InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Captain Kago and the Silver Hanyou ❯ The Hanging ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: You all know I do not own InuYasha… duh
 
Kago took in a deep breath of fresh air as she looked out over the ocean waters. She was wearing a white long sleeved shirt and tight black pants with a red sash around her waist. She had a matching bandanna wrapped around her long raven hair. She wore knee high black leather boots with metal cuffs at each ankle. She was ready to battle any one who got in her way of guaranteeing her and her sibling's freedom. She pressed her lips together as she sailed towards the mansion of her renowned enemy. She had heard that the mayor had passed on which meant that Sesshomaru was now in command. Kago did not have any real idea how this man really was, but he had to also not want this marriage.
 
“My beloved and beautiful, Kagome.” Koga's voice broke through Kago's thoughts. She turned to see Koga walking towards her with out a shirt on, which was normal for him. He wore a pair of tanned pants which complemented his good looks. Kago turned from him and sighed. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and gazed out at the ocean with her. “When we finish this mission, I will make you the happiest bride in all the seven seas. You will never have to give up your feminine pride again.” He nuzzled her behind her ear. Kago shivered under his soft touch. She did not know what to do in this situation. She had given up being a woman years ago, and to now become a woman again, she was dumbfounded.
 
“Koga-sama!” Ginta's voice broke through Kago's thoughts. She turned to see the excited man with his unique hairstyle. His hair had a black streak down the center of his hair and grey hair on either side of the streak. His torn shirt could barely cover his chest, and it was not tucked in his pants. His pants were rolled up above his knees. “We are approaching land! There's a pirate ship on it's shoreline surrounded by military ships!”
 
Kago turned to gawk at the first mate. Could it be her ship? They had sailed for three days now. She was itching to attack someone.
 
“Okay, we will send a boat to shore and find out what is going on.” Koga said. “Kago and I will investigate the ship.” Koga took Kago by her waist and guided her towards the boats on the side on his ship. Kago turned to see Sango rushing up to the deck.
 
“Can we take Sango with us?” Kago quickly asked Koga. She did not want to be alone with Koga at any price.
 
Koga gave Kago a big fanged grin. “Why? Don't you wish to be alone with your future husband?”
 
Kago frowned. “That is not the reason; I just figured that another set of eyes is…”
 
Koga erupted in laughter. “Sango, come with us.”
 
Sango rushed over to their sides. “We must hurry before they catch us.”
 
Kago nodded her head. She was appalled that her ship would be caught by the enemy twice now. She turned and grabbed her bow and arrows along with her trusty sword. “Let's go.” She pushed past Koga and Sango and headed towards the boat that would take them to her ship.
 
Koga grinned even wider. “Now that's my woman!”
 
Kago leaped onto the boat and shifted her weapons so that she could easily grab an ore. She sat down as Koga helped Sango ease herself into the middle of the boat while he took the other ore and sat down. He shifted his rifle which he grabbed before getting off the ship beside his feet. “Lower us!”
 
With out further ado, the crew lowered them into the calm water. Hakkaku looked over the edge of the ship. Kago smiled up at the second mate who was now in charge of the ship till Koga returned. Kago was not use to a pirate trusting more then one person, and even that was rare. However, Koga had two trusting mates. Kago stared at the Mohawk on Hakkaku's head as they were being lowered; wondering if there was any knives hiding in it.
 
“We must be quick about this, Kagome. We can not afford to get caught.” Koga informed Kago.
 
“I am not leaving with out my ship.” Kago notified him dully.
 
“We have our own ship now. I will help you release your family from this cursed life of having to marry the others, but it will not affect you at all.”
 
Kago nodded her head, only half listening to his words. She was tired of others telling her what her future was. She remembered her father telling her to marry InuYasha and run part of the government together. She believed it was the army. Now, she was being told that her battles were all for nothing. She frowned as she turned to see her boat growing bigger. A pair of English solders walked off the ship with their guns barrel resting on their shoulders and the butt of the gun was cupped in their hands. She frowned. If only she could use her cannons and blow up half the town. They caused her more trouble than it is worth. Koga steered the boat towards the far away portion of Kago's ship. Kago grabbed a rope that was used to tie the ship to shore, and she pulled herself up it. Koga grabbed Sango and had her hold onto his neck as he climbed up the rope following her.
 
