InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chosen Pathes ❯ Waiting on Fate ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I still haven't looked up many of the attacks and well the proper way the Sango always calls Miroku, well the correct spelling at least so I am not going to so it. I am also not at all good at Kaede's speaking so it is not going to be that good. I am using my manga for reference and I hope it doesn't turn out that bad. Why did they have to take InuYasha off of Cartoon Network? I can't get the videos imported for Japan and well I don't always have the money to buy the next Manga. If I were any more bored I would kill myself. Oh for all of you that don't know, Geometry Honors homework dealing with expediential decay doesn't make too much sense when you are trying to do it at 1 in the morning. Anyways, this isn't that good a chapter and I should really be working on my homework and other story before my friends get too pissed at me. ^_^;;

~Amanda a.k.a. Kazk

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

"What happened my child? And where is InuYasha and Kagome." Asks Kaede as Kiara landed outside her hut.

"Snake demon. Miroku was bit, but not much poison entered his body." Answers Sango as she climbed off of Kiara and helped Miroku down. With Sango supporting Miroku with the help of his staff, the four headed into Kaede's hut. Miroku was placed onto one of the beds and Kaede rummaged through her things for an antidote to the poison.

"Is the demon destroyed or are InuYasha and Kagome still working on that?"

"Destroyed. Kagome and InuYasha have gone back to her time for some things."

"Ah. In the corner by the door there should be a small pedestal, bring it here my child."

"Yes. What can I do to help?"

"I have to grind many herbs together to make this antidote. You need to keep him awake. If he falls asleep there is a very small chance he will ever wake up again." Says Kaede with great concern in her voice and on her face.

Sango walks over to Miroku's bed and kneels beside it. His eyes were closed but he was breathing. Sango wasn't sure if he was awake though. "Miroku?"

Silence

Sango shakes his shoulder a little and tries again with great concern in her voice. "Miroku?"

Silence again.

Sango face turns to shock as Miroku gropes her. "Henti." She yells as she slaps him across the face leaving a red handprint. She turns her back to him "Can't you be serious for a minuet. You need to stay awake or you could, could die." She says sounding like she is crying when she says the last part.

"Now Sango, I'll be fine. I know Kaede will be able to make the antidote and I promise you I won't fall asleep. Anyways why would I want to stop looking at someone as beautiful as you?"

Sango shakes her head, smiles a little, and turns back to him. Kiara walks over and curls up next to Miroku's head. Sango reaches down and bring Kiara up to her face. "If Miroku's hand moves and inch, bite him." She whispers before putting her back down, knowing perfectly well Miroku could hear her.

* * *

Back in Kagome's time, Kagome was coming out of her house with the bottomless backpack. InuYasha had pulled himself off the ground and was sitting in front of the shrine. "You ready?" He says not looking up at her. Obviously still a little peeved about the sitting.

"Yes. I have enough supplies to last us over two months." Said Kagome as she slowly walked into the shire with InuYasha trailing behind. They dropped the sack down and jumped in after it. They climbed out of the well in feudal Japan and started the trek to Kaede's hut. The short journey was pretty much wordless, yet neither of them knew why they where still mad.

When they walked into Kaede's hut, Kaede was adding the final ingredients to a mixture while Sango was kneeling over a violently coughing Miroku. Kagome dropped her bag and ran over to see what she can help Kaede with. "Take that bowl and place come of that ground daisy roots." instructed Kaede. "InuYasha go to the well and get a bucket of water and hurry." For once in his life InuYasha did what he was told without grumbling.

As soon as one coughing spell ended another one started. Sango was grasping his hand and Kiara was nuzzling his head trying to keep him conscious. Kaede took the bowl for Kagome and added the liquid in the pedestal. She furiously stirred it as InuYasha came in with the water. Kaede took a handful of the water and added it to the potion. She stirred it again and then walked over to Miroku, who was in the middle of another spell. "Sango hold his head back and keep his mouth open." She did and she was told and Kaede slowly started to pour the liquid down Miroku's throat. As much was swallowed as was coughed right back up, thus causing even more coughing.

After the bowl was empty, Miroku fell into a deep sleep. After an hour of two, InuYasha and Kagome left for their home and Kaede went to take a rest leaving Sango to watch Miroku. She had volunteered to stay with him all night and no one objected. She sat kneeled beside him all night holding his hand in hers. "Please wake up Miroku, please." She whispered in to darkness, but her words just drifted away on the dawn breeze. After a long period of silence Miroku let out a small moan and took a deep breath before returning to his deep sleep state.

"Get some sleep my child, I shall take over the watch for now." Said Kaede and she came up behind Sango. "There is nothing you can do now. It is up to him. I will wake you if anything happens."

Sango looked up at the old Miko with great sadness in her eyes. "I'm fine. I don't need sleep right now."

"The best thing we can do right now is wait. There is no reason for you to torture your body. Now go lay down and rest." Sango reluctantly got up and walked to another one of the beds with Kiara close at heal. She lay down facing the sleeping Miroku and was soon engulfed by the strong urge to sleep. Five hours later she woke up to the sound for talking. She didn't move so no one noticed that she was awake.

"So she stayed up all night by him?"

"Yes (I think this is suppose to be eye but in the yes form, but I don't know how to spell it and since my spelling is already horrid, I didn't need to add more.) She stayed by his side the whole night. I found her just the way she was when I lift her earlier this morning."

"Feh, he is still a leechous monk, all he does is grope her. Why would she stay by her side?"

Kagome smacks him upside the head with her hand, not hard enough to hurt him, but enough to make his head jerk forward. "You really need to work on your senses for love." Kaede let out a small laugh followed by Kagome doing the same. "I wonder why they just don't say anything to each other?"

"Feh, why don't you just ask her, she is awake."

Sango face turned to shock when InuYasha said that. `How did he know?'

Kagome gets up and walks over to her. "Are you okay?"

Sango sits up and faces Kagome. "Yes… I'm fine." Her gaze sweeps the floor over to where Miroku was still laying. "How is he?"

"He still hasn't woken up, so we don't know." Kagome looks over her shoulder to Miroku. "He has stopped coughing and his breathing has returned to normal, but he still hasn't woken up."

"The medicine is strong, yet does not always work. We shall have to wait for him to awake. If he doesn't wake in the next hour, then we shall haft to start worrying."

Sango's gaze falls to the floor and a tear runs down her cheek. "It's my fault. I was the one that found the demon; I was the one that didn't stop him from following it after he was hurt. It's my fault." She starts to weep into her hands even with Kiara and Kagome trying to comfort her."

"Sango it's not your fault," says Kagome, "Miroku went after the demon and there was nothing you could have done to stop him."

InuYasha stood up and walked out of the hut for no reason. "InuYasha, where are you going?" asked Kagome as he walked past her, but got no answer.

"Sango…" The three women turned to the still sleeping Miroku. His eyes where closed, but his eyes where darting back and forth rapidly. "Sango…" he repeated again, obviously dreaming.

"Lady Kaede, is he going to be okay?" asked a sobbing Sango

"To be honest, I am not sure, but this is a good sign."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~* Okay take a wild guess where you think where InuYasha went because you will never guess my idea. Okay did any of you really think I was going to kill off Miroku? I noticed that Shippo (not sure about spelling) hasn't been in any chapters, but he will be in the next one. ^_^;;

~Amanda a.k.a. Kazk