InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Closer than before I met you ❯ The One thing she doesn’t want to ride ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: The One thing she doesn’t want to ride

“Thanks Jaken.” InuYasha said as he took the thick envelope from the tiny man, or toad demon in disguise.

The toad bowed and wandered to the car that was parked in the street. InuYasha turned and went back into his new home. Before he opened the door Zurni somehow got outside and decided to bar the door with his considerable bulk. {Why are you sneaking out?} the cat asked almost lazily.

“I thought you were sleeping with Kagome?” InuYasha asked as he waited impatiently for the cat to move or die, which ever came first.

{I was then I grew hungry so I went looking for you.} the cat licked his paw and reached up and swiped at an ear.

“So you expect me to feed you?” InuYasha said as he started to grow irate.

{Calm down puppy, I already ate. Why else would I clean myself? At least I have some manners.} the cat placed his paw on the ground. {An added bonus is that I get to see my litter mate, Kirara tomorrow so I can’t be dirty like a dog.}

“Will you move?” InuYasha nearly growled, but stopped. Even though it was dark, people can be out wandering around.

{Maybe. It depends on why you want to enter with a paper object that smells like toad. Disgusting vile creatures.} the neko spat.

“It’s my work and I forgot it at the office.” InuYasha said as he sighed when Zurni stood and transformed to his kitten form. “Thanks.”

{It’s not for you. It’s for Kagome. I was given to protect and protect I will.} Zurni said as he looked at InuYasha through his icy blue eyes that faded into green.

“What?” he asked but the cat had vanished. He shrugged his shoulders and went into the kitchen. He placed the file on the table and picked up a yellow sticky note. ‘I knew you would want it but seeing how I have a meeting tomorrow would you led Miss Higurashi around. I am not asking InuBaka.’

“Sesshomaru, I am not a baka.” he growled, much to the amusement of the fat cat that was curled up in one of the kitchen chairs. He put the folder together and decided he was tired. He left the kitchen and walked to his room. He walked past a door that he recalled being there but Kagome didn’t say anything about it. Curious as a cat he opened the door and immediately wished he hadn’t. the room inside was thrashed, an unmade bed, dirty laundry thrown across the room and an unbearable stench filled the entire room. He closed the door and walked to his room.

***Kagome***

She wandered into the kitchen, sleepy and still in her pajamas. InuYasha sat at the table, dressed in a suit drinking coffee and reading a newspaper. “Whose room is that door? You never said.” he asked as she wandered to the coffee pot.

“When my mother died it left my younger brother in the care of my grandfather and he was getting to old to watch a kid like Sota, so me having an extra room, I made him live here with me.” Kagome said as she poured a cup of coffee and added sugar and creamer.

“Where is he now?” InuYasha asked looking up from the paper.

“He’s visiting my grandfather. He’s coming home tonight. He’s 16 and a handful, but he listens to me. His only friend who understands loss of a family member is Kohaku, Sango’s younger brother.” Kagome said as she headed back down the hall to her room. “Although I need to clean it. I think something’s growing in there.”

InuYasha chuckled as she closed her door and went to change into more work suited clothing, such as a casual suit. About an hour later she was finished with her hair and make up and went into the hall only to stop and double back at seeing InuYasha with a dust mask on his face cleaning Sota’s room. “Umm you didn’t have to do that.” Kagome said.

“It’s fine it just started to bug me that’s all. I kinda can smell things a little better than other people.” InuYasha said his voice muffled by the mask.

“Oh okay. I’m going to go see Sango then stop by Miroku’s work to pick up my check. I’ll be back before one.” Kagome said as she felt something around him, something she felt around her ex and funnily enough around Zurni. She shook it off as she wandered into the bright sunlight, Zurni at her heels.

***InuYasha***

He finished with the room and took the five industrial garbage bags and tossed them into the dumpster around the back. “Little booger.”

***Five minutes later***

He sat on the couch flipping through channels when he heard a car door shut. He stopped on a news channel and watched it with interest.

“Hi InuYasha.” Kagome said as she walked through the door with her small purse in hand. He grunted. “Governor Toshio is running again? I really like him. He’s almost like a father figure to all those orphan children. He created all those orphanages with his own money. I wish I had a dad who liked me as much as Governor Toshio likes those orphan children.”

InuYasha raised an eyebrow. ‘Doesn’t she know it’s for him to find his lost daughter? Poor Ryoko, if only your wife didn’t run out on you.’ InuYasha thought as he stood and switched the TV off. “Hey let’s go.” InuYasha said as he picked up a set of keys.

“Okay.” she said as she locked the door and followed him. He walked a distance to a parking lot and stopped before two vehicles, a red truck and a gleaming silver and red street bike. He went to the truck and pulled out two helmets, a red and a silver one. “Oh no, you don’t expect me to ride that do you?” she backed away.

“Yes seeing how my truck’s broken down.” InuYasha said handing her the silver helmet.

“Oh god please don’t let me die.” she whispered and InuYasha smirked.