InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chosen Pathes ❯ Chapter 3 ^_^;; ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"There is nothing you can do to it InuYasha." Says a Miroku obviously I great pain. "No matter what I did, I didn't even dent him."

"Feh, I'm a lot stronger than you'll ever be so why should I worry."

"Because your not a demon. Look out!" As Kagome yelled the snake was beginning to rise up into the striking pose and aiming straight for InuYasha.

"Shit." InuYasha jumps away and is knocked the rest by the force of the Snake hitting the ground. "I'm not use to being the mouse in this game."

"Vo will die, vo have no chansssse!"

InuYasha pulls himself off the ground and turns his head to Kagome and the rest. "Get out of here now. He is too close to the village and I can't wait until morning to beat him."

"But InuYasha! There…"

"Kagome go. Get on Kiara and leave. I can take care of my self. Miroku get the girls out of here."

Miroku looks up at Sango and she nods. Sango picks up Kiara and whispers into her ear. Kiara takes a few steps back from them and transforms into her full form. She takes off into the sky. She swoops around the snake demon and sinks her fangs into the back of one of the snake's head. "Vhat are vo doing!" The demon shakes his head violently trying to get Kiara lose.

Kiara bit down harder clamping her jaws together and causing a large chunk of flesh to come out of the back of it's head. She landed pretty much on her feet and took off towards Kagome with the chunk of meat. The demon was about to strike at her, but he was hit hard in the bare stop of his head with Sango boomerang. (I still don't know the attack, haven't have time to look) This gave Kiara long enough to drop the piece of flesh into Kagome's hands. Inside was a rather large piece of the Shikon no tama.

"InuYasha!"

He turns his gaze away from the demon long enough to see the glowing stone in Kagome's grasp. Sango had caught her boomerang and ran back to Miroku while the Snake tried to regain its vision.

"InuYasha, I have a plan, but you have to keep him distracted for a few minuets and get him to turn around."

"Fine, but it better work because I don't like being bate." He takes off in a run right towards the Snake. He jumped away from its first strike and ran towards the cover of the woods, praying it would turn.

"Sango, aim for its tail. Only about a foot down, there are two shards."

She looked down at the badly bleeding Miroku and took off towards the snake for better aim. With all he strength she flung the boomerang and hit the tail about two and a half feet down. It slowly cut through the scales and flesh. The tail fell down and started flopping. "Kiara go." Yells Kagome so that she can extract the two jewel shards before the tail can reconnect. Kiara takes off at full speed and snatches the tail in mid air. She brought it back where Kagome quickly too out the two shards resulting in the snake turning and slither towards he are full speed. Kiara picks her up just as the snake's head crashes into the ground where she had been standing on seconds ago.

Kiara lands next to InuYasha as the snakes pulls its' head up and tries to figure out what happened. Kagome hands the Shards over to InuYasha and grabs her bow and an arrow, which Kiara had been carrying on her back. (I had to have a way for it to get there^_^;; though that would be impossible. Could you imagine Kiara in her small form carrying the bow more or less the arrows.) She impales the piece of the head and tail onto the bow and aimed it at the heart. She hoped the two pieces would guild it to the snake as it started to charge towards them and the arrow fought to go up and down. By doing this, the arrow would stay straight and hit the heart.

A light shown almost as bright as when the crow had gotten a hold of the jewel. Luckily as the snake blew up, the jewel shard stayed the same size. It landed a few feet away from the bloody Miroku, completely separated from the snake.

"Bingo!" says Kagome as she walks over and picks up the fourth shard.

"Hey InuYasha," says Miroku, "looks like you are out of a job as shard gatherer. Kagome did a pretty good job without you." He attempts to get up, but tumbles back down. "I guess I'm not walking."

Kagome walks over to InuYasha and takes the three shards he was holding. She took out a very full jar and placed the four shards in it. "Sango, why don't you take Miroku to the village, I have to go back and get a few things from my house."

Sango nods her head and calls Kiara over to her as she walks over to Miroku how is trying to stand up again. "You can't stay down can you." She helps him up and helps him get on Kiara. She jumps on herself and they take off towards the village.

"Come on InuYasha, I still have a bunch of things to do before I stay here again. We are almost out of ramen and if I don't get some good soap here I will die." She grabs him by the hand and leads him towards the well. After a decent walk the open meadow comes into view.

"We are only going to your house right? I'm not going back to the festival."

"Why don't you like the festival? It is always fun and there are always a lot of people to talk to?"

"Yes all there is talk. It's boring. How can you people waste your time talking." Says InuYasha as he grabs hold of Kagome and jumps into the well. They are surrounded by the light and brought back to her time. They climb out by the vines and exit the shrine. InuYasha takes off and climbs into the God Tree.

"InuYasha, what are you doing?"

"You go get what we need and I will stay here. That was you can't drag me back to that festival and we can get back sooner." He yells before sinking into his normal I could care less position.

Kagome walks up to the house but turns back right before she enters. "It is getting harder to tell whether I like you better as a demon or a human. You are beginning to act the same in both phases." She yells up at him.

"Feh. Think what you want. But can you think and pack at the same time?" he answers no to hurrying but enough to piss Kagome off.

"Sit! Now stay there and I will be out when I am ready."

**************************************************************** ********Yah, I actually put up another chapter. I am so angry that I don't own InuYasha, but what can I do. Oh ya, today I found out that I am student of the month in math out of my whole high school. Okay enough bragging, I hope it isn't too lame, but I am better at writing very, very good description of scary places not talking or fighting scenes. Have any of you ever had to memorize the opening sonant to Romeo and Juliet. Well I did and it is confusing as ****! Well enough complaining too so Night (it's 10:00pm here right now so that is correct) Au revoir!

~Amanda a.k.a. Kazk