InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ The Request ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Change of Heart
Chapter 2
The Request
 
“Kikyou…” Inuyasha whispered. The skies blackened with flashes of lightning and it started to rain softly as the miko turned back to the forest.
 
“Matte!” Inuyasha shouted, he dashed to her direction and leaped up the cliff, as if he wasn't injured at all in the battle, he entered the forest desperately for his lost love.
 
“Inuyasha…” Sango whispered worriedly. Shippo just looked down and pouted; disappointed because of both the identity of the miko and Inuyasha's actions. Miroku slowly stood up with his staff, looked up on the thundering sky and said to himself in a hushed voice “Now, I hope Kagome-san doesn't come back yet.”
 
Centuries into the future, it was also pouring outside. Kagome just stared blankly out the window, **sigh** “What's the use of going back to my time if mind is in the Feudal area?” she thought to herself. She doodled on her notebook the picture of Kirara…when she heard two words called her attention. “Time travel” When she looked forward, she saw the blackboard filled with calculations. On the corner of the board, it was written. “Law of Time Travel” she was struked with awe. “There's a Law? Have I broken any? Amigoingtobeerasedfromtime?” She was hysteric. The bell rang, she just sat there, thinking about the things she's done back on the Feudal era. She was all thought and no word.
 
Break time started and she still sat there in the same postion, same expression, same problem.
 
“Eeeehhh, that lesson was totally out of my caliber” Ayumi complained while massaging her neck.
“Can you keep-up, Kagome-chan? Eri asked.
There was a pause. Kagome was still in her own dimension of “problems.”
“Kagome-chan?” Yuri called her worriedly.
Only then did Kagome snapped out of herself.
“EH?!” she replied, she didn't here any part of the conversation, she just heard someone calling her name.
“Hahaha! It seems Kagome's more confused than us.” Ayumi boasted.
“We can't blame her she has been absent for awhile” Eri explained.
“AND, she has her love-life to attend to.” Yuri teased.
Kagome had a bad feeling about this; she stood up to run but it was too late!
“Soo..”
“What happened…”
“to your Boyfriend?”
The three teased as their ears grew towards Kagome. She was cornered, about to give in, when somebody called out her name from across the room.
“Higurashi!”
Kagome's eyes widened, she never thought she would be actually happy to see him. There he was with his innocent smile and weird gift, Houjo-kun.
She ran to him and said to herself. “Houjo-kun, arigato…”
 
“Good to see you well again, Kagome” Houjo smiled.
“Your last illness was dreadful! You actually grew scales!” Houjo said.
“Jii-chan, that wasn't even an illness that was already a mutation!” Kagome thought, clenching her fist. Then it hit her.
“Ne, Houjo-kun. Did you have any lesson about the law of time travel? Kagome inquired.
“Yup, it is said that the same matter from different timelines cannot exist in the same space, lest one would be erased throughout history. Or something like that.” Houjo explained
“Nani!” Kagome gasp in her mind. She wondered, “Are reincarnations included? Are dead people even considered matter?” Her eyes were looking left to right rapidly then it stopped right in the middle and looked up.
“Houjo-kun, which one will be erased?” She snapped.
Houjo just smiled, “Higurashi, you just got out from the hospital you shouldn't push yourself.”
“Here, this would protect you.” Houjo handed her a gift wrapped in a blue cloth. He left; while waving goodbye he said, “Genki-des…”
 
Kagome set aside the gift and went home, with the “law” echoing through her mind.
“erased throughout history…”
“erased throughout history…”
“erased throughout history…”
 
“Kikyou!!” Inuyasha shouted while dashing through the trees, shinigamis appeared, guiding him to his destination. He stopped at the clearing; at the sight of Kikyou, he was speechless. They just looked at each other for a moment, Kikyou, dismissed the shinigamis and stepped closer to Inuyasha. “Inuyasha, I havn't wished anything from you because being with you is all I wished for...but now since I can't be with you grant me this one wish.” You can see the desperation in her eyes; she would have breathed deeply after that long dramatic phrase if she had a breath.
 
Inuyasha looked puzzled but speechless no doubt. He didn't know how to answer because he knew that he can't do things just like that. He can't even decide between two women!
 With all the facts going threw his head all he could do at the moment was to say something to ease her patience.
 
“Kikyou… I” Inuyasha stuttered. Kikyou moved her lips and said coldly.
 
“Never meet with Kagome again.”
 
To be continued…