InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Closer than before I met you ❯ Meet the fleabag Zurni ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: Meet the fleabag Zurni

“Kagome have you found the file on Tashio yet?” Miroku asked sticking his head into the well lit file room. The past week had gone by fast, only one more day she had to work under Miroku’s practiced eye. Sometimes she wondered if he gave her jobs she would quit just so she could come back to him and so he would be able to watch over her. Kagome stopped from her organizing and picked a file from a pile on her left. She tossed it to him and continued to organize. “Thanks?” he said as he shut the door.

Miroku walked to his desk and sat in his extremely comfy chair while he pondered his next move with the Tashio Corporation. He flipped the file open and prayed she didn’t look through it. The first page consisted of a profile of Japan’s richest man, Sesshomaru Takahashi, the heir of the Tashio Corporation. It showed a recent picture of Sesshomaru, underneath it had his exact age, height, eye color, hair color, and family connections. The second page was of his recent hiring’s from Miroku’s company, who he had fired the reason why he had fired them and the department from which they had worked from. At the top of the list was the recent space that had come up in the company, a personal assistant and secretary to Yasha Takahashi himself. Miroku groaned as he stood and went to his file room, “Kagome do you have the recent list of unemployed secretaries?” his cousin shook her head and laughed as she pulled a stack of papers from a file.

“Miroku what are you going to do without me?” she asked as she shoved a stack of files in a filing cabinet.

“Be horribly lost.” Miroku said as he left the door slightly ajar. He tossed the packet on his desk and walked to his personal filing cabinet and dug through it. “Ah ha!” he exclaimed as he withdrew something. Giggling he began to squeeze the stress relieving thing. He watched the eyes bug out as he squeezed and retract when he let go. He repeated the process a few times when he heard a sound. Turning towards his desk he found a familiar smirk.

“Still have that thing?” a gruff voice said from his desk.

“For your information Bob is a very good stress reliever Yash.” Miroku said as he continued to squeeze Bob. The hanyou laughed as he lifted his booted feet from the top of Miroku’s desk. He leaned forward and set his elbow on the desk. If his ears weren’t constricted beneath his hat, he would have looked like a begging puppy.

“Your cousin works here?” he asked suddenly, his violet eyes flashing as he searched the room. “You know I room with her?”

“Temporarily, that is if she doesn’t kill me first. I plan on sending her file to your brother then again I already have.” Miroku said as he closed the file up along with the list of available secretaries. “She just quit her last job, so as her cousin I find her work when she does that. Right Kagome?” Miroku said without turning. “Wait what did you just say?” Miroku asked his head whipping around to face Yash.

“Yes Roku.” Kagome’s sweet voice came from the file room. “Roku here’s the file on the Rena and Mizukami companies. You asked for them right?” Kagome asked as she walked into the room holding two files. She was about to hand them to Miroku when she took notice of just who was sitting in Miroku‘s desk. “Yasha?” she asked as the hanyou chuckled.

“Yeah me. Told you I knew your cousin. I just came by to see how he is. And by the looks on his face he has an issue with something I said.” Yasha said as he stood.

“Actually I was wondering who would dare room with my sweet cousin. Oh look a fax.” Miroku said as he pulled a paper from his fax machine. “Yep here it is. We accept Kagome Higurashi as an employee. Tell her to report to Tashio Corporate tomorrow at 1. This is what we‘ve been waiting for Kagome.” Miroku said as Yasha stood up.

“So I was hired?” Kagome asked as she set the files on the desk.

“Yeah you were.” Miroku said thinking of her new employer.

Yasha walked to the office door, “Well see ya Miroku and Kagome I’ll see you later and tell that flea bag cat not to transform on me when I’m sleeping. I don’t like to wake up with a cat on my chest.” Yasha left the office and shut the door as Kagome finally started yelling.

“You baka! It’s not my fault Zurni doesn’t like you!” Kagome yelled as she advanced on the door.

“Here you need this.” Miroku said as he tossed Bob to Kagome who began to stomp on the poor thing.

“Stupid arrogant baka! I hope Zurni uses him for a scratching post next!” she picked the flattened Bob up and set him on Miroku’s desk before she went back into the filing room, slamming the door behind her.

“She’s not going to be happy Miroku.” Sango said sticking her head in Miroku’s office.

“You have a call on line three by the way.”

“Okay, thanks love.” he said as he got down to business. “This is Miroku speaking how may I help you find the perfect job or employee?”

“Yes I believe I may know the perfect contractor for your company.” Miroku said as he wrote down the company’s name and address as well as the phone number, “Okay I’ll get back to you on the job, okay, bye.”

**Kagome**

She unlocked the door just in time to here a string of curses followed by an angry hiss. “Damn cat! Get off!” she walked into the living room and watched as Yasha struggled to throw the fire neko off of him. Ignoring him she went into her bedroom and shut the door planning on listening to her Ipod. A half an hour later Zurni waltzed into her room carrying a growling Yasha in his mouth. “Put me down you fur ball!” Yasha growled as he tried to hit the cat.

“Zurni put him down and come lay with me.” Kagome sighed and patted her bed. The fire neko spit him out and jumped on her bed transforming to his smaller form in midair. He curled up in her lap and narrowed his green eyes at Yasha.

“Stupid cat.” Yasha mumbled as he left the room. Kagome shook her head and rubbed the neko behind the ears.

“You wanna see Kirara tomorrow?” Kagome asked Zurni. The cat purred and rubbed it’s head on her. “I take that as yes.”

Kagome yawned and lay down on her bed. Zurni stretched and changed into his larger form and lay next to, keeping her warm.

Yasha watched as she fell asleep and left the room. Picking up his cell he dialed a most hated number. “What do you what from me now? More money?” a voice said.

“Sesshomaru could you send Jaken with that file on that Ryoko’s missing daughter? I want to have a head start on the case.” Yasha said as he sat on the comfy couch and ignored the money thing.

“You’re lucky you’re the best damn detective in this company, InuBaka. I’ll send you the file. Make sure that the file is only seen by you.” Sesshomaru said as he hung the phone up.

“Great a complement and an insult in the same sentence.” Yasha said as he awaited Jaken’s arrival.

~~~~~*~~~~~

(E/N: Hey all it’s the editor. Just wanted to remind you to REVIEW!!!! If you don’t I’ll have Inudewaruika post a page with just me blabbering on and on. I can say really random stuff at times. Ok well see ya’ll later.)