Kago raised her sword as they boarded the deserted ship. Kago looked around before turning to Koga. There were no blood stains on the deck, which meant that either the crew was taken off the ship with out any fight, or the ship was already deserted before it fell into the enemy's hands. “They were taken hostage. I can feel it. That damn Silver Hanyou.” Kago growled. She started to re-sheath her sword when they heard a noise from the far end of the ship. Kago drew her sword. That was when he rolled out of the pile of rubbish and ended up at Sango's feet.
 
“The Silver Hanyou's first mate!” Kago shrieked. She aimed the sword at his throat. Miroku gave her a sheepish grin. His clothes looked ragged and he looked to have lost a little bit of weight.
 
“Hello, Kago.” He said. “Will you bare my child now?”
 
Kago raised her sword ready to relieve Miroku's body of his head when Koga grabbed Miroku by his neck and held him up in the air. “She is my wife… don't let me hear those words escape your tongue ever again.”
 
Miroku glanced quickly between the two. “Married already? What a waste!”
 
Kago glared at Koga. “We're not married yet, moron!”
 
Koga clenched his teeth. “We will be soon.”
 
Sango suddenly spoke, breaking the tension in the air. “What happened?”
 
Miroku frowned. “Sesshomaru took the ship and will be hanging everyone tonight when the full moon takes over the skies.”
 
Kago turned to gaze at the town. The two guards were heading back towards the ship. They had to get off the ship, now. “Is there any one else onboard?”
 
Miroku shook his head. “It's a miracle they did not discover me yet.”
 
“Lets get off, now.” Koga ordered as he threw Miroku and grasped Sango by her back. He quickly threw her onto his back swiftly. “The last thing we need is to get caught.”
 
Kago nodded her head as she grabbed Miroku and shoved him towards the direction she had just come from.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
The Silver Hanyou tried to breathe. However, the thickness of the air that surrounded him suffocated him instead of aiding his need to breathe.
 
“Tonight will be a massive hanging!” A guard exclaimed with excitement.
 
“I can't wait, I hate the smell of these stinky pirates. Plus we are running out of bread crumbs to feed them with.” Another grumbled back.
 
The Silver Hanyou glared at his muddied feet. His once nice clothing was nothing but dirty blood stained rags. They barely covered any part of his dignity. Truthfully, his dignity was almost all but gone. For three days he had been whipped, teased and starved. His stomach rumbled loudly as he thought of food. All that he and the crew were given were literally crumbs. He took a deep breath. The fact was he was so thirsty; it was almost unbearable to take deep breaths.
 
“It has been so long since we hung any pirates!” The guard said.
 
“Yeah, the last time we hung a ship full of pirates, we had uncovered a beautiful red head. I would have loved to have taken her to my bed!” The other guard said.
 
The Silver Hanyou clenched his teeth together. “Damn you bastards.” His voice came out as almost a whisper. He was sick and tired of listening to the guards joke and talk about meaningless stuff.
 
“Her name was Ayame, right?” The other guard mused. “She was such a beautiful Irish princess.”
 
“Yeah. She had been caught by those scoundrel pirates. I don't remember what happened to her though. I think Sesshomaru-sama took her to the mansion, and he must have sent her home.”
 
The other guard laughed. “Yeah, Sesshomaru-sama would have sent her home immediately.”
 
A new voice entered the conversation. It was a low eerie voice that crackled a tad. “Your precious Sesshomaru-sama would never send that wrench back to her home land. She is a full blooded wolf yÅkai. Those are becoming rarer these days with the inbreeding of worthless humans. Even his own father has a human girl in mind for your beloved Sesshomaru-sama.” The voice chuckled a bit. “From what I was told, her skin is soft like a baby's skin. Her eyes are such a deep shade of green…”
 
“Silence! Sesshomaru-sama is not interested in that Irish Princess even if she is an yÅkai! Plus, if he was looking for an yÅkai to marry, she would have to be an inu yÅkai! Do you know of any?”
 
