InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ The Bitter Truth ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Change of Heart
Chapter 3
The Bitter Truth
 
“Never meet with Kagome again…”
Inuyasha was shocked. I think “cat got your tongue?” is an appropriate gesture.
There was a long silence. They continued to stare at each other, Inuyasha still thinking of an answer, Kikyou waiting for a reply. Inuyasha was thinking of all the answers possible, “Why? How come? Why so sudden?” but none of them were said.
 
“Kikyou…I” A gust of wind blew, white lights gathered around Kikyou, and the shinigamis lifted her up the sky. Only then when the miko was about to leave, he shouted.
“Why…!?”
Kikyou just closed her eyes and left Inuyasha's sight.
 
“Ikimas!” Kagome hollered across the hall.
“Iterashai!” Kagome's mother answered from the kitchen.
Kagome tightened her hold of the bag, wore her shoes and went outside.
With a smile on her face, she headed to the well. Then she had a glimpse of the Goshin-Boku and her smile faded. “Erased throughout history, huh?” She felt the Shikon shard shining, it reminded her of her duty as the current, “organic”, Shikon no Miko.
“YOSH!” she gripped the jar of the shard and dashed to the well while holding it. She slid the door, tapped down the stairs. She stopped, leaning against the frame of the well, looking down the shard stopped shining on her hand. She inhaled and jumped…the view, from grey bricks turned into a shimmering blue light. She landed gently and the bricks were back only with vines. She climbed up; Kagome thought “Hey, I'm getting better at this.” She reached for the top, putting her bag down first, rose up with her elbows and settled her feet down. She saw someone's feet wearing sandals, next to her. “Kaede-basan?” she whispered. She looked-up…
 
“Kikyou!” she gasped to herself.
“Why? How? When? Was she waiting for me? Did she meet with Inuyasha? Has she come to kill me? Again?” random questions befall her thoughts but her expression remained to be surprised not confused.
 
“We need to talk” Kikyou said bluntly and turned back to the woods.
“Eh?!” Kagome wondered; for some reason, she left her bag and followed her reincarnation. “How can she be this irresistible?” Kagome said to herself. “I bet Inuyasha has…-OH COM'ON! Why am I thinking of that?”
Kikyou stopped about a distance from the Goshin-Boku and turned to her.
“You can't stay in this era anymore.” Kikyou said directly.
Kagome's eyes widened for a brief moment and said with a croaking voice.
“Why not?--I”
“I'm not the one who can answer that question…”Kikyou interrupted.
Kikyou summoned her shinigamis and white lights surrounded her, when the lights cleared two children remained.
 
“Greetings, Kagome-sama” Kocho bowed.
“I would again like to extend my gratitude on restoring Kikyou-dono” Asuka extending her folded arms and bowed.
“Don't mention, it” Kagome also bowed. “What am I doing? I look ridiculous!” Kagome said to herself.
She stood up quickly and laughed nervously.
“Now, let's get down to business.” Kocho said.
 
“As you may or may not know, Kagome-sama, you possess two souls.”
“Two?!” Kagome blurted.
“Your own soul and Kikyou-dono's.” Kocho added.
“That would explain why Kanna couldn't contain my soul, there were two!” Kagome thought.
“Kagome-sama, don't you even wonder why you have spiritual powers?” Kocho investigated.
“Why, you can go back and forth two eras?” Asuka added.
There was a pause. Kagome analyzed the questions, “I can go back and forth because of the Shikon no Tama but about my spiritual powers, I don't know.”
“You are partially, correct” Asuka said directly.
“You carry, Kikyou-dono's soul, you have a piece of Shikon no Tama…”Kocho explained.
“The Goshin-boku still exists in your time as well as the bone-eaters well.”Asuka added.
“You have 4 links to the past.” The two said harmoniously.
Kagome looked confused, “I can't believe this, I'm already a high school student and two girls are schooling me!”
“Remember the time, when you couldn't make it back here, because you didn't possess the Shikon no Tama, yet somehow you could?” Kikyou interrupted.
Then it struck Kagome, “it all fits.”
 
“Second, Kikyou-dono is already resurrected, yet you could still keep her soul.”
Asuka said bluntly snapping Kagome out of her awe.
“What is the thin connection, the thing that allows you to keep her soul? Even, now she's just standing in front of you.” Kocho added.
Kagome was uneasy, she didn't like where this was going.
“Remember, that day when I was resurrected? Who called out my name? That my souls went back to me?
 
Kagome's eyes widened, “Inuyasha…”
 
To be continued…