are you saying?”
 
Koga's face lit up as Kago shot Sango a dirty look. “You're name is Kagome!”
 
“Thanks Sango.” Kago muttered as she put her forehead into the palm of her right hand.
 
“Gomen!” Sango said as Koga took Kago's left hand and placed the ring on her third finger.
 
Kago smiled meekly at her sister as she slowly removed her hand from her forehead. “It's okay. It's not important. I had made a deal with him.”
 
Sango listened as Kagome revealed the details of the conversation Koga and she had earlier. “So now, you won't have to marry that Sesshomaru.” Kago finished.
 
Koga sat beside Kago and smiled at the two women. “I am really good at sword fighting so we will be a really happy family.”
 
Sango eyed Kago. “Kago, do you…”
 
Kago glared at the table. “All I must say is I curse the day that I ever met that bloody Silver Hanyou.”
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
 
The Silver Hanyou yelled at his pirates to load up the canyons for battle. The other ships were much faster then his and he grumbled with anger as the closest ship pulled up by their side.
 
“I have come to take back what you have stolen.”
 
The Silver Hanyou's face faltered as he recognized the masculine voice. He turned to face the one man that he could never beat. The one man who he used to admire when he was younger.
 
“Sesshomaru…” The Silver Hanyou growled.
 
Sesshomaru eyed the Silver Hanyou. He didn't say a word as he drew out his gun. The other soldiers from his ship came aboard The Silver Hanyou's ship and pulled out their guns as well. Sesshomaru pressed the barrel of the gun into The Silver Hanyou's stomach. “Where are Rin and Sango?”
 
The Silver Hanyou glared at Sesshomaru. “You would have to kill me first.”
 
Sesshomaru smiled at The Silver Hanyou. “No, I'll kill you later. I will kill everyone on this ship first.” Sesshomaru then yelled out, “By orders from the Governor of England, all Pirates must be hung. So therefore, we are taking this ship.” Sesshomaru looked at The Silver Hanyou. “Remember, you brought this fate upon yourself, Hanyou.”
 
The Silver Hanyou felt two other men grab him from behind, holding his arms so he could not fight. “I will get what I want, Sesshomaru!”
 
Sesshomaru smirked and turned away from The Silver Hanyou. “You were pathetic then, and you're pathetic now.”
 
The Silver Hanyou's eyes glared at Sesshomaru's back as the other two men began to drag him from the ship.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Kago walked along the deck in the green dress she wore to dinner. She had to admit, dinner was very good and she did miss wearing nice dresses. However, she will not reclaim her lady days until her quest is complete. She will do what ever it takes to stop the law and to set her sister and herself free. She let out a sigh and leaned against the rail.
 
“You look so beautiful, Kagome.”
 
Kago turned to see Koga standing behind her. The wind blew through his bangs. His smile showed off his fangs.
 
“I'm not use to any one calling me beautiful any more.” Kago admitted as Koga stood beside her. “It's a little eerie.”
 
Koga looked down at her one last time before looking out to the ocean. “You should be use to it. After all, your beauty puts the engagement ring to shame.” He said in a sincere voice.
 
Kago blushed slightly. She stared out into the ocean in silence, letting the cool wind blow through her hair and listening to the waves crash against the ship.
 
“We will be sailing at dawn. If there's anything you need before we go, let me know.” Koga informed her. “Then, we will fulfill your plans.”
 
Kago nodded, but she couldn't think of anything. She closed her eyes and then she thought of something or rather someone. His violet eyes had danced as he gave her a warm, passionate kiss. She opened her eyes and stared out into the ocean. She felt a little ache in her heart.
 
“I will be in my quarters, waiting for your return.” Koga said as he started to leave.
 
Kago suddenly snapped out of her thoughts and jerked her head towards Koga. “What?!”
 
Koga turned to look at Kago. “You will be sleeping with me.”
 
Kago glared at him. “That was not in our agreement!”
 
Koga looked up at the stars. “It's the way things are done. I need to start a family soon.”
 
Kago's jaw dropped. “WHAT?” She balled her hands into fists.
 
“I said-“
 
WHAM!
 
Koga was on his back within seconds. He slowly opened his eyes and stared up at the stars as Kago stormed away. He raised his hand and began to rub his jaw. `The perfect woman.'
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
 
The Silver Hanyou held on to the bars of the prison cell as he leaned his head against the bars. `Once again, I'm behind bars.' He thought in disgust. A guard stood by The Silver Hanyou's cell, holding a rifle. The Silver Hanyou eyed the guard, but the guard was too far away for him to kill the guard, and yet too near for him to attempt to break out.
 
“Well, at last, the rat has come back to it's nest.”
 
