InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Captive Inu ❯ Prologue

[ A - All Readers ]

Her breath came out in short pants as she ran through the dark castle, not knowing where she was going specifically. Behind her she could hear the sounds of heavy footsteps following her. There were no windows in the castle, and so far no doors. The place looked to be completely deserted, but she knew better. Everything was simply hidden underground. Very, very deep underground. 

 

She came to a dead end. She furiously looked around but to no avail. Her sharp claws dug into the walls, but the material was made of something impenetrable, causing her nails to chip and break. Panicked tears pricked at her eyes as she attempted to use her poison to melt through. Nothing.

 

She couldn't smell anything, could hardly see anything, even with her demon senses. Her body was already weak from being chained down for years. Escaping from her prison had been by far a long shot. She'd known that, yet she couldn't stay another minute. So when she saw her opportunity, she took it with little hesitation. 

 

However, she'd barely begun her escape when his people were hot on her trail. Now here she was, defenseless and about to be recaptured. Slowly, she turned and faced the men as they approached. They slowed, pointing weapons of all sorts at her. She raised her hands in defeat. She should have just stayed put. Now when her captor returns, she was going to pay dearly.

 

This was the end of the line. 

 

"No, my child. This is only the beginning."

 

She jumped at the voice in her head. Something seemed to come over her then, something powerful. A warmth that started deep within her chest gradually increased, until it became a searing heat that scorched her skin from the inside. She clenched her teeth against the pain, even as a bright pink light began to glow above her heart. The men were confused, not knowing what to do. One stepped forward, sword pointed at her.

 

"Stop!" He yelled.

 

 "Let go," the voice in her head said again.

 

She screamed in pain, and with a jerk of her body, forced the ball of burning light away from her. It shot out from her chest and towards the youkai. They yelled in fear and pain as the light disintegrated them before her eyes. She fell to her knees, exhausted, but hauled herself up to her feet. More men would be coming soon.

 

She shakily stood to her feet, and with a hand clutched to her tight chest, she continued on in the opposite direction.