InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: June - Comedy ❯ The Genie and the Wish ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on June 20, 2012 for Movie Madness June: Comedy/Romantic Comedy.

Title: The Genie and the Wish
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : The Entity – June - #15
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Admin's Genre- Comedy/Romantic Comedy
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 700
Summary: Inuyasha is waiting by the well when someone appears to grant his wish.
Warnings: Minor Language

--------------------


Inuyasha sat by the well, waiting for Kagome to return. Again.

Thud!

“Ow!” He glared at the object that had hit him. “What's this?” It was old and dirty. He looked around, seeing no sign of anyone who could have thrown it or where it could have come from.

Shrugging, he turned his attention back to the object, frowning at the layers of dirt caked upon it. It was too dirty to even tell what it was. He began to rub it, knocking the dirt loose. There was a loud Poof! A cloud of smoke emerged from what he could now see was a bottle. He coughed.

“Damn it Shippou, if this is another one of your pranks I'll-” He never finished his threat as another voice broke in.

“I'm afraid I don't know any Shippou, but I thank you for freeing me from my prison. In my gratitude, I offer you a wish. Anything within my power to grant shall be yours.”

Inuyasha stared doubtfully at the entity before him. “Feh, I doubt there's anything you got that I want.” He dismissed the 'man'.

The tall, rotund, blue man frowned, his beady eyes narrowing. “Surely there must be something you want.” He waved his hand and the air sparkled. “I have great magics at my disposal.”

Inuyasha snorted. “Great magics and you couldn't even get yourself out of this thing,” he held up the bottle.

The entity's eyes flashed. “Didn't you wish to be a full-youkai? I can grant your wish.”

Inuyasha's eyes narrowed. “How'd ya know that?”

“Magic.”

“Keh! And no, I don't want that anymore.”

“Human then?”

“Hell No!”

“Then what is your wish?”

“For you to go away and leave me alone!”

“But I must repay you, it's in the rules.”“Rules?”

He produced a book. “Paragraph 3, subsection b: And he who releases the genie shall be granted 1 wish.”

“Genie? I've heard of those.” Inuyasha's eyes narrowed again. “Isn't it 3 wishes.”

“Bah! Whoever heard of a genie granting 3 wishes, sounds like something Disney would think up. No, the rules clearly state 1 wish.”

“Hmm. Can you make Kagome come back faster?”

“Come back from where?”

“I guess not. Well I want ramen then.”

The genie frowned. “What is ramen?”

“Keh! You don't even know what ramen is? Forget it, I can do without your wish.” Inuyasha turned his back.

The genie's eyes flashed again. He started to reach for Inuyasha. “Listen to me you- gurk!” Whatever he was about to say was cut off as a large, bulging yellow bag flew out of the well and crushed him.

“Inuyasha? Can you help me up?”

The hanyou reached down and easily hauled her up.

“Thanks. Did anything happen while I was gone?”

“This weirdo showed up, trying to get me to make some wish. He didn't even know what ramen was, no way was I gonna trust him to grant a wish.” He reached down, grabbing her bag as the two continued walked toward the village.

“Well, I'm glad you didn't trust him. Who knows what kind of trick he could have pulled. Oh, I brought ramen.”

Their voices started to fade and the 'genie' sat up with a groan. “Curses, foiled again.” His features melted, changing into the familiar form of Naraku.

“Inuyasha, what's that?” Naraku heard Kagome ask.

“Huh? Oh, forgot I even had this thing.”

There was a whistling sound as something was thrown, then Naraku hit the ground as something collided with his head for the second time. He glared at the bottle. “Damn you Inuyasha!”

The hanyou in question paused. “Did you hear something?”

Kagome shook her head. “Nope. Now I believe you were going to tell me what you were going to give me in exchange for the ramen.”

Inuyasha grinned down at her. “Oh, I'm sure I'll think of something,” he said as he leaned closer. They kissed, ignoring the inarticulate scream of rage from the well.