The Silver lifted his head. `So, does Sesshomaru have a wolf yÅkai in their prison? Wouldn't that start a war?' He wanted to find out this information, but his need for liquid was greater then his need for information on a matter that did not assist him with his current situation. He had to get out of the prison before he or his crew were hung that night. He looked up at his wrists which were handcuffed to the pole above his head. His skin had been rubbed raw from the cold merciless metal. Blood trickled down his arm as he shifted his weight a bit. There was nothing left for him to do that he had not done these past days.
 
“Sesshomaru-sama!” The guards suddenly yelled as they clicked their heels together.
 
“Has the hanyou attempted to escape any more?” Sesshomaru's voice trailed over to The Silver Hanyou's ears.
 
“No sir! He has finally been broken, sir!” One guard notified Sesshomaru.
 
“His spirit as well?” Sesshomaru's voice asked.
 
“To our knowledge. He just hangs there now with out a word.” The guard responded.
 
“Good. The preparations are almost complete. Tonight, once the full moon is high, we will end this meaningless battle. This will surly leave a mark on the other pirates.” Sesshomaru's footsteps became louder as he walked over to The Silver Hanyou's side. Sesshomaru took The Silver Hanyou's chin between his index and thumb and lifted his head up so that The Silver Hanyou had to look at Sesshomaru. “This will end two battles. One with the pirates, and the existence of a hanyou in my noble bloodline.” His words were spoken in such a mono tone that only The Silver Hanyou could hear him.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Kago glared at Miroku. “Looks like you got out of the pot only to jump into the fire.” Miroku was held by a group of Koga's pirates with his hands behind his back. Miroku was on his knees before Koga and Kago.
 
“Look, they plan to hang all of the pirates tonight in the full moon!” Miroku exclaimed.
“You need to do something!”
 
Koga rubbed his chin in deep thought. “If we let them hang all those pirates, it will be bad on the rest of the pirates. The Silver Hanyou is known to be a fierce pirate.” He turned to Kago. “Plus, his head belongs to me.”
 
Kago shook her head slowly. “I want to kill him with my own hands as well, however just watching him die a slow death would satisfy me.”
 
Koga eyed Miroku. “Not me though. He is the one guy I will never forgive.”
 
Kago released a sigh. “Fine, I guess we have no choice. I want my crew, you want that Silver Hanyou's blood. Fine, we will assist in their escape tonight. No matter what though, I want that Silver Hanyou dead.”
 
Koga nodded. “Fine. We will attack at the full moon.”
 
Kago turned away to walk over to Sango's side when she felt a hand grasp her shoulder. She turned to look at Koga. “What?”
 
“I don't want you down there when we attack.” Koga said.
 
Kago glared at him. “You underestimate me. I can handle myself.”
 
Koga did not release her shoulder. “At least hide your hair. If anyone found out you're a girl they will take you away from me.”
 
Kago smiled at him. “They will never get the chance to even know I'm coming.”
 
Koga smiled a fanged smile. “That's my woman, never backs down from a fight.”
 
Sango reached out and took Kago's arm. “Kagome, just promise me you'll come back safely.”
 
Kago placed her hand on Sango's shoulder and squeezed it. “I will, no doubt about it.”
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
The moon casted a bright light onto the ocean water. The cold air sent chills throughout Sango's skin. Hours had past and now the pirates were leaving her alone on the ship with Miroku and the second mate, Hakkaku. Hakkaku grumbled about being left behind once again, but there was nothing he could do about it. He was after all only the second mate.
 
Koga turned to Sango and Miroku. “I will be back with that Silver Hanyou's head soon. After this, we shall have a party to celebrate Kagome's and my wedding!”
 
Sango gave him a fake smile. She knew that Kago did not love Koga. However, this battle was worth more to her than her own happiness. Koga turned away and marched off the ship with the others. Sango scanned the crowd for a glimpse of Kago, but she did not see her little baby sister.
 
