InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Childhood Memories ❯ Chapter One: Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~

Disclaimer: No! Sorry! Don't own InuYasha. Life is just no fair…

Hey! I've decided to revise this story. It's my first fanfic that I created and the first one I have ever revised. I know I left it at a cliffhanger long ago! Sorry! But I will ashore you that this will be better…I hope and it will be longer! Yeah! My writing skills have gotten a lot better. I just hope that you would like it. And I will put more Sango and Miroku action in it!

~Jezika

~*~

Childhood Memories

Chapter 1: A Precious Memory

It was a gloomy day. The clouds were dark and sad and gray as a rat's coat. It had the right to be gloomy. Because this was maybe the last day they would ever see each other again…

A raven-haired child looked at her bracelet she had received from her best friend since they were babies. She was only six years old, but she cared about her friend dearly. He had always been there for her. In preschool, if the other kids teased her, he would defend her from their mean taunts. When her ice cream dropped from her cone, he would give his ice cream to her. And when she needed someone to play with, he was always available.

There was a numerous other things that she could name of how he made her happy, but she could named them all, but she would always remember them. She sat back and leaned on the tree. She sighed as the wind lightly hit her face.

"Kagome! It's time to go to InuYasha's to say goodbye, honey!" Her mother yelled. Kagome stood up and wiped her tears. Then she ran inside to her mother.

"I'm coming momma!"

She sat in the back seat of the sapphire vehicle. The girl stared through the window. All she could think about was her friend. And that was all.

"Kagome…it's going to be all right. I'm sure you'll see each other in the future!" Her grandpa said to cheer her up. Kagome smiled lightly at her at her grandpa's attempt. It didn't worked though. She just sighed again and continued her staring at the window.

When they got there, Mrs. Fukomori ran up and hugged Kagome, her mother, her father, and grandpa. "I'm going to miss you all!"

Kagome just stared at the ground and twiddled with her bracelet. Then a boy with dark hair and violet eyes came in front of the cheerless girl. "Hi Kagome…" He replied and trailed off.

At the sound of that voice, Kagome lifted her head up. Her eyes widened, with tears as she ran up to hug the boy. "I don't want you to leave. You're my best friend! I might not see you forever!"

The violet-eyed boy returned the hug and patted her back. "Don't worry Kag!"

The two went into the backyard to play before he had to leave. Their parent talked in the living room and their other son, Sesshomaru was playing his game boy while waiting for them to leave.

An hour past and it was soon time for the Fukomori family to go. They pack a little more of their things in the van. Sesshomaru went in the van and continued to play his game boy while the mothers were crying their hearts out because if the moving.

Kagome and her best friend stood next to each other. Kagome was in tears again. The boy was really sad as Kagome, but he didn't show it that much. Only that he didn't want to leave.

"So you'll have to leave now huh?" Kagome said and sniffed.

He nodded. "Yeah, but I don't want to. I like it here, but I have to. This isn't fair!"

"I know!"

Then a male's voice called out. "Son! It's time to go. Say bye to Kagome and make it good!"

He nodded at his father. "Bye Kagome…I hope we see each other in the future…I hope so…"

Kagome hugged him again and then replied, "I hope so too…" Then she placed a kiss on his cheek. He gasped and blushed tints of red as Kagome giggled at his reaction.

The mothers were awing at the event, the fathers smiled, the eleven-year-old Sesshomaru gagged, and Kagome's grandpa smiled as well. "Here!" Kagome took off her rosary bead necklace and placed it around his neck. "Keep this, so you'll always remember me!"

He nodded. "I will."

She smiled as more tears rolled down her cheek. He then turned around and went into the vehicle as his mother did. They drove out of the drive way and drove on the road.

Kagome's mother, father, and grandpa waved goodbye as they drove off. Kagome saw his face looking at her from the car. Kagome ran off to him.

"Kagome!" Her mother and father yelled, but she ignore it.

She kept running and then fell. She looked up as tears continued to come. She got up and then watched as it went farther to her sight.

Then she yelled with all her heart. "In-

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled as she went in upright position on her bed. She dropped her hands on the blanket and grasped it. She looked down solemnly. "It was only a dream…just a dream…just a mere memory that I would always remember…"

Kagome lifted her hand and looked at the white and amber bracelet on her wrist. "It has been so long…please comeback to me…Inuyasha…"

~*~

Ah…Childhood love…Will she ever see Inuyasha again (though some people already know that fact, but this is to new readers) Or will it always be a memory…Well you'll have to wait. So how you like the revised version of my other old first chapter of InuYasha? Well review! Please! Review! That's mostly my main wish!

~ Jezika