InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Mind-Speak ( Chapter 66 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey everyone. Long time no see, neh?

Lol, gomen about that, I’ve just been sooooooooooo damn busy, and runnin’ around all over the place, I’ve barely had any time for writing or reading or anything like that.

Anyway, I don’t have much to say right now... oh, the review responses have been moved to the bottom. I don’t know if this will be a temporary or permanent switch, but I thought I’d make it a bit easier for everyone who doesn’t want to hear my responses. ^_^   ~*~   Mind-Speak

Inuyasha frowned as he opened the stable door.

This particular stable he was in wasn’t necessarily for horses, but rather some youkai of a... larger variety. Like Ah-Un.

However, since the fire-uma could not be placed in a regular stable without the risk of setting it on fire, this was the only place they could be without problems.

Pausing to give Ah a small scratch behind one of his scaly ears, Inuyasha continued on down to the far end of the stable until he reached the two stalls that had the horses in them.

Immediately the young stallion lifted it’s head to eye him suspiciously, his eyes blazing as he gave a small snort. Inuyasha cocked his eyebrow.

‘I hope that wasn’t a challenge.’ He said to the horse. ‘Cause I’m really not in the mood to fight you right now.’ The horse continued to glare at him, dragging one hoofed foot against the ground that sent small sparks flying off at random directions, and Inuyasha rolled his eyes. Had he ever been this bad he wondered before turned toward the elder of the two-- the mare.

By this time she had lifted her head and was staring at him in a much-less hostile manner than her son.

He could feel the messages passing back and forth between the two of them, though because he had not been expecting it really he hadn’t been concentrating and didn’t hear a word they said. Nevertheless, he decided to join in on their mental conversation.

‘I came to ask you guys for some help.’ He said, not entirely certain if it would work. Now that Amaya was gone, any of the mind-talking abilities she had extended to him had very likely faded, if not disappeared entirely. However, judging by the way in which the two dark heads snapped toward him, it had worked.

The female had a slightly puzzled expression (or as puzzled as a horse can have) on her face as she stared at him. ‘You have the ability to talk to us like this?’ She inquired slowly. Inuyasha gave a small shrug.

‘Not really. Amaya used to do this with me all the time. I think she accidentally extended some of her powers to me. I don’t think it’ll last forever though...’

The male let out a small snort, and muttered something that sounded distinctly like “witchcraft.” Or maybe it was “pathetic” it was really hard to tell with mind-speak.

Inuyasha opted to ignore him as the female continued to speak.

‘That is very interesting, hanyou.’ She said slowly, then twitched her ears back. ‘Do you have a name?’

Inuyasha gave a small nod. ‘Yeah. Inuyasha.’ Was all he said. Despite all the time he had spent doing this with Amaya, it still made him feel slightly insane-- like he was having a conversation with himself inside his head, only this time voices were answering back.

The mare seemed to pause for all of an instant, and then continued. ‘Very well, Inuyasha. My name is Kazkaen, and my son Arron.’ She said, although Inuyasha already knew this. He wasn’t sure how he knew this, just that he did. He supposed it was another thing Amaya had accidentally passed onto him at one time or another. ‘You said that you needed help?’

Inuyasha started slightly. He had all but forgotten the reason he had come here.

‘Yeah. I need you guys to take me and a friend somewhere.’

Arron snorted.

‘You see mother? They’ve turned us into carriers-- like that two headed dragon. Next thing you know, we’ll be hitched up to a cart!’

Kazkaen shot her son a look. Inuyasha crossed his arms but decided that, again, it would be best to ignore the uma. The little stallion was, quite clearly, insane, and very hostile, and was looking for a fight with him. If Sesshomaru had taught him one thing it was not to go into a fight that someone was looking for unless you have a reason to battle that person. Or whatever. Unless, of course, they really find themselves in need of being taught a lesson that you know you can get across quite well.

At this point in time he had no reason to fight with the youkai, and, even if it was to get the uma to understand he had no right to be so hostile, he couldn’t garuntee that he wouldn’t end up kill or seriously injuring the stallion, and then there would be no way for him and Kagome to get to the well.

