InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: July - Thriller/Horror ❯ The Alley ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on July 1, 2012 for Movie Madness July: Thriller/Horror.

Title: The Alley
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : Girls Nite Out – July - #4
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Admin's Genre- Thriller/Horror
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 700
Summary: Kagome's night out with her friends doesn't turn out as she expected.
Warnings: Language

-------------------------


Kagome crouched lower, huddling next to the dumpster as the furious curses reached her ears. She winced at the loud banging echoing around the dark alley, one hand rising to cover her mouth and prevent any sound from escaping. 'I'm never going to listen to Eri, Ayumi and Yuka again,' she silently promised as her mind wandered back to how she ended up in this situation.

“Come on Kagome, we never see you anymore!”

“It'll be just the four of us, just like old times.”

“Yeah, Girls Nite Out, no boys at all, just us!”

She had eventually given in to their continuous pleading, allowing them to drag her to a Karaoke club. She had found herself having fun, just relaxing and hanging out with friends she rarely saw. Then, one by one, they had abandoned her as cute guys caught their attention.

Kagome sighed, sitting alone in the booth. “So much for girls nite,” she said quietly. She had given up time with Inuyasha for this? The skin on the back of her neck tingled, and she warily began looking around. But all she saw were couples having fun, laughing at a singer on stage. Then, her eyes landed on him. He sat directly across from her, staring at her. It made her uncomfortable.

She glanced around once more before deciding to leave. Her friends had abandoned her and she didn't feel like staying so that a creepy guy could stare at her. Grabbing her purse, she made her way to the door and began the walk home.

After a few minutes, the sounds from the club faded away and she frowned, realizing how quiet the area was. It was too quiet, Tokyo was never this quiet at night. Her frown deepened as she realized that she didn't know where she was and she groaned. “How did I let them drag me to a club in a part of town I don't know?!” How was she going to get back to the shrine now? There wasn't even anyone around to ask for directions.

Footsteps sounded behind her and she turned, smiling. 'Someone I can ask for directions,' she thought until her eyes landed on the man behind her. It was the man from the club, a disturbing smile on his face. Kagome found herself unconsciously stepping back and his grin widened.

“Hello. Lost, are you?”

“N-no!” she stuttered out. “I was just on my way home. Excuse me.” She turned to leave but he stepped forward to block her and she found herself taking another step back.

“So soon? But we've only just met.” He kept walking toward her, matching her step for step.

“I really have to be going.” Kagome shuddered as his eyes raked over her body.

“You're not going anywhere.”

Her back hit the wall and he loomed over her. Instinctively, she kicked out, nailing him between the legs. “You Bitch!” he gasped out as he fell, and she ran.

And that was how she found herself now, hiding in this dark alley as he came closer and closer. Her heart sped up with every curse and threat as he described exactly what he planned to do to her.

“I'll tear you apart! By the time I'm done with you, you'll be begging for death!”

There was a thump, then his voice faded away to nothing. Kagome resisted the urge to peer around the dumpster, fearful of a trick.

“It's alright wench, you can come out.”

Her eyes widened. “Inuyasha!” She leaped up, throwing herself into his arms. “Thank God you showed up.”

“Keh. Let's get you home. You should know better than to be out so late by yourself.” His eyes carefully swept the alley as he ushered her from it, the creepy guy left knocked out on the ground. 'Damn wench doesn't even know the danger she was really in,' he thought as he hurried her along. Behind them, a long, spindly black limb detached from the shadows a few feet from Kagome's former hiding spot to grab the unconscious man and pull him into the shadows.