InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Change of Heart
Chapter 5
The Beginning
 
“It's an attack, Kagura; all of them are prone to danger. When the time calls for it, who, will Inuyasha save first?” Naraku explained.
Kagura thought, “So, it's a battle for attention, honestly how can somebody die of something like that? Humans are such peculiar creatures.”
 
Back in the cottage, Kagome and Inuyasha sat motionless while eating dinner.
“Kagome-chan knew?” Sango whispered to Miroku beside her,
“Could be, while else will they be like that?” Miroku answered in a normal voice.
Sango stood, “Hmm, I wonder what's keeping Shippo, he may be still waiting for you Kagome-chan. Miroku come with me.” She grabbed the monk's arm and dashed out of the door, at this Kagome spoke.
“Sango…” The two stopped, Sango turned her head with a ridiculous smile, “Yeesss…?” Kagome looked straight at her with cold eyes and said, “I'll go look for Shippo.” She stood up and walked out into the forest.
“What was that all about?” Miroku teased.
“WHAT?! Did you see those eyes? She could even petrify youkai with those eyes!” Sango shouted. The exterminator turned back to the hanyo and said, “Inuyasha! What happened? SPILL! I don't care if it's your personal affairs! If you don't tell me, I'll make you!” She grabbed a pot of chilly curry. The monk thought “Simple, yet effective.” But Inuyasha just responded with a sigh. Sango's arm grew limp and set the pot down, with worried eyes she said “That serious, huh?” Inuyasha didn't answer.
 
As Kagome walked in search of Shippo, she remained as depressed as she was back in the cottage. She approached the well and saw a shadow.
“Shippo, com'on let's eat.” she said.
There was no answer the shadow kept still.
“Shippo-chan?” she approached the shade at the side of the well, it was dark, the moonlight covered by the clouds.
“Shippo, what are—?” She was cut short, her eyes widened as the moon's rays lighted her sight. Her temples stretched and mouth gasped.
She was shaking at the sight of the fox unconscious, “SHIPPO!!” she cried. Kagome grabbed the Shippo and hugged him. She looked up; with hatred she glared at a white-haired girl carrying a mirror.
 
“Kanna!” Kagome shouted, “What did you do to him?” the miko said with anger.
“What, I can only do is take one's soul.” Kanna replied with blank eyes.
“What do you want?” Kagome said while preparing to run.
“Your soul…” Kanna twisted her grip on the mirror and it started glowing, it rendered Kagome paralyzed as the white-haired youkai literally suck the life out of her.
When Kagome was unconscious, Kanna stopped and disappeared in the darkness.
 
Back in the cottage, all were silent until Sango said…
“What are those two doing out there?”
“Kagome-san could have gone home.” Miroku said while sipping his tea, with one eye looking at Inuyasha.
“**SIGH**, then what is Shippo doing?” Sango mumbled as she covered the curry filled pot with a lid. At that very moment, Inuyasha's eyes grew wide. “Kagome!” he dashed to the woods leaving the two behind.
“What was that all about?” Sango wondered.
“Masaka?!” Miroku gasped while staring at the pot.
“What is it?” the exterminator cautioned.
“The curry's scent could have blocked Inuyasha's sense of smelling.” the monk said standing up and holding his pole.
“Oh no, that could mean—.” Sango stuttered as she suit for battle.
“Kagome-san could be, in danger.” He said as they looked at the forest.
 
“There's no doubt about it, Naraku was here.” Inuyasha thought while dashing through the woods in search of Kagome.
“Kagome!!” he shouted.
He sniffed while running and caught the scent of the fox, he followed the scent, and sensed Kagome's and Naraku's as well.
When he reached the well, he saw Kagome and Shippo lying on the ground.
“Kagome!!” he said carrying her in his arms. He hugged her and thought, “Kumene, I…I failed to protect you again.”
 
Back in the ominous castle of Naraku…
“So, she's dead then?” Kagura opened.
“No, I can never contain all of her soul; this is just a part of it.” Kanna answered while holding a white light on her hand.
“I assume that's part of the plan?” Kagura mused while leaning on a column.
“I see your brain is working now, Kagura” Naraku interrupted while descending from the mob of youkai.
“I don't get it, what will that accomplish?” Kagura thought. “Souls can lure shinigamis, but…then what? I'm not stupid; my mind isn't just as rotten as Naraku's”
“There are five types of souls Kagura…” Kanna said. “If you know which to extract, then you could pose as a vital threat to that person.” She continued.
“What are the five?” Kagura glared.
“Soul of Power, Life, Memory, Likeness and Being.” Kanna stated.
“Eeeh, which one is that you're holding then?” Kagura replied as Kanna's mirror gleamed with pictures of Kagome and her world.
“What is that?” Kagura gasped stepping back.
“This is getting interesting.” Naraku smugged.
 
“Inuyasha! What happened?” Sango asked while running with her boomerang on her back. Miroku kneels down and checks Kagome's and Shippo's pulse. “Don't worry, they're fine.” He said standing up. Kagome budges and groaned. “Kagome!!” Inuyasha shouted assisting her. The miko opened her eyes and said.
“Who are you?”
 
To be continued…