So he opted for silence.

The mare turned her eyes back to him and her ears twitched forward again. ‘Where is this place you intend to go?’ She questioned. Inuyasha frowned. He knew where the bone-eaters well was, he just didn’t know how to get there. At least, not from Sesshomaru’s castle.

He had never used to come here before-- the exact opposite in fact-- and now that he did come here... well, he had no real idea how to get much of anywhere.

So he just had to hope that they would know.

‘It’s called to bone-eaters well. It’s in Inuyasha forest near the village the old hag Kaede lives in.’

Kazkaen blinked. ‘You have a forest named after you?’ She questioned. Normally such a thing only happened with great Lords or fabled beings. In her opinion, not very many people would consider a half-breed, even one like him, worthy of such a thing.

Inuyasha stiffened slightly. ‘It’s a long story.’ He said.

Kazkaen gave a small shake of her mane. She could understand that. Still, now she was intruiged. Perhaps she could learn more of this long story if she went with the half-breed. It was always good to know as much about your allies as you did your enemies so you could be certain which really was which.

‘Very well then Inuyasha. We shall take you and your friend to your forest. Hopefully you do not intend to do anything too dangerous or attention-drawing while we are there.’ She said, her eyes locking with his a moment on the last.

Inuyasha stared at her a moment, then smirked slightly as he turned and began to head toward the stable door. ‘Only if you think time-travel is attention-drawing.’ He said just as the door slid shut. ~*~  

A/N: Sorry people, no glossary this chapter. Too tired to do it right now.

-....###.....####....### - Lol, don’t be embarrassed. You were only trying to help. And I have done that before too. It was a real pain in the ass-- I think I tried three of four times before I gave up, only to realise later how you’re actually supposed to do it. ^_^ Lol, I tell yah, this site is messed up. ^_^ -- Lol, yeah, I see where you’re coming from, and I see all your risks, but I should point out that the battle is probably at least a little way off yet, or else I doubt Amaya ever would have left them alone in the first place. ^_^ But other than that, I get what you’re saying, there are so many things to take into account... I can’t say for certain, but this might be an area of the story where you’ll have to give me at least a little leeway, because I don’t know if I’ll be able to keep everything 100% accurate here. It’s a lot of work considering I’ve got who knows how many characters all running about in different places with no particular plan in my head as to what I’m gonna do with them yet. Lol, still, I’m trying to keep everything you and everybody else is saying/suggesting in mind. ^_^ -- Lol, still, I’m glad you’re enjoying the story, even despite this part of the plot which may become an innaccuracy *crosses fingers and hopes that doesn’t happen* -- Lol, and I’m glad you like my choice of music... that was supposed to be deleted from the chapter I think, but w/e ^_^

-elenacala - complex simplicity or simple complexity. Lol, take your pick. ^_^ Still, glad you enjoyed the chapter, and that I managed to add enough detail to make you be able and visualize everything that was going on. ^_^