“Sango, you did not think I would leave with out saying good bye, did you?” Kago's voice came from behind Sango. Sango gasped and turned to see Kago with her hair tied back into a bun and a pirate hat on her head.
 
“Kagome!” She quickly embraced Kago.
 
“Whoa! Don't be so passionate!” Kago joked as she broke free from Sango's tight squeeze.
 
“I'm sorry; I'm just scared that you may not come back!” Sango apologized.
 
“I promised you, didn't I? I will come back and I shall accomplish this mission.” Kago informed Sango. She then pulled her into a tight hug and whispered, “When this is all over, we shall plan our own escape.”
 
Sango gasped. “I thought you were going to marry Koga?”
 
Kago eyed the pirates leaving. “I could not do it. To be honest, I'm quite taken by another man.”
 
Sango broke from their hug. “You are?”
 
Kago placed her index finger on her own lips to tell Sango to be quiet. “Yes. We will not live the life another assigns us. We are in this battle for our freedom. I will find the guy who I want to marry, and I will marry him.”
 
Sango's eyes lit up. “It's that raven haired beauty with the violet eyes!”
 
Kago's face flushed a shade of pink. “Shhh… They will hear us!”
 
Sango pressed her lips together. “I will wait for your return then.”
 
Kago smiled back at her sister. “I will see you then.” With those words, Kago squeezed Sango one last time before falling into the crowd of pirates. She needed to free her men. It was not going to be easy, but she needed them. Yes, they knew she was a woman, but could they really abandon her after all she did for them? She rushed with the others to the edge of the gathering of the town's people who looked at the scene before them, unknowing of the pirates that gathered behind them. The Englishmen were hitting their drums in a slow steady beat as the pirates dragged their feet onto the execution plank. Several nooses hung in a strait line before the pirates. One man stood to the side, reading the scroll stating that the people were going to be hung because they were pirates. The men turned to look at the nooses as the guards quickly dragged out one last pirate. Kago took a deep breath as she took in the man's horrible condition. His body was covered with dry blood. His long black hair was matted and lose. It appeared that blood was caked in it as well. His clothing could only barely keep his dignity. They faced him towards the crowd and shoved the hair from his face. Kago's eyes widened as she saw the stained face of her hero. His violet eyes that once sparkled with courage were now hidden by the black eyes that he had received. Kago felt a single tear trickle down her cheek as they pulled the noose down to wrap it around his throat. His head rolled forward as soon as the noose was in place.
 
Koga pressed his lips together as a tall man in white walked before the pirates. His long silver hair glistened in the moonlight. He grabbed the raven hair and jerked back the head of Kago's hero. He looked out at the audience. “This person is called the Silver Hanyou! Let it be known throughout all the land, and seas that no pirate shall live to see another day once they cross our paths! The Silver Hanyou, and his crew of pirates, are hereby sentenced to death by hanging!”
 
Kago collapsed her hand over her mouth. `No! He is not the Silver Hanyou! The Silver Hanyou is a mean silver haired buffoon! This guy is just taking his place! The Silver Hanyou escaped!!!!' Kago looked at Koga who glared at the scene. He turned to his crew.
 
“Stupid Sesshomaru! This is enough! ATTACK!!!!” Koga screamed as he withdrew his sword and held it high in the air. Kago quickly leaped in the front of the group. People screamed and ran away as she and her comrades rushed in with force. Kago's eye never escaped the one she had to save.
 
“CUT THE ROPE!!!!” Sesshomaru yelled as the over grown man complied. He quickly sliced into the rope and the ground gave out from under the pirates. They fell through the floor abruptly. Some had their necks instantly snapped, but the others hung there, with no means to breathe. Kago charged towards her hero and pulled her sword from its sheath. She quickly threw the sword towards the rope and pulled her bow from her back. The raven haired man fell onto the ground in heap. She grasped an arrow and quickly shot the arrow at a rope where her pirates hung from. Kago quickly released her arrow and threw her bow on her back. At that instant Sesshomaru quickly pulled his own sword from his sheath and aimed it towards the raven haired man's heart. He quickly rammed it down as Kago leaped towards the raven haired hero and grasped his limp body.
 
