InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: July - Thriller/Horror ❯ Alone and Afraid ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on July 1, 2012 for Movie Madness July: Thriller/Horror.

Title: Alone and Afraid
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : Home Alone – July - #2
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Admin's Genre- Thriller/Horror
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 520
Summary: Kagome's fears get to her when she has the house to herself. The next entry in the collection is also related to this one.
Warnings: None

------------------------


Tap tap tap.

Kagome jerked upright in her bed, her heart pounding as she stared at the window. Nervously, she approached it, sighing in relief as she saw that it was just the tree branch tapping against it. She glanced back at her bed before shaking her head. As jumpy as she was feeling, there was no way she would be able to fall asleep.

“Hot chocolate will help,” she murmured, heading for the stairs. She flinched at every sound that echoed throughout the house. “It's an old house, it makes noise. You know that,” she told herself, trying to calm her racing heart.

“Why did they have to choose now of all times to be gone?” Kagome groaned as she thought of her family, away on a trip. She was supposed to be in the past right now but had gotten into a fight with Inuyasha and come home early only to learn that she would be home alone. Deciding to catch up on some of the movies she had missed recently, she had unknowingly put on a horror film and was now jumping at shadows.

The kettle whistled and she jumped. “Get a grip, Kagome,” she told herself, shaking her head. She poured the water into her mug, mixing in the cocoa and milk.

Scritch scratch scritch scratch

Her hands shook. “It's just a branch, scratching at the window,” she told herself after jumping slightly. Hands shaking, she lifted the mug to her lips to take a sip.

There was a thump upstairs and she shrieked, dropping the mug. It hit the ground, shattering into pieces, hot liquid splashing everywhere.

“Buyou, it was just Buyou. There is no one else here, no reason to be scared,” she tried to convince herself as she reached for the mess with shaking hands. That idea was discarded as she heard footsteps on the stairs.

Her hands went to her mouth as she looked frantically around. “Oh god, there's someone in the house! A murderer or a serial killer or rapist. I'm going to die!” Her eyes landed on the back door and she raced for it. Hand on the door to open it, she flinched as lightning flashed, illuminating a figure standing outside. She turned to run the other way only to trip over her overturned chair. She flew through the air, stopping when she collided with a hard chest.

“Aah!”

“Would you quit screaming already wench?!”

“Inuyasha! Thank God!” Kagome through her arms around him. Realization hit and she slapped his shoulder. “What's the big idea scaring me like that?!”

“Keh! I only came to make sure you got back alright. Don't know why you're acting so jumpy.” He crossed his arms over his chest.

Kagome poked him in the chest, mouth open to berate him when she realized something. “Wait a minute. You came in through my window, right?” At his nod, she continued. “Then who did I just see outside?”

Her eyes turned fearfully to the back door as it began to slide open.