InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: July - Thriller/Horror ❯ The Horrors of School ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on July 1, 2012 for Movie Madness July: Thriller/Horror.

Title: The Horrors of School
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : Revenge of the Nerds – July - #1
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Admin's Genre- Thriller/Horror
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 700
Summary: School was supposed to be safe. She wasn't supposed to fear for her life there. Who knew Inuyasha was right about there being hidden dangers.
Warnings: None

------------------------------

Kagome peered nervously around the corner, her heart beating dangerously fast in her chest. She nearly sighed in relief to see that the hallway appeared empty and she gestured for her friends to follow as she began to carefully make her way down it. Huddling together and shaking in fear, the three girls did so.

Kagome gulped as she noticed some suspicious looking splatters on the ground before turning her head away. Nothing she could do about those, she would just have to focus on saving those she could. She reached the end of the current hallway, hope welling in her chest. They were nearly there!

Nervously peering around another corner, her heart sank. “No,” she whispered forlornly upon spotting the creature standing in front of the school exit. She pulled back and shook her head at the others, they would have to find another way out.

Eri couldn't help it. A whimper escaped her at the news.

Kagome's eyes widened as the sound seemed to echo loudly throughout the hall. She peered nervously around the corner again before cursing. “Run!” she hissed at her friends, shoving them back down the hall as the slime covered creature raced toward them.

Stealth no longer an issue, the girls screamed and ran. Kagome glanced over her shoulder, fear rising as she saw the creature gaining on them. They weren't going to make it. Yuka's screams called Kagome's attention to the hall in front of them and her heart sank further at the sight of two more of the creatures.

She frantically looked around, eyes landing on a classroom door. “In here!” She ushered the others inside, slamming the door closed just in time. It immediately began to rattle and Kagome threw an ofuda at it, sighing in relief as it glowed briefly. “Thank you, Miroku-sama,” she whispered as one of the creatures gave a loud screech outside the door. She frowned and looked around, hoping to find another exit. The ofuda wouldn't hold them back for long.

Her eyes landed on the window and she raced for it only to leap back with a scream as a figure appeared there. The other girls screamed as well.

“Oi! Would you shut up already?!”

Kagome nearly sagged in relief at the familiar voice. “Inuyasha!” she cried, throwing herself at the hanyou as he climbed through the window. “Am I glad to see you!” She hugged him tightly before kissing his cheek, paying no attention to the fact that her friends were staring at his uncovered ears.

Inuyasha stared at her, taken aback by her sudden display of affection. “K-Kagome? What's going on?”

She nearly burst into tears. “It's the nerds! They decided to get their revenge for the way they've been treated. They created these monsters that have taken over the school. We're the only ones left, I think they ate everyone else.” She shuddered, the memories burning through her mind. “You've got to stop them, Inuyasha. Who knows what damage they can do if they get loose in the city.”

“Keh. Leave it to me.”

“K-Kagome, what can he do?”

“Y-yeah, I know he's dangerous but-”

“Those things will kill him.”

“Feh, ain't nothing gonna kill me,” Inuyasha snorted, drawing Tessaiga.

The girls' eyes widened as the sword transformed before their eyes. “W-what is he?” Eri asked as Inuyasha exited the room.

“My hero,” Kagome said proudly as she listened to the fight outside the door.

Inuyasha's head popped back in a moment later. “Coast is clear. Let's go.” His eyes narrowed on Kagome. “And you ain't never coming back to this 'skool' again, ya hear me wench?!”

Kagome practically glued herself to his side, planting a deep kiss on his lips. “I hear you, and completely agree.” They quickly exited the building, thankful to be out in the sun. The other girls ran for it as soon as they reached the gate and Kagome turned to Inuyasha. “Let's go home.”

Behind them black eyes glittered with hate before the owner slithered deeper into the shadows. He would have his revenge. Someday.