The Silver Hanyou groaned. Sesshomaru walked over to the guard and whispered something to the guard. The guard nodded his head but remained at his post. Sesshomaru turned from the guard and walked over to The Silver Hanyou. “Sesshomaru, what do you want?”
 
Sesshomaru frowned. Being a man of few words, he didn't want to say too much. “Father and your mother are dead.”
 
The Silver Hanyou's eyes widened. Sesshomaru didn't look at him. “Dead?”
 
“Your mother died after him. Father died in war. The human woman was beheaded after giving Rin to the killer.”
 
The Silver Hanyou said nothing. The ill words were just slowly seeping in.
 
“Your mother was a fool to trust him, but he kept his promise. Rin, is a full human.” Sesshomaru started to leave when he said, “I will not tolerate your kidnapping of Rin, as our father loved her. In three days, the full moon will rise once again.” Sesshomaru turned to the Silver Hanyou. “It is then that you and your crew shall die. You who broke your parents hearts, shall die a death of a pirate, Inu-Yasha.” Sesshomaru suddenly scolded as he turned his back to the Silver Hanyou.
 
“Sesshomaru-sama” A voice cried out from the hall. “The people want to know that Rin is okay.”
 
The Silver Hanyou turned his back to the bars as Sesshomaru left. His parents were dead? Who was it that promised to protect Rin? The Silver Hanyou's eyes widened as he stopped breathing.
 
~*~*~FLASH BACK~*~*~
 
Inu Yasha walked with his friend from school towards the mansion he lived in. Inu Yasha's eyes widened as he heard the words shouted.
 
“My father never loved you! He only married you because after my mama died he was forced to marry you!”
 
Inu-Yasha's mother's voice never wavered. “What ever the reason that your father married me, is his reason. I am truly sorry about your mother, and I wish I could bring her back for you.”
 
“Shut-up, human! Your words are meaningless to me! I just can't wait till the day that you shall die!”
 
Inu-Yasha rushed over to see Sesshomaru storm away from Inu-Yasha's mother.
 
~*~*~End of FLASH BACK~*~*~
 
The Silver Hanyou's eyes narrowed into slits. `He is keeping me locked up till I am weakened. Then, he will have me hung as if I was no more then a pirate to these people. No one will recognize me.' The Silver Hanyou closed his eyes tightly. `Damn him. I will break free and kill Sesshomaru myself!'
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Kago felt the warm rays of the sun touch her skin as she slowly opened her eyes. She looked around herself slowly. She could not believe that she had fallen asleep on the deck of the ship last night. Kago turned to see Sango sitting up and hugging her knees to her chest.
 
“Sango?”
 
Sango looked towards Kago and gave her a soft smile. “Guess you did not want to sleep where you were told to, huh?” Sango's small smile fell as she turned her attention to the ocean. “I don't love Sesshomaru. However, our family was determined that we were the perfect match.”
 
Kago watched Sango but said nothing, letting her sister finally let out what she had been holding all this time.
 
“I saw him once. He's very handsome. However, he is so mean. He was disgusted with humans and even more disgusted that he was supposed to marry one.”
 
Kago gave Sango a questionable look. “How did you find out?”
 
Sango turned from Kago's eyes. “After you left, I was out looking for you. I went over to their mansion in hopes that you were there to throw stuff at them or something childish. He was outside; he was bossing this little ugly youki around. He saw me and instantly…” Sango lowered her eyes as the memories flooded her head. “Let's just say, he was very cold to me. I didn't want to marry him.”
 
Kago looked away from her. “I never met Inu-Yasha, nor do I ever want to.” Kago jumped up and turned to look at Sango. “Let's go, Sango. We are setting sail now!”
 
Sango smiled. She always understood Kagome's reason, and she wanted out as well. She just never had the courage that Kagome did. However, now being with her baby sister, she realized that she did. Sango rushed out behind Kagome and they both suddenly stopped at the top of the stairs. Kago turned towards Sango in horror.
 
“My bride has finally awakened! Ready to claim our futures?” Koga's voice sang as he waved at the two ladies from below.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
 
A/N: Well, another chapter has been added! Everything is starting to become clearer and clearer now. However, how will Inu-Yasha get out of Sesshomaru's plot to be hung?
 
Preview: Kago raised her sword as they boarded the deserted ship. Kago looked around before turning to Koga. “They were taken hostage. I can feel it. That damn Silver Hanyou.” Kago growled.
 
Suddenly, they heard a noise from the far end of the ship. Kago drew her sword. That was when he rolled out of the pile of rubbish and ended up at Sango's feet.
 
“The Silver Hanyou's first mate!” Kago shrieked.