InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Closer than before I met you ❯ Nothing of importance like a name ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Nothing of importance like a name

InuYasha watched in amusement as Kagome wobbled off the bike and stood shaking. He gracefully got off and slid his helmet off his head and tucked it underneath an arm. “I am never doing that again! Gods Yasha do you know how many people you cut off driving like that?” she said as she pulled her own helmet off and handed it to him.

“That’s the point, bikes are supposed to go fast and be able to wedge between cars, it’s what makes them fun to ride.” InuYasha said as he set both helmets on the black Miata with purple tinted windows.

“Why is Miroku’s car here?” Kagome asked him as he started walking towards the elevator in the underground parking lot.

“He’s here interviewing potential runners for the company.” InuYasha told her as he pushed the button for the elevator.

“Oh, why didn’t he pick me up? I mean I wouldn’t have to have rode that death chariot you call a fun ride.” Kagome said with a pout.

“Keh, you rode it here didn’t you? And you are alive.” he almost added ‘plus the scent of happiness was thick enough I smelt it down wind.’

She rolled her eyes as the elevator doors opened. “Okay show me around Mr. Takahashi of the death trap bike.”

“Okay Miss Higurashi.” he said as he held an arm out. She glared at it and stepped into the spacious elevator.

“So where am I working?” she asked him as she watched through the glass side of the elevator and at the street that was going lower and lower as they went higher.

“The fifth floor. That’s were all the big people work, the detectives, P. I. and the specialized units that we have. Such as bomb squads, homeland defense and tactical weapons research.” he said as they passed the fourth floor and the elevator stopped rising. It’s doors opened with a ding.

“Tactical weapons research?” Kagome asked, her eyes wide.

“Yeah.” he told her then said, “Though I only know of it through the lead researcher and head of department, Koga Ookami.”

“Oh.” she said suddenly sad. InuYasha was confused, why would she be sad?

“Anyway you’d be the Head of Detective Research’s secretary. I heard he’s a jerk most of the time.” InuYasha said off hand as they walked towards the back office. Ahead of them a black door with the words Department Head etched in a silver plate. “Here’s his office I hope you’ll like him. Oh by the way I’ll be seeing you later, have to get some coffee.” he said before he left Kagome at the door. He went towards the break room and to the coffee maker.

***Kagome***

She couldn’t believe he just left her there as if he was dropping off a package of no importance.

“Oh, hi!” a over happy voice said.

She turned and looked the shorter girl in the face. “Oh my god! Rin!” the shorter girl ran forward and hugged the life out of Kagome.

“I can’t believe it’s you! Are you the new secretary Miroku’s been going off on?” Rin said as she held a mashed folder to her chest.

“I guess. Though when I see Yasha again I am so going to kill him for just ditching me like that!” Kagome nearly growled.

Rin stepped back then smiled, “I see you’re the same as ever. Though I think you’ll see him sooner than you think.” Rin said as she walked away. “By the way I’ll call you later we need to have a girls night out after this! With Sango!”

Kagome shook her head and opened the black door. She stepped inside and her eