InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Captain Kago and the Silver Hanyou ❯ A Night of Feelings ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha.
 
InuYasha sat on the edge of Koga's bed as Kago affixed bandages to his cuts. InuYasha looked away as she leaned forward to clean one of his many cuts.
 
“Why did you come?” He breathed. He tried to keep the worry out of his voice as his eyes kept darting nervously to the window that the full moon peaked through. “Your shipmates threw you away…”
 
Kago paused for a second before placing the rag onto the night table by Koga's bed. She placed her fingers gently under his chin and tilted his head upwards so she could look into his beautiful violet eyes. “I wanted my ship, and I trained most of the crew. I also had to see you once more.” She released his chin and grabbed the rag once more.
 
InuYasha's eyes widened as he remembered waking up to a gentle tingle on his lips. He raised his hand to his lips as his head cleared. Had she really kissed him? He was so out of it.
 
“Why didn't you tell me your name is InuYasha?” Kago continued as she dried his skin.
 
InuYasha took in a deep breath. “Um, I… I didn't see it necessary.”
 
 
Kago eyed him. “It is. Did you leave home and join the pirates to get away from your arranged marriage?”
 
InuYasha pressed his lips together. He did not want to tell her anything.
 
“Why did you pose as the Silver Hanyou… and why did Sesshomaru try to kill you?” She continued.
 
“He is my half brother.” InuYasha informed her in a mono tone. “He is a full yokai. Our father is the same, but I have a human mother.”
 
Kago turned to gaze at him. “So that is why you look nothing alike.”
 
InuYasha turned his head away. “Yeah.”
 
Kago laughed. “That stupid Silver Hanyou looked more like him than you do!”
 
InuYasha remained quiet at her remark. He could not look at her. What he needed to do was get off the ship before the moon vanished.
 
“InuYasha…” Kago started just as the door opened and Koga walked in. He placed his arm over her shoulders and peered down at InuYasha.
“I hate the fact that she is giving you favors now, but I'm grateful that you saved my beautiful Kagome from that piece of shit Silver Hanyou.” He said cheerfully. “Kagome is going to be my bride as soon as we get back to land!”
 
InuYasha glanced at Koga as he squeezed Kago's shoulders. He could not believe what he was hearing! Maybe he was wrong in thinking she would kiss him when she was marring Koga. “Keh, whatever…”
 
Kago stared at him blankly. It almost sounded like The Silver Hanyou was talking instead of him. She quickly pushed it to the side. She had more important things to worry about, like her marriage to Koga and her family. “The battle is over, but not the war.” She informed Koga. “The war ends when Sesshomaru's head is on my plate.”
 
Koga chuckled. “Spoken just the way I like it! Don't worry, Kagome! I'll slay that bastard just for you! Just watch me!”
 
InuYasha shot a sideways glance at the couple as Koga planted a kiss on her cheek. InuYasha grumbled at deterred his eyes away.
 
“Koga, I'm sure that InuYasha is hungry…” Kago notified him as she attached a bandage to an open slash on InuYasha's cheek.
 
Koga waved his hand at her. “Soon, but I have more important questions for our mystery boy here. Oh, Sango needs you by the way. Something about a perverted guy who can't keep his hands off her ass.”
 
Kago jumped up. “That asshole, Miroku!” She glanced at the two men for a second and then rushed from the room to aid her sister. Koga walked over to the door and closed it gently before locking it. He then turned to the window where the moon peaked in and chuckled.
 
“You know, you may fool a human like Kagome, but you can never fool a full wolf yokai like me.” Koga slammed the window closed and locked it. “What a convenient full moon we have tonight. Maybe tomorrow will be a good day for a beheading.” Koga turned to InuYasha. “Silver Hanyou…”
 
InuYasha glared at him. “So you know than…”
 
“I am not stupid, and this is why I allowed Kagome to treat you in my room. When the moon vanishes and your true form appears, she will watch as I kill you … and then she will be my bride a hundred percent.” Koga informed him with his arms folded across his chest.
 
InuYasha chuckled. “It sounds like you have everything planned out.”
Koga nodded his head. “Of course. I have been waiting for this moment ever since you killed my tribe. All that is left now is Ginta, Hakkaku and myself. Not much of a chance of expanding my tribe, is there?”
 
