InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: July - Thriller/Horror ❯ Dead End ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on July 4, 2012 for Movie Madness July: Thriller/Horror.

Title: Dead End
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : A Walk in the Clouds  – July - #14
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Admin's Genre- Thriller/Horror
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 496
Summary: Kagome's attempt to escape is thwarted. Follows the previous entry in the collection, The Wizard's Plan.
Warnings: Language, Zombies



Kagome panted for air, her heart beating wildly in her chest as she raced down one dark corridor after another. Footsteps echoed behind, calm and measured, adding to her panic. She had to find a way out of here!

Her eyes widened. 'There!' She added a burst of speed, throwing herself at the door ahead of her, and the brief glimpse of sunlight filtering through it. She raced through only to skid to a stop, frozen by the view around her. “No,” she moaned.

She was atop a tower, high above a large fortress. So high that clouds obscured most of the view and the gaps only provided a glimpse of surrounding forest far below.

“Hahaha,” Osamu chuckled behind her, causing her to whirl around to face him. “I said it was no use. There is no where for you to run. Unless,” a dark gleam lit up his beady black eyes. “You care to take a walk in the clouds? Hahaha.”

Kagome backed up as he approached her, her back hitting the parapet behind her. “Stay away from me! I-I'll jump,” she threatened.

He laughed again. “I've already gotten what I need from you.” There was a pulse of magic in the air and his face rippled. “It's starting!” he shouted with glee as his face twisted, his jaw and nose extending, becoming leonine. He stared hungrily at her. “Come here,” he ordered. She pressed herself more firmly against the stone behind her. “Or jump, I don't care. All I need is your death to seal the magic, it matters not how it occurs.” He lifted his hand as fur sprouted on his body and claws extended from his fingers. “Now, die!” he roared.

A growl rent the air, then a red and white blur bounded over Kagome's head, standing protectively in front of her. “I don't think so!” Inuyasha snarled, his golden eyes rimmed by red as he leveled Tessaiga at Osamu. “You have to get through me first!”

Kagome sighed in relief. “Inuyasha,” she whispered, her body sagging in relief at his appearance.

“Kagome-chan!”

“Kagome-sama !”

She turned and saw the others approaching on Kirara.

“Fools!” Osamu roared, laughing. “I am the king of all cats!” He gestured.

As Kirara reached the top of the tower, she began to shudder. Miroku and Sango were violently thrown from her back as she roared before shrinking down to her kitten form.

Osamu frowned. “No matter! I have other magic with which to deal with you.” He spread his arms out wide and from all around them bodies appeared, obviously dead, the corpses rotting but moving.

Miroku's eyes widened. “The ones from the forest and more! He's animating their bodies with dark magic!”

Kagome shuddered, taking a step closer to Inuyasha's back. They were surrounded by zombies spelled to follow their enemy's command and she had no weapon!