-Snowfall - Lol, okay, this is the third time I’ve started typing out a response to you (My damn computer keeps shutting down and erasing everything) so if this doesn’t work, I’m afraid I’m not gonna respond to you. Nothing personal, it’s just my computer will currently be nothing but a bunch of smashed gadgets on the sidewalk that don’t operate very well since I’ve just finished throwing it out the window. But if I seem curt right now, that might be why-- cause I‘m retyping myself over and over and you just kinda start to loose the ability to go into significant detail after a while, ya know? ^_^ -- Lol, anyway, yeah, you’re right, both Inu and Kags are filled with all sort of inner turmoil that they are having trouble dealing with. I don’t know if Sess will follow them though. I mean, he might, but it doesn’t really seem like something he would do. After all, he sends Rin out to look for food “alone” and only goes after her once she’s gotten into danger, so... ^_^ -- Lol, sorry if you don’t see the significance, but I’m not sure if I can explain it to you, since I’m not entirely certain if I understand the significance either. It just seemed significant to me, so I added it. ^_^ -- Hm. Kagome having a jewel shard?... No, I don’t think she does actually. Amaya has three that she took from Inu, and then the fourth she took from Kohaku, but other than that, I believe Naraku has them all... ^_^ -- Lol, yeah, a sniper rifle’s definitely better. I mean, the bazooka’s just so awkward... and loud. He’d probably shatter his eardrums everytime he fired the thing. Or else give himself one helluve a migrane. ^_^ Lol, yeah, a rifle is definitely better suited for him. ^_^ Although I still like his whip the best. Quick. Deadly. Pretty much silent. A lot like him. ^_^ -- Hm? Lol, I’m sorry if I sound stupid, but you lost me somewhere. What does Ji-chan have? Gomen, i suppose I could blame this on the fact that I’m not fully awake right now, but I blame so many things on that... I suppose I should take responsibility for my own stupidity. Just this once! ^_^ Lol, anyway, yeah, I imagine if Sesshomaru somehow wound up in Kags’ time it’d be a living disaster. Well, no, that’s not true actually. I imagine it would be quite... calm really. He actually seems to be a fairly curious person if you ask me. He likes to know what’s going on. Not with everything, but with whatever he happens to be involved in. So, whereas Inuyasha might have attacked the stove and pulled it right out of the wall, I imagine Sesshomaru would be slightly curious as to what it was, and then disapproving of the inferior human object. ^_^ -- Lol, still glad you liked the chapter, and the different interactions too. I’m not a male, so I’m not entirely certain how they communicate, but if you say I did it well, then... ^_^ -- Oh, and thanks for explaining about the Pavlovian(sp?) thingy. I get it now. It would be like in seabiscuit, the way they trained the horse to respond to the firebell, only in this case Inuyasha would automatically react submissively toward anyone stronger who threatened him. Or maybe just any male who threatened him or displayed some sort of dominance toward him. Lol, anyway, the point is I got it. ^_^ -- Oh, and about chapter 47-- I don’t know if you reviewed this chapter either (I can’t remember right now... gomen!) (although you should know that you don’t need to review every chapter! Just every once in a while it’s nice to get your comments on the story! ^_^ Not that I mind or anything, but it must take a lot of effort on your part...) And I’m glad you enjoyed it! And the whines too. I don’t know why, but I’ve always liked using whines to communicate without words. In my stories that is! Not actually me! Lol. ^_^ And I’m also glad you didn’t think Inu/Sess was too corny... I had a few people who thought they came off a bit too... brotherly. Or gay. And that wasn’t really what I was going for at all. ^_^

-Leanne5582 - Hey! =) Lol. I’m glad you’re enjoying it still! ^_^ And thank you for your suggestion... there’s just one problem with it though: I’m already breaking the rules by responding to people (yeah, I know, how fcucking messed up is that?) and adding them in separate chapters would get me kicked off for sure. Not to mention the fact that I think it would cause a good deal of confusion for everyone, and people would not be able to just skip to the next chapter, they’d have to skip over the reviews to get to the next chapter. Still, I did give your idea thought, but I don’t think it’ll work. ^_^ Lol, I am trying to find ways to respond to everyone without making all this long fuss (hence the review responses now being at the bottom) but there seems to be no way to win. Can’t put them at the top cause it’s too much work to scroll. Can’t email responses cause I don’t know everyone’s emails, some people don’t want emails, and that would get much too confusing for me. Can’t put them in new chapters for the reasons I just stated. And now that the responses are at the bottom, people are getting confused because the chapter ends and them WHAM! There’s suddenly responses. *sighs* I just don’t think there’s any way I can keep everybody satisfied, and I can hardly stop responding-- it’s much too important to me to just start ignoring everyone. Can’t stop ranting either-- it’s a disease, and I don’t have the cure (although I have spread it on to a few other people ^_^) so... For now I’m just doing my best to find the way that works the best for everyone. ^_^ Still, thanks for your suggestion! ^_^