InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Class Trip ❯ Well, This Complicates Things A Bit... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N- this is kinda short, but necessary to my plot. Also, in answer to one of my reviewers: yes, Inu is going to wear modern clothes, _and_ a hat, but they're not going shopping for them in this fic. You'll find out the whole backstory on that at Christmas-time!!! Yep, at Christmas I'm going to put out the Christmas-y prequel to this story! It won't be as long, but it _will_ be romance/humor. That's all I'm telling for now! (mostly cuz its not quite written yet, and I don't want to tell people something that then doesn't appear!! ^-^)

Now, once again- I don't own this. If I did, the dubbing on the English version would be better. Although I did like Inu's voice, if only because they kept the jerkiness in it that it needed. ^-^

Ch. 2 Well, This Complicates Things a Bit…

"Um, well … You _can't_ go, Inuyasha."

"Why not?"

`He just _has_ to use that damn innocent tone!! WHY, oh _why_ did he have to come to get me so early today!? I think fate is out to kill me…'

There was a small problem for Kagome in dealing with the situation. She really hadn't been entirely truthful about the "trip", up to this point. The concept of a "field trip" had been explained to Inuyasha before, mainly so she could go on one her class was doing. But this "trip" was a "Class Trip", which is different in that it takes _much_ longer. In the case of Kagome's class, a week (7 day week, not school week). A week Kagome had planned on using as a vacation. True, the trip _would_ require a lot of walking, but she was used to that. Her class was taking a camping trip for the first four days of the week, with one of those days spent at a "surprise" location that the teachers kept secret. However, the students had figured out that the site was some historical something that a bunch of archeologists were digging up.

But, it was the last three days that would be really fun. They got to spend the last part of the trip in a small town that was famous for its hot springs. Sure, the teachers were also going to make them visit some stupid museum, but that could be dealt with, and it would only be a few hours. The rest of the time Kagome had planned on spending having fun with her friends, something she rarely got to do.

Sure, all the camping was kind of like normal, but the bonus for Kagome was NO shards, NO demons, and most of all, a break from dealing with Inuyasha 24/7. Now, he just had to come along and screw up all her plans. `Damn him…' Kagome was fuming.

"You can't go because this isn't a normal field trip. Plus, how am I supposed to explain you!?" Kagome already knew the answer to her own question. `Hi, guys. This is that two-timing jerk I told you all about. Say hi, Inuyasha! Right. Like that's going to help me at all. They'll probably try to kill him for `hurting' me, and he'll have no idea what's going on…'

"So if its not a `normal' trip, then what kind of trip is it?" He settled himself down on her bed, awaiting an answer. `She is definitely hiding something.' He determined himself not to leave until he knew what was going on. And that would be after this `trip' thing was over.

"Um, its kind of an _extended_ trip."

"Extended for how long?" He was beginning to get pissed off, mostly because he was beginning to see what was going on. She was going to leave so he couldn't drag her back for a longer time.

"Just a week! 7 days, that's it!" She started acting perky and upbeat in an effort to forestall the waves of anger she could feel around the hanyou.

"So you were gonna run off and leave us for a week, huh? And _what_ were you expecting for me to tell everyone else when I got back and you weren't with me? For that matter, what had you planned on saying to explain yourself to me, hm? `Oh, sorry Inuyasha,'" he started in a little hi-pitched voice, mocking her, "`I forgot all about you, and the others, and the jewel. I found something better to do, so I left.' And then when I get mad, I get `osuwari'd and you get off with a `Welcome back, Lady Kagome'. Nope, not happening this time."

Kagome was a little shocked that Inuyasha had actually almost made a _speech_, and actually seemed to have a point. `I do seem to osuwari him a lot, lately. Maybe I should watch it. He seems to be taking it quite personally.' (A/N- no duh.)

"I'm sorry." She said, with an edge of disappointment to her voice, as though she was expecting him to forbid her to go, and drag her back through the well. `She sounds really…, sad.' He realized. And, being his usual self (completely in denial), he had no idea why the thought of her being so sad bothered him so much. But, as it did, he made a decision.

He stood up in front of her, and lifted her chin with two fingers so that her eyes met his. "I forgive you for lying to me, and you can still go." He said shortly. He removed his hand from below her chin and let her hold her head up on her own.

This was yet another shock for Kagome. `He's not going to drag me back? This is completely unlike him… there's still a catch…and I think I know what it is'

"But only if I go with you." The look on his face convinced Kagome that he wasn't joking at all. It was either class trip _with_ Inuyasha, or no class trip at all.

She resigned herself to the torture. `This was supposed to be a vacation!'

"Fine. You can go. BUT, if you get into _any_ trouble, or embarrass me at all, I am never speaking to you EVER again!!

He just smirked in response. It had helped that he had known he would win this one. As soon as she had felt guilty for lying to him about the trip, he had had it in the bag. `And now I get to be with Kagome without that perverted monk and the annoying kit in the way.' (A/N- see, he had ulterior motives! ^-^)

"AND, you have to carry all my stuff for the entire trip!"

"I already do that anyway…" he said under his breath.

"WHAT was that!?"

`I think I may have been wrong about this being a victory…'