InuYasha frowned. “I have killed many people and yokai. Do you honestly think I would remember your tribe?”
 
Koga pulled his knife from his pouch. “Yes. Amongst them was my beautiful fiancé from Ireland. You took her and my tribe from me!” He slammed his knife onto the end table. “Since you cannot give them back to me, I shall kill you to avenge them!”
 
InuYasha glared at him. “I do not remember this at all. My crew never killed a red headed yokai bitch!”
 
Koga yanked the knife from the table and threw it towards InuYasha. It missed him by centimeters and embedded itself into the wall. Koga seethed as he stared at InuYasha. “Don't you dare lie! Not about them! You killed everyone that I loved! Everyone that I cherished! You no good for nothing pirate! I would never have stooped to such a low life if it was not for wanting to kill you with my own hands!”
 
InuYasha looked backwards at the knife. “Keh, your aim sucks.”
 
“Who said I was aiming for you? Next time, I won't miss.” Koga promised as he got into InuYasha's face. His brown eyes glared into InuYasha's violet eyes. He reached over InuYasha's shoulder and pulled the knife from the wall and stepped away from InuYasha. “I shall give you one night of peace in this form. However, once the moon goes down… you are officially dead.” He promised. “Kagome will never think of you as anything more than just a pitiful pirate who got what he deserved.” Koga unlocked the door and opened it. “Oh, and if you plan to escape… don't. You'll find it impossible.” With those words, Koga left the room. InuYasha looked at the closed window and sent silent darts at it.
 
“InuYasha?” Kago's voice came from outside the door. She walked into the doorframe and smiled at InuYasha. “Good! You're alone! I was worried that Koga would not let you have any peace!” She planted a bowl of water by the bed and turned to examine him. “You look so… pale.”
 
InuYasha automatically reached up to touch his face. “Sorry, I must have lost a lot of blood…” He offered as an excuse.
 
“I understand. I'll get you some steak, okay?” Kagome offered.
 
InuYasha nodded his head and Kago quickly left the room. She left the door open as well. InuYasha stood up and walked over to the doorframe to investigate Koga's warning. Pirates surrounded the room holding weapons and glaring at him. InuYasha shot them each a glare of his own. `Damn.' He thought. `How am I going to get out of this?'
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Kago walked up to the kitchen were a woman slaved over the cast iron stove. “Oi! Any red meat in there?” She hollered.
 
The woman became flustered as she wiped her bloodied hands on her clothes. “Yes, it's small though.” She scooped up a small piece of red meat and handed it to Kago. “We're almost out of red meat. However, we should be back to land soon.”
 
Kago nodded her head. “Right.” She turned away to see Miroku and Sango chatting. Miroku fell to his knees and clasped his hands together. Sango took a step backwards as he wiggled closer to her.
 
“PLEASE! Bare my child!”
 
Kago glared at him as she stormed over to him and kicked him in his butt. “Watch what you say, Baka!”
 
Miroku rubbed his butt and eyed Kago. “Then, bare my child!” He begged as Sango turned red and slapped him across his cheek.
 
“Man! What a looser!” Kago seethed as she walked off. Sango followed her closely but her eyes fell on Miroku's form.
 
“I don't know, he's kind of funny.” She said meekly.
 
Kago stopped suddenly and Sango crashed into her back. “Do you like him?” Kagome turned to eye her older sister who blushed a deep shade of red.
 
“Me? Like him… of course not!” Sango said in an unbelievable voice. Kago rolled her eyes and continued to walk towards Koga's room where InuYasha waited for her.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Sesshomaru sat at his desk, looking out at the ocean waters splashing against the ship. The men hurried as they worked on their individual jobs on deck. Sesshomaru pressed his lips together tightly as he fiddled with his fingers in deep thought.
 
“Sesshomaru-sama…” A deep voice said from the security of a dark corner. “I hear you failed in killing that InuYasha brother of yours…”
 
Sesshomaru turned towards the dark figure. “I have not failed yet. That hanyou will not taint my bloodline much longer!”
 
