InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chosen Pathes ❯ Fireworks and Demons ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own InuYasha and company, but I do own this story and everything with in my arm span. I know that I referred to InuYasha as a girl at the bottom of the first chapter and it should now be fixed. Please tell me if you find anything else wrong like that, it is kind of embarrassing. All the other Japanese names are real ones Nari and Chyio that I got off of http://business.baylor.edu/Phil_VanAuken/JapaneseNames.html I can't spell period, and I have really bad grammar. So you are going to have to work with me people. Thanks for understanding that not everyone in this world is perfect, well maybe except for my snotty little sister who thinks she is. Anyways, Enjoy. ^_^;;

~Amanda a.k.a. Kazk

*******************************************

Kagome blushed at the comments of her friends. "This is InuYasha."

"So, is this the boy that kept you from going out with Hojo?"

"Ya, what's going on between you two?" added Chyio while pocking Kagome in the side. "You two got something going on that your are hiding from your two best friends?"

Not wanting to it out the secret of them, Kagome glared at her watch and sighed with relief. "It's about time to watch the opening fireworks." She says showing her watch to them for proof. Nari and Chyio gave up on asking her for the moment and they trekked off through the crowds to a spot in the open fields.

They found a spot near a grove of cherry blossom trees that wasn't very crowded. As Kagome settled down in the grass with her three friends, she noticed someone was missing. Her friends also noted this and were the first to react. "Hey where did the hotty go Kagome?" questioned Nari

"Man, I chased another one away."

Kagome looks around and noticed a few extra branches where on the ground around a tree. She stands up and turns towards them. "I'll be right back." She says with her back to her friends and walks to the trees. Sure enough up in some of the middle braches InuYasha was settling on a think branch. Kagome reaches up and starts to climb up a little before InuYasha even notices she is coming. Her friends just watched amused as she disappears into the tree.

"Kagome and InuYasha sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G." whispers Chyio into Nari's ear causing her to burst out in laughter catching the attention of a few people around her.

Just as Kagome reaches for the branch InuYasha is on, a hand reaches up to pull he the rest of the way. Even without his demon power, InuYasha was pretty strong. She reached to branch and sat side ways, letting her feet dangle towards the ground. She looks at him leaning against the tree in his normal fashion. "Why did you come up here? It's not like you could jump up here."

"Feh, your friends are annoying. They are like Shippo when you give him the chocolate stuff."

"It's not like you have to talk to them, I just wanted to bring you and show you how we celebrate for once." Kagome straddles the branch and scoots back until she was comfortably leaning against InuYasha, who instantly wrapped his arms around his mate.

She leans her head back to look at him. "There is another reason I came up here."

"What's that." He answers before and after lying kissing her face a few times.

"Have you ever seen, or more importantly heard fireworks?"

"No, what's the big deal."

"They are extremely loud and are like bombs blowing up in to sky. I am pretty sure you will jump at the first sound of one."

"So." He kisses and nips her neck a few times. "You are here so I don't have to go looking for you so I can protect you."

"I wanted to watch the fireworks with my friends, but from the way your acting, I don't think you are going to let me go."

InuYasha squeezes her tightly and then kisses her deeply. He pulls away from the kiss just long enough to say, "No." A few minuets later, a bright flash fills the sky with blue and a loud crash is not that far behind. InuYasha jumps but soon enough gets use to the sound. Right about halfway through the show, Kagome starts to tense up. "What's wrong Kagome?"

"Jewel shards."

InuYasha jumps a little and looks down at her "What? How many, where?"

"Not in this time, in yours. About four, we have to go." She sits up and starts to climb down the tree with InuYasha close at heel. Chyio and Nari where watching the fireworks and didn't notice the two dashing off back towards the shrine. After hurrying through the crowds of people and down the street, they reached the long staircase of the shrine. At the top Kagome runs in and leaves a note to her mom before joining InuYasha at the temple and jumping in.

When they came out on the other side, full size Kiara was waiting at the top of the well. Not asking any questions, InuYasha and Kagome jumped on her and she took off. They flew for a very short time before Kiara started to descend into the dense forest. When they landed, InuYasha and Kagome jumped off and ran to a worried looking Sango. "What's wrong, where's Miroku? Asked InuYasha.

"He's been hurt, but won't stop chasing a demon. I would have continued, but I had sent Kiara to wait for you. I was hoping Kagome would sense the shards and return."

"What happened to Miroku?"

"He was sliced by one of the demons fangs in the left arm. He won't stop chasing it though."

"Kagome, you and Sango stay here." InuYasha says before running off at full speed in the direction Sango had pointed to moments ago."

"InuYasha, you aren't even demon" yells after him.

Kiara transforms to her full size and Sango climbs on. She reaches out her hand and pulls Kagome up as Kiara takes off after the two brainless men.

* * *

"There'sssss nothing vo can do now." Hissed a rather large snake demon down to a kneeling Miroku. His are was bleeding badly and poison was slowly making his blood clot.

Miroku slowly gets up leaning most of his weight on his staff. "I'm not through yet." He yells and while shaking reaches to open up his wind tunnel. A flash of red (Why do so many people say it is pink. Sure on the cover of the first manga, which I proudly own, he is in a pink ?(what is it called again) but it is always red in the anime) shows up, but stops suddenly. He had reached for the Tetsusaiga, but realized that he was not a hanyou.

Kiara comes into view and lands near the wounded Miroku. Sango immediately runs up to him to see how bad it is while Kagome goes towards the demon.

Even without his hanyou powers, InuYasha still can sense that Kagome is coming towards him. "Get back Kagome." He yells never taking his eyes off the demon.

"InuYasha, what can you do, the Tetsusaiga can't transform." She takes a few more steps before stopping. "We need to hide until the morning, we still have 6 hours." She says softly enough so that only he can hear her.

"There are other ways to kill a demon, Sango can hit him with her boomerang, (can't remember what the attack is called, but will find out in a while.) and I still have a few attacks I can use." He growls, anticipating a good fight coming.

Kagome turns and look hard at the snake demon but then gets a worried look on her face. "InuYasha!" she yells with surprise. "He has two jewel shards in the tip of his tail, one in his head, and one in his heart."

"How can a snake demon get that many shards, I bet it has something to do with Naraku."

***************************************

Okay now it's done. WOW I almost got 100 hits in only 3 days. That's better than my Zoids fic. Oh I hope you like it. Please review.