InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Class Trip ❯ Wake-up Calls, Pillowfights, and the Scariest Words Known to Kagome ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N- I got a complaint about the spacing on this, so I fixed it. I'm sooooo sorry! When I put it up it lost the formatting! I _did_ have gaps, they just didn't show up! Gomen!!! This should be better! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH to all of my reviewers! You make me so happy! ^-^

A/N: Hi, everyone! Welcome to my newest fanfic! This one actually has chapters!!! I'm so very proud. My beta reader gave this one a big thumbs-up, so read it and see how you like it! I currently have 6 chapters written, and they will (hopefully) all be uploaded soon. I have no idea how long this is going to get, but I have a lot of ideas I want to write into it, so it may reach 15 or higher. I just don't know quite yet. At the end of Ch. 6 I am no where near finished.

This first chapter is immensely OOC, but I shrug it off as "its set at 7 AM! Who acts like themselves at 7 AM? I certainly don't. At 7 AM I'm barely coherent!" It has tons of fluff and much cuteness all around. Then I get down to the actual story in the next couple of chapters. So, enjoy the partial one-shotness of this chappie, and I'll see if I can get a few more up today.

Disclaimer- You thought I owned it? Hah! Funny. (Calls nurse with strait jacket over to help you sort things out) ^-^ but seriously folks, Inuyasha belongs first and foremost to Kagome, and they belong to the great "Queen of Romantic Comedy" (see, I'm quoting the "about the author"), Rumiko Takahashi. All I own is my one little writing spiral… don't take it, okay?

And now… The actual fanfic!!!!!

Class Trip?

By Rain

Ch. 1: Wake-up calls, pillow fights, and the scariest words known to Kagome.

"KAGOME!!!!!!"

`I could really learn to hate that wake-up call…' Kagome Higurashi thought to herself as she sat up in bed, awaiting the arrival of a certain, extremely _loud_ hanyou. She didn't have to wait too long. "What are you doing here?" she asked as soon as his feet hit the carpet below her window.

"You're supposed to be back today." Inuyasha stated matter-of-factly as he sat down on the floor of her room, his back to the wall.

"NOT at 7 o'clock in the morning!"

"Why not?" he asked in that infuriatingly innocent tone of voice that all guys have the ability to use.

"AAAAARRGHHHH!!!!" She half growled, half yelled at him as she threw a pillow in the general direction of his head. He caught it before it actually got there.

"You really need to learn to throw better. That was pathetic." He commented with a smirk.

"Why you…" she jumped out of bed, oblivious to the fact that she was still in her pajamas, and started smacking him over the head with the pillow that had remained on her bed.

"Hey! Stop it!" he yelped, before apparently realizing that he was also in possession of a pillow. The one she had thrown at him before. So, he started hitting back (but mostly just blocking). Thus began the great pillow fight, which will live in infamy as being kinda strange to watch.

Kagome let out a small shriek at his retaliation, and jumped up on her bed to get the upper hand once more. Unfortunately, this only works when your opponent _doesn't_ jump up after you. Hers did. And so, the crazy pillow fighting frenzy continued, just quite a bit bouncier.

Perhaps too bouncy. The next thing Kagome knew, she was teetering on the edge of the bed, windmilling her arms in an effort to stay upright.

"Eeep!" She squeaked as she lost the battle, and closed her eyes to wait for the bruising that the floor would give her. And she waited. And continued to wait. Then she became increasingly aware of a pleasant warmth at her back and a pair of arms that had wrapped themselves around her waist.

She opened her eyes, only to be confronted with a curtain of silver-white hair. She followed said hair upwards to its source, to see the laughing golden eyes of the hanyou staring down at her.

"Daijobu?" he asked softly,

"Um… yeah, I think so…" Kagome answered uncertainly, suddenly aware of the fact that her pajama top had ridden up so far that the top of his arm was just brushing the bottom of her breasts. She blushed about five shades of red and continued,

"Um…You can let go of me now, Inuyasha."

"No, I can't." He protested with a smirk, "Unless you want to fall the rest of the way."

Kagome then realized that she had been too preoccupied with his arms to notice _her_ feet. They were still on the edge of the bed, guaranteeing that if he let go, she would indeed fall the rest of the way.

"Well then, would you at least help me stand up?" she asked sweetly.

"What's in it for me?" he asked, still smirking down at her. It was at this point that Kagome realized that she was still in possession of a pillow.

*SMACK!*

"Ow! Hey!" confused, he removed one of his hands from around her waist to nurse his forehead.

"I won't do that again."

"Huh?" now he was _really_ confused.

"You asked me what's in it for you. I won't do that again." Now it was Kagome's turn to smirk.

"But that's letting you off easy!" he said, with overly dramatic disappointment. He gave her a toothy grin and lifted her up a bit more, revealing even more skin (to Kagome's obvious embarrassment), so that she could get her feet under her. Then he rested his chin on her shoulder and wrapped his other arm back around her waist. "But okay." He whispered softly, right next to her ear. She blushed again, but this time at the tingle that went through her at the feeling of his lips moving on the side of her ear and the feeling of his breath on her cheek. She leaned back into him, eliciting a soft purr and a slight nuzzling of the side of her head. The two of them stood there a moment, savoring the warmth that had grown up between them.

"Kagome!!" her mother's voice broke them out of their trance, or as Kagome thought, back to their senses. "Kagome, are you awake?"

"Yes, mama!" she yelled back.

"Breakfast is ready! You don't want to be late, remember!"

"Yes mama! I'll be right down!"

She turned her attention back to Inuyasha, who hadn't moved at all when her mother had yelled to her. She twisted around in his grip and placed her hands on his shoulders, pushing him back a few inches.

"I have to go to school now, Inuyasha." She told him simply, looking him straight in the eye.

"But you said you'd come back today!" he whined, sounding much like Sota when he wanted to stay up an extra half hour.

"I _will_ come back! Just… later!" She argued. "My class is going on a trip today, and since I managed to make up so much of my work so quickly, my teachers decided I was allowed to go." She noticed the look on his face at this and quickly continued, deciding to use her one backup when asking and pleading didn't work. Fake crying. "I never get to spend any time with my friends! Every time you actually _let_ me come back, I have to spend all of my time doing my make-up work! You never let me have _any_ fun!" `And now for the tears…' she thought, focusing on making her expression pitiful and welling up her eyes with tears.

"H-hey! Don't cry!" he panicked, as always. "You can go! I never said you couldn't go!"

`Yes!' Kagome thought, her mind doing a little victory dance.

"But I'm going with you."

`Shit.'

A/N- So, what did everyone think? This is sort of a prologue. Don't worry, you will find out where the class is going, and Inuyasha will eventually start acting like his normal self. As I said, I attribute all OOC-ness to the fact that this was set at 7 am. Please review! My last Inuyasha fic got ZERO reviews. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada. So if anyone would read that, and maybe give me a review, that would be nice. Thank you all!