InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: June - Comedy ❯ He's No Romeo ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on June 20, 2012 for Movie Madness June: Comedy/Romantic Comedy.

Title: He's No Romeo
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # :Something Wicked This Way Comes – June - #13
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Genre: Admin's Genre- Comedy/Romantic Comedy
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 518
Summary: Kagome is trying to study when Inuyasha drops in unexpectedly.
Warnings: None

----------------------

Kagome sighed as she stared down at the book in her hands. Her English language instructor was a big fan of Shakespeare, and so had them studying his various works. Currently they were studying Macbeth, which Kagome could do without. She had enough tragedy and death in her life as it was. She had much preferred Romeo and Juliet. While also a tragedy, at least it had been a romance, something her life was sorely lacking.

“Star-crossed lovers,” she mused as she looked out her window. Didn't get much more star-crossed than her and Inuyasha. From different time periods, he a hanyou and she a miko. She sighed, picturing him as her Romeo.

Kagome shook her head to clear it. “He's no Romeo,” she told herself. “This isn't helping.” She picked her book back up and read the next line.

“By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.”

“Huh?”

Kagome spun around at the unexpected voice to see Inuyasha crouched in the window. His appearance had her mind flashing back to her earlier thought and her heart began to speed up as she lost herself in a fantasy.

“It is the East and Kagome is the sun!”

Kagome sighed. “Oh, Inuyasha!”

He leaned closer, hand resting on her cheek. “My love, I have missed you.” Their lips were nearly touching-

“Oi! What's the matter with you?!”

Kagome blinked, her vision shattering before her eyes as Inuyasha stared at her in concern. She groaned. “You sure know how to kill a good fantasy,” she grumbled.

Inuyasha blinked at her in confusion. “What?”

“Never mind.” She waved him off.

He shrugged, picking up her book. “What the hell is this?! That's not Japanese.” He turned the book this way and that. “How are you supposed to learn anything from this?”

Kagome rolled her eyes at his antics, snatching the book back from him. “Of course it's not Japanese. It's English.”

“Engrish?” He scratched his head. “Feh! What do you need to know that for anyway? You live in Japan. Besides, it's not gonna help you find the shards.”

Her eye twitched at the mention of shards. “I need to learn it,” she nearly growled at him. “Most of the world speaks it.”

“Oh.” He looked around the room. “So, when are you going to be ready to leave?”

A wordless shriek escaped her and she threw the book at him. “Out, get out!”

Inuyasha headed for the window. “I'm going, I'm going.” He climbed through it and she breathed a sigh of relief. His head popped back in a moment later, a smug grin on his face. “You know, you have this glow around you when you're mad, kinda like the sun.” His grin turned cheeky and he disappeared from view.

Kagome blushed a deep red. “Oh God, did I say that out loud?” she groaned, before laughing. She was right, he was no Romeo. But she wouldn't trade him for anything.