InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ The Encounter ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any type of its media.
Nota Bene: Any similar stories relating mine is entirely coincidental for I discourage plagiarism.
 
 
Change of Heart
Chapter 1
The Encounter
 
“Fujin no Mai” Kagura waved her fan. Blades slashed the earth beneath Inuyasha's feet. The sky turned gray in the heat of the battle, Inuyasha leaps, drew Tessaiga and attacked-“Kaze no Kizu!!” his eyes suddenly widened, “Nani?!” at the confusion Kagura waved her fan and again conjured the blades of wind heading towards Inuyasha. He blocks, lines of blood flew in the air as the sky thundered. “Hijintesou!” he shouted desperately; waving his claws soaked in his own blood; red blades attacked Kagura
 
“Hahahaha!! Inuyasha, have you forgotten that I control the wind your sword runs on?” Kagura boasted as Inuyasha landed. “Khoso…!” he muttered while cracking his claws. “Hiraikostu!” A large boomerang arched to Kagura, the youkai just smugged and dodged effortlessly, while in midair she was being sucked to a void on the palm of Miroku's hand. “Kazaana!” The youkai just smiled, saimyousho appeared amidst the mob of youkai above her and entered Miroku's palm, paralyzing him. “Miroku!!” Sango shouted as she and Kirara swooped down barely rescuing the monk from the mob of youkai.
 
“Aaaahhh! If Kagome was only here, Inuyasha wouldn't be so useless!” Shippou cried. **SMACK** “Who's useless?” Inuyasha denied. A lump grew on Shippo's scalp; he held it with his paws while groaning from pain. “If you weren't, then why are you just standing there?!” Shippo debated. Inuyasha takes stance on hitting him again. **SMACK** “Kagomeee…” Shippo whined while unconscious. “He's right though” Sango interrupted as she rested Miroku on a rock. “Without Kagome-chan's purification arrows, you can't use Kaze no Kizu.”
“Maybe, Naraku knew of Kagome's absence and attacked.” Miroku groaned; rendering Inuyasha speechless, “Keh! She said she'll be back within three days! Where is she now?” He thought.
 
**ACHOO!!** Kagome sniffed while eating breakfast. “Cold?” a bearded old man mused reaching for a slice of pickles with his chop sticks. “Not that I know of…” Kagome replied twitching her nose. “Somebody might be talking about you…” her mother smiled sweetly, serving seconds for Souta. “Souta, that's your third bowl!” Kagome said turning her head to the hungry boy. “Today's our Sport Festival…” Souta grumbled while shaving rice to his mouth and picks pickles in rapid succession. “So…?” Kagome continued sipping tea. “I HAVE TO WIN!!” Souta shouted putting down his chop sticks and bowl banging it with a snapping noise. Kagome was surprised and saw her little brother's desperate eyes while the rest of the family continued to eat quietly despite the sudden ruckus. In a second, Souta returned to munching, “for Hitomi…” he whispered to himself. Kagome looked at him with her left eye and smiled as she sipped tea.
 
On the other side of the battlefield, Kagura said with scheming eyes, “Inuyasha, are you reduced to the hanyo that you are without your miko?” she stared at him; she knew that he would charge angrily because of her impudence leaving him open to any attack. He did just that, “Yakabashi!!” Inuyasha unsheathed Tessaiga and dashed on Kagura. “Inuyasha!!” Sango shouted to stop him but it was of no use.
 
“Hmmp” Kagura snickered, “Ryujin no Mai” the wind entwined as she waved her fan, three tornadoes trapped Inuyasha. Drilling, slicing him; small but stinging wounds marked his body that forced him to scream in pain. “Inuyasha!” Sango thrusted her boomerang on Kagura's direction, but the mob of youkai protected her from the blow. “This is the end…” Kagura said as she opened her fan, “Shi-ne!”
 
~Suddenly…
 
**TSSIIIINNNNNNGGGG** an arrow, surrounded with pinkish light landed between Inuyasha and Kagura, that stopped the tornadoes. Kagura looked on the direction where it was fired. Her red eyes widened with surprise on the sight of another arrow headed towards her, but the one who shot it was the biggest surprise of all. The mob of youkai defended Kagura from the arrow, she snapped out of her surprise but it was too late to notice that Inuyasha was charging up against her, his blade was surrounded with wind. “Shimata!” Kagura mumbled. “Kaze no Kizu!!” Inuyasha released the devastating blow that wiped the mob of youkai and Kagura with its power. Inuyahsa breathed heavily with a hint of success. The smoke cleared, bits of youkai flesh and Kagura's smittened body remained. “Ptssh, I didn't expect her to be here.” Kagura said to herself. She tossed the feather from her hair, retreated with the mob of the remaining youkai and vanished with a black cloud.
 
The sky was now pitch black as Inuyasha withdrew his sword into his scabbard when something caught his eyes.
 
“Pheeww, good thing Kagome came back.” Shippo exhaled.
“Shippo!” Miroku called his attention and nodded.
The sky thundered…
Shippo turned back to see Inuyasha standing firmly, staring on the cliff where the arrow was fired. Shippo stepped closer to Inuyasha.
 
He heard him whisper, “Kikyou…”
 
To be continued…..