“Hold on! Don't you dare die on me now!” Kago yelled just as Sesshomaru's sword punctured her own flesh. She gasped and thrusted her body forward from the impact and pain.
 
“Damn you, pirate!” Sesshomaru yelled. “I could have killed him!” He pulled the sword from Kago's flesh as her hat fell from her head and her long raven hair fluttered down. Sesshomaru's eyes widened as he saw her face. “You're Kagome!”
 
Kago glared at him. She had no time to correct him or battle him. She had to get her hero to safety.
 
“Imagine this, the woman who escaped marriage to the man she was betrothed to, is now rescuing him from my hands.” Sesshomaru seethed as he raised his sword once again. “This is perfect! I shall kill both of you!”
 
Kago fell to her knees as she tried to pick the raven guy up. She was loosing too much blood and growing weak. “What are you talking about?” She yelled as she used all of her energy to pick him up once again.
 
Without warning, Sesshomaru gasped as a sword pierced through his shoulder from behind. He roared in anger and pain. “Hey! What are you doing to my woman?!” Koga's voice met Kago's ears. Kago looked up to see Koga leaping in the air and getting ready to kick Sesshomaru in the jaw.
 
“I owe you!” Kago yelled as she tightened her grip and jerked the raven haired man from Sesshomaru's side. The two fell off the board and into the hard sand below. Kago moaned as she got up. She grabbed the raven haired man's arm and jerked on it. “I can't do this with out you!” She fell back to her knees when she realized that he would not budge. “Please! Help me! I…” Tears formed in her eyes. She was helpless. Koga was battling Sesshomaru above them, and she could not even rescue one guy. “Please!” Kago bit her lip as she replayed Sesshomaru's words to her. What did he mean by her betrothed? Kago stared at the man before it hit her like a ton of bricks. She felt her entire body pale. “No…” She whispered as Koga's body crashed to the ground under Sesshomaru's fierce slam. “InuYasha…” Kago leaned closer to him and allowed her long hair to caress his skin. “InuYasha… Please, wake up…” She gazed at him for a few more seconds before she leaned forward and closed her eyes. “Wake up…” She gently kissed his lips as she caressed his swollen cheek. Without warning, she felt a hand grasp hers and his lips responded to hers. Kago's heart raced as she finally got the strength to pull from him and gaze down in his beautiful violet eyes.
 
“What are you doing here?” InuYasha asked.
 
“HURRY UP, KAGOME!!!!” Koga yelled as he tried to stop Sesshomaru's sword from penetrating his chest.
 
“Rescuing your ass.” Kago told him. “You better run towards our ship or we are all dead.” She indicated to Sesshomaru and Koga fighting above them.
 
With out a word, InuYasha grabbed Kago's hand and the two ran out from under the platform. Koga gave Sesshomaru one last push before leaping off the platform and running after the two.
 
“Why did you come back for us?” InuYasha yelled to Kago.
 
“I told you, I want what is mine and that ship is mine!” Kago informed him as she leaped over a few guards' bodies.
 
InuYasha squeezed her hand in his own. However, his eyes quickly fluttered to the full moon that shined over the brutal scene, fearing when it would vanish.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
A/N: 3917 words! Woot! A long chapter! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I made it extra long due to it being a long time since I last updated. If you want to stay updated on this story and all of my other stories, please go to my site fanfic. Myinterests. Com Just get rid of the spaces.
 
Also, please review if you want a quick update, I go by the number of reviews I get per chapter to see what story I should update next. If this gets more updates then my other stories, it'll be booted to the front of the line.
 
Thank you to all of you who had reviewed!!!! It means a lot to me. You're all great. Oh, and for the common question, will this be a romance? I hope this chapter answered that for you!!! Being awoken by a kiss is a good way to wake up, don't you think?