InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ The Plot ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Change of Heart
Chapter 4
The Plot
 
“Inuyasha…” Kagome whispered. “Masaka…” she denied.
“I…I just have to stick with him then…right?” Kagome said looking up.
Kikyou stood up straight and tuned back, “if HE sticks with you.”
As the miko and her two shinigamis walk onto the mist, Kagome spoke.
 
“Why are you telling me this?!”
 
Kikyou stopped without turning back, “To avoid history from repeating itself.”
Kagome was struck with confusion, worries, anger…she breathed heavily as they disappeared onto the fog.
 
While Kagome was still traumatized, a saimyou shou was hovering on a nearby tree holding a yellowish-shard. Within the youkai's red eyes was Kagome's reflection, and 250 miles from there was a white-haired girl holding a mirror, reflecting what the bug-youkai sees.
 
“Hmmp, even a lowly bug-youkai has some use.” An ebony haired man mused.
“Try to learn from it, Kagura” he continued.
“Hmmp, even though, that was to easy Naraku, the bug should have been detected by that miko.” Kagura smugged.
“Kanna, explain it to this heartless woman.” Naraku commanded.
“Youki shards.” Kanna said bluntly.
“I managed to keep some from before; the youkai's youki wasn't detected by the miko.” She explained.
“Do you get it now, Kagura? Or does she have to repeat it?” Naraku insulted.
“Keh! So, what are you going to do with Kagome's situation?” Kagura asked pointing her fan on the tip of her lips.
“What is there to do?” Naraku said standing up.
“You're just going to ignore that?!” Kagura demanded.
“Kagura, I do not rush things unlike you do.-I have something else in mind.” Naraku schemed.
 
“Isn't Inuyasha here yet?” Shippo mocked while playing with his top, looking up on the couple. “Unfortunately, no.” Sango sighed while assisting the monk sitting up. “I doubt he would be here before noon.” Miroku predicted sitting up the wall.
“Yeah, unfortunately Kagome-chan will be.” Sango added.
Hearing the predicament, the fox stopped playing and withdrew his toy with a puff of smoke.
“I'll go wait by the well.” Shippo said jumping from his position and hopped out of the cottage.
 
 
Kagome pulled herself together and tried to keep her tears. She went back to the well and got her bag and wandered off the forest. She walked with blank eyes, pondering that her sole existence lies on the love of a two-timer. She almost chuckled but she was too tired, too depressed to even speak or stand up straight.
 
“What am I thinking, even if I'm her reincarnation, I'm still me!” She stopped.
“Kikyou doesn't appear often…to me—and Inuyasha…” She paused on the last statement.
“History from repeating itself…” She recalled while staring at the shikon shards.
 
“It won't repeat because I'm not you.” She said to herself with effort; running to the clearing.
As she approached the light, she was glared by the sun. When she regained vision, she saw the least person she wanted to meet standing in front of her.
 
“Inuyasha…”She whispered.
 
“Yo, when did you get back?” Inuyasha asked looking down.
“Just now.” Kagome answered with wondering eyes.
“Oh I see… com'on let head back their waiting for us.” Inuyasha said.
Both are not themselves, both are cautious of the consequences of even talking.
There was a pause, Inuyasha waited for an answer, with Kikyou's proposal still lingering in his mind. Kagome, on the other hand was thinking for an answer, she didn't want Inuyasha to know her “situation” so she just said.
“Inuyasha…I'm the one who decided to stay with you, and I will stay, no matter what.” She clenched her fist.
“As long as you'll stay, I'll protect you.” Inuyasha answered, while gripping his hand.
 
Back to the castle, Naraku schemed his plot.
“What do you have in mind?” Kagura opened leaning on a pillar.
“All we have to do is attack.” Naraku said coldly.
“Attack? That's what I just did.” Kagura gasped; taking stance.
“Fool! Don't compare your strategies with mine.” Naraku glared.
She leaned again and opened her fan “How then?” She said curiously.
“I will attack them simultaneously.” He declared.
“And…?” Kagura interrupted.
“Lure them to each other.” Naraku added.
“What will that do?” Kagura said while closing her fan.
“Hmmp, your understanding is indeed of an infant.” Naraku insulted.
 
“It's an attack, Kagura; all of them are prone to danger. When the time calls for it, who will Inuyasha save first?” Naraku stated
 
To be continued…