InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: July - Thriller/Horror ❯ Dog Vs. Cat ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on July 4, 2012 for Movie Madness July: Thriller/Horror.

Title: Dog Vs. Cat
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : Ever After  – July - #15
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Admin's Genre- Thriller/Horror
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 614
Summary: The battle against the wizard. Follows the previous entry in the collection, Dead End.
Warnings: Language, Violence, Slight Gore?

-----------------------


Inuyasha snarled, Tessaiga flashing through the air to slice several zombies in half, scowling as they collapsed into a mass of body parts. “Bastard!” he snarled at Osamu who stood nearby laughing.

Behind him, Sango and Miroku were also striking out with their weapons but for every zombie they dismantled, two more quickly took their place. As Miroku swung his staff he offered prayers asking for forgiveness and that the souls would find rest.

Osamu laughed again. “Fight all you like but you will tire while my army will not. Between my army of undead and the army of cats I will control once the spell is complete, I will be unstoppable. For ever after I will rule this land!” A loud roar escaped his now leonine features and he locked his gaze on Kagome, huddling behind Inuyasha. “All I need is for you to die!” He ran at them.

Inuyasha knocked the nearby zombies away and turned to intercept him. “You're not touching her!” he snarled.

Osamu paused, staring at him. “Filthy hanyou,” he sneered, his eyes landing on Inuyasha's ears perked upright atop his head, and a wicked grin formed on his face as there was another pulse of magic. “I am mightiest cat! I am the King of all Cats! All felines must bow before me! Now move!”

Inuyasha paused as he stared at the insane being before him, Tessaiga lowering a fraction.

Osamu grinned darkly. “That's it, hanyou. Lower your weapon and move out of my way. That girl will die, now!”

Inuyasha smirked suddenly. “Yeah? There's just one problem with that,” he told him as his hands tightened on the hilt of his sword. “I'm a dog!” He swung, the large sword decapitating a surprised Osamu, then swung again, slicing the body in half. He glared down at the pieces. “No one touches Kagome!”

“Inuyasha!” Kagome cried, throwing herself into his arms.

He took a deep breath, his eyes finally returning to normal as he inhaled her soothing scent. “Kagome.”

There was a pulse of magic, then all of the zombies crumpled to the ground, their bodies breaking apart and dissolving into dust. “Is-is it over?” Kagome asked.

A grinding noise filled the air, then the tower began to shake. Inuyasha's eyes widened. “Shit, the whole place is collapsing!” He snatched Kagome up and took a running leap off the tower as Miroku and Sango leaped onto a transforming Kirara and flew off. He grunted as he hit a tall tree hard, using his body to shield Kagome from the impact before launching off to another tree and leaping further away, putting as much distance as possible between them and the collapsing tower.

A few minutes later, the group stood in the forest watching as the last of the tower crumbled to dust. “I guess with his death, his power was broken,” Kagome said quietly before shuddering. “All of those people he killed and for what?” She shook her head sadly.

Miroku stood nearby, his staff held high as he chanted. “There,” he said as he finished his prayers. “Hopefully now the spirits of the dead can return to their eternal rest now that the one who murdered and defiled their bodies has been dealt with.” He offered a blessing to the land, that it be one of peace for ever after.

Inuyasha snorted before pulling Kagome close to him. “Come on, I want to get away from this forest before nightfall.” They left, never seeing the small cat lounging in a tree, watching them go with gleaming red eyes.