InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ The Struggle ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Change of Heart
Chapter 6
The Struggle
 
“Who are you?” Kagome groaned with half-opened eye lids. She looks around, sees faces, but none of them are familiar.
On the other hand, Sango and Miroku are strucked speechless; whilst Shippo is still unconscious Inuyasha was in a worse case. He looked composed only with widened eyes, inside he was panicking, regretful, hating himself for causing such a thing! He blames himself not the curry.
 
“Kagome-chan…” Sango stuttered.
“You don't remember any of us?” she continued while holding Kagome's shoulder.
Kagome saw Sango's eyes; she knows that she was someone important to her, while else will she react like that? Gripping her hand she just looked down as a reply, to ashamed, to disappointed that she's causing pain to someone she knows that is important to her.
Seeing Kagome's reaction, she grew limp, limper than when she was holding that pot of curry. Miroku comforted her by supporting her shoulder and hand, looking at her with a determined face, as if saying “Let me talk to her.”
In a way she understood and just sat quietly.
 
“Kagome-san, do you feel any pain in your head?” Miroku asked.
“No.” Kagome replied,
“I feel fine physically…but” she stopped.
“But what?” Miroku asked desperately.
“I…feel empty as if something was taken from me…something…” She collapsed, her arm as support on the grass, her other hand on her forehead and she was breathing heavily.
“Kagome-san!” “Kagome-chan!” “Kagome!!” The three shouted in unison while supporting Kagome from collapsing, the noise awakened the fox; he sat up while rubbing his head. “Aaahh, my head hurts.” Shippo groaned.
“Eh? What's happening?!” Shippo shouted, seeing Kagome's condition.
Kagome continued to get worse, she was shaking.
 
Meanwhile back in Naraku's castle…
“Ohhh, so she lives in another world.” Kagura mused.
“Another time, fool.” Naraku corrected.
“Keh!” Kagura smugged.
Suddenly the pictures of Kagome's memories became vague and the mirror started shaking.
“What's happening?” Kagura said stepping back.
“She's calling her soul.” Kanna said while trying to hold the soul inside.
Naraku thought, “Hard-headed miko! How can a human be so difficult?”
“Kanna” Naraku called, “Use this…” Naraku handed her a blackened shard and put it in her forehead, in that instant, Kanna's white kimono, white hair turned as black as the shard. Everything turned black except the dimension inside the mirror that retained its normal condition.
“This should be fine; the shard is enough to hold the soul but not enough to corrupt it.” Kanna said.
Kgaome's memories again flashed at the mirror as if nothing happened.
“Hmm…, that was generous of Naraku, letting her use a shard, he must be planning something.” Kagura thought.
 
“Kagome!! What's happening?” Shippo shouted while panicking.
“AAAHHH!!” Kagome screamed looking up, the hold of the three on her was deflected with a dark spark, they stood back and saw the miko surrounded with a dark cloud, and then from the inside she suddenly radiated a pink one. She was struggling, inside and out. They can't approach her because the shouki was to strong.
“Kagome!!” Inuyasha shouted as he fought his way near her, he grabbed her and held her in his arms.
Enduring the pain he said, “I'll protect you even for the cause of my life.”
At this the pink light prevailed and cleared the black aura. She calmed and fainted on Inuyasha's shoulders.
Inuyasha hugged her even tightly and said to her, “Kumene…”
When the worse was over, one question was in all of there minds.
 
“What was that?”
 
At a far off place in a forest, a long, silver-haired man in armor was walking with a two-headed dragon, an imp and a human girl. There journey was stopped when the man felt his sword vibrating. He sniffed, “Come out!” he said.
From the trees, an ebon haired miko in white and red attire appeared.
“What do you want with this Sesshoumaru?” he said.
“Your sword…” Kikyou said.
Sesshoumaru twitched his brow and sniffed again, “Your dead and you reek of that hanyo's stench, what nerve.” He glared.
“Rin, headback.” Sesshoumaru commanded seeing the shinigamis circling.
“Yes, sir.” She said obediently leaving Jaken.
“Jaken…you too.” He continued.
“Yes, sir!” Jaken ran to catch up with Rin and Ah-Un, out of sight.
“What do you want with Tensaiga? It cannot resurrect you, you don't even have a proper body or soul and I'm the only one who can use it which you know very much that I won't” Sesshoumaru closed the discussion.
“It is the only thing that can destroy one of Naraku's weaknesses.” Kikyou said calmly with narrowed eyes keeping the dai-youkai from his victory.
There was pause, Sesshoumaru doubted the dead miko, “weakness” is just a strong word.
He remained silent as always, pondering about the situation. Kikyou interrupted his pondering and said…
 
“Your sword is the only thing that can fully destroy, Shikon no Tama.”
 
To be continued…