The deep voice chuckled. “What determination you have, Sesshomaru-sama.” Then the chuckle silenced abruptly. “I have something for you. Use this sword to drain him of his blood.” A blue tinted sword flew from the corner across the room. It was quickly embedded into the corner of Sesshomaru's room.
 
“What the hell do I need that sword for?” Sesshomaru demanded, annoyed that this person wanted more from him.
 
“This will seal his yokai powers so that he cannot attack you when he is injured.”
 
Sesshomaru pulled the sword from the wall. “I will kill him the way I want to kill him.”
 
The voice chuckled. “Look at that blade closely. See it's blue colors?”
 
Sesshomaru stared at the blade. The blue highlights danced across the blade in a swirling motion. “Yes…”
 
“It's a powerful sword. Meant to only be held by a powerful yokai such as yourself.” The deep voice fell quiet for a few minutes to allow its words to sink into Sesshomaru. “Swing that sword towards that desk.”
 
Sesshomaru glared at the corner. “You cannot order me around! I will do what I want when I want.” He turned the blade over to examine it more.
 
“As you wish, Sesshomaru-sama. However, your wishes have all but one been granted by me… including the governor's seat.”
 
Sesshomaru growled loudly at the dark corner. “I never meant for you to kill my father! Just his human wife!”
 
The voice chuckled. “Two birds with one stone… hardly a reason to growl…”
 
Sesshomaru aimed the sword at the voice and a bolt of lightning shot out from the tip of the sword. Then, the area surrounding the darkened corner iced over. Sesshomaru looked at the sword in awe.
 
“This is a treasured sword of the four elements.” The voice continued. “You now have control over the four elements. This is a sword no one can escape.”
 
Sesshomaru looked towards the corner. “Where is that hanyou?”
 
The voice chuckled. “He is half a day before you. You should reach him just in time to see him killed by other enemies. Unless, you want my help…”
 
“NO ONE will kill him except me!” Sesshomaru growled as he pointed the sword at the darkness. “Get me there before that happens. I will kill him with my own hands!”
 
The darkness slowly evaporated. “As you wish, Sesshomaru-sama…”
 
Sesshomaru turned from the corner and headed towards the door. He had found that this creature that he had rescued from another pirate ship was very valuable to him.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
InuYasha stared at the moon as it started to set. Kago sighed as she placed the cloth back into the rounded container. The once clear water was reddened with blood. She smiled at him softly. “There you go. All better.”
 
InuYasha took a deep swallow. His throat was incredibly dry. “Thanks. Say, is there a way I can get off this ship anytime soon?” InuYasha turned to Kago and gave her a winning smile.
 
Kago lost her breath for a moment. “Ah… no. I don't know why but Koga is guarding you and my crew like a hawk.”
 
InuYasha pressed his lips together as he tried to think of a way to get Kago to assist him in his escape. “I need off this ship, Captain Kago…” He said in a soothing voice. He leaned forward and smiled at her. “Is there any way that you can…?”
 
Kago stared at him with sparkling eyes that made him wonder what was wrong with her eyes. Kago stared at him, unwilling to move.
 
“Captain… Kago…?” He asked. He hated to call her captain, but he had to be on her good side to get what he wanted. He leaned towards her and lifted his thumb to her left eye to see if he could wipe away any tears or what ever was in her eyes.
 
Without any more words, Kago leaned forward and pressed her lips against his. This action caught him off guard as he fell backwards onto Koga's bed. His eyes widened like a wild man's eyes. Wasn't she engaged to Koga? Does this mean it was not his imagination? That she really did kiss him when he was about to be hung? Kago clasped her hands over her mouth. “I'm sorry!” She gushed. She had no idea what had gotten into her again. She just felt the need to kiss him once again. InuYasha sat up and uneasily cleared his throat. “So how can I help you get off the ship?”
 
InuYasha tried to clear his mind of the kiss, vaguely remembering the touch of her lips from his rescue. “Trade places with me.” He replied in a raspy breath.
 
“Trade?” Kago asked.
 
“Yes. I need to get off this ship. It's a matter of life and death.” He informed her.
 
Kago raised her eyebrows as InuYasha started to unbutton his shirt. “I'll lock the door.” She jumped from the bed and locked the door to Koga's quarters. She slowly turned around to see him strip out of his shirt. His bare muscular chest made her inhale deeply. She slowly reached up to undo her own shirt. She became uneasy as this would fully expose the fact that she was a woman to him. She took a deep breath. “This is a matter of life and death?”
 
InuYasha looked up and nodded his head as he tossed his boots. “Yeah.”
 
Kago pealed her shirt from her shoulders and tossed it towards him. Her face became flushed as she heard him pause. She could feel his eyes on her back. Her breasts were flattened by a wrap which kept some of her dignity.
 
“I always knew you were a woman.” InuYasha informed her as he picked up his shirt and walked over to place it onto her shoulders. “Don't be embarrassed… it's not bad.”
 
Kago took in a deep breath as she pushed her arms through the sleeves of his warm shirt. “I gave it up in honor of Sango's and my freedom. We were treated as objects… just given to…” She bit back her words, knowing that he already knew the truth.
 
“Given to my brother and me with out your… yeah, I know.” InuYasha said softly. “That's why I left as well and joined the pirate life.”
 
Kago turned to him and placed her hands on his chest. She gazed into his eyes, searching for his true feelings. “I wanted to love my husband… not be just a piece of nothing to him…”
 
InuYasha stared into her eyes without saying a word. His own heart was aching for some odd reason. He tried to swallow, but his throat became parched. “We need to finish so I can get off this ship before the sun rises.”
 
Kago looked away. “Oh, right.” She released him and he took her hat and placed it on his head. He quickly tucked his hair into the hat. Kago admired him as he picked up a sword and attached it to his sash. “Then, till we meet again…” Kago said meekly.
 
InuYasha looked towards her and smiled warmly. “Till we meet again, I shall leave you another hint for your mission… my brother is not one to trifle with. Stay away from him as much as possible and leave him to me. Understood?”
 
Kago shook her head. “This is my battle, and I will see it to the end. Your brother nor that awful Silver Hanyou will ever stop me.”
 
InuYasha gazed at her for a second longer. He reached out and grasped her arm and jerked her towards him. Her body collided into his, and he gazed into her eyes for a moment. “If only we had met by other means…” He whispered to her as he quickly claimed her lips in a deep kiss. Kago felt all of her energy leave her body as he kissed her forcefully. Truthfully, her body wanted to melt. Then, as quickly as he had taken her lips… he was gone. Kago felt incredibly cold once he left her side. She leaned onto the wall and exhaled her breath. She could not believe that she had once again let him go. She turned to the window and watched as the sun began to rise. She smiled a soft smile as the rays kissed her skin.
 
“Kagome! Are you okay in there?” Koga's voice shouted through the door as the door handle began to violently shake.
 
“Yes, sorry.” She unlocked the door and Koga rushed in. His eyes searched for InuYasha. “Where is he?”
 
Kagome looked at Koga. “After I took care of his wounds, he told me he had to go, it was a matter of life and death.”
 
Koga's eyes fixated on her face. “You smell of him! Are those his clothes?”
 
Kago looked down at his shirt. “Yes, he asked to trade…”
 
Koga growled as he turned to the open door. “FIND HIM NOW!!!”
 
Kago grabbed Koga's arm. “Why? He's not our prisoner!”
 
Koga turned to glare at her. “I should have told you the truth. I just wanted you to see it with your own eyes.”
 
Kago stared at him confused. “What the hell are you talking about?”
 
Koga opened his mouth to notify her, but suddenly a ship materialized beside theirs'. Almost as if it was a ghost ship. Kago grabbed Koga's arm in shock and fear. Koga growled under his breath. “Now, we are in really deep shit.”
 
Kago watched as darkness escaped the ship and all she knew was that things were going to get much worse for now on…
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
A/N: Uh Oh… Kago's in danger and InuYasha escaped with out being discovered!
 
Thank you to all who have reviewed the last chapters! Your reviews mean a lot to me!
 
Please review this chapter! The more reviews I get, the faster each chapter gets out! This story was my top priority because of the amount of reviews it had received from the last chapter. Also, if you want to see sneak peaks and estimated dates the next chapters will be coming out on, please visit my site, http://fanfic.myinterests.com where I put up everything and answer the FAQ.
 
Thank you for reading this story and I look forward to seeing you in the next chapter!