InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: June - Comedy ❯ 'Tis the Season ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on June 20, 2012 for Movie Madness June: Comedy/Romantic Comedy.

Title: 'Tis the Season
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # :Nightmare Before Christmas – June - #14
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Genre: Admin's Genre- Comedy/Romantic Comedy
Universe: A/U
Word Count: 371
Summary: That dreaded time of year again.
Warnings: None

----------------------


Inuyasha groaned as he stared at the crowded mall. How had he let Kagome talk him into this? He glanced at her, she was busy checking the list in her hand against the nearby directory. Maybe he would be able to sneak out while she wasn't looking. He began edging toward the door.

“Where are you going Papa?” Izayoi's voice piped up as she stared at him, still holding on to Kagome's hand.

Kagome turned to look. “Inuyasha?'

'Busted,' he nearly groaned. “Huh? I wasn't going anywhere, just trying to get out of the crush,” he lied.

Kagome gave him a doubtful look. “Uh-huh.” She shook her head. “Well, come on. We've got a lot to do.”

A few hours, many stores and purchases, and a few screaming matches with other customers later, Inuyasha continued to follow his wife and daughter, bogged down in bags and packages as he grumbled under his breath. “Watch it!” he snapped as he was jostled yet again.

Kagome offered him a smile. “Oh, don't be such a grump Inuyasha. It's nearly Christmas.”

“Yeah, Papa. Santa won't bring you anything if you aren't good,” Izayoi added.

“Keh!” It was that time of year again, what he privately referred to as the Nightmare before Christmas. The dreaded Christmas shopping trip.

He breathed a sigh of relief when they finally finished with Kagome's list. “Good, we can go put these in the car and head home.”

Kagome frowned at him. “What are you talking about? We still have a lot of other stores to hit,” she told him as she pulled an even longer list out of her purse.

He groaned. Would this nightmare never end? “That's it! Next year we order everything online,” he decided.

Kagome and Izayoi stared at him. “Where's the fun in that?” they asked.

Inuyasha groaned again. 'Foiled again.' He hated being outnumbered. He really had to see about giving Izayoi a little brother. Maybe things would even out then. Seeing the looks sent his way, he sighed. Who was he kidding, they had him wrapped around their little fingers. He obediently followed along as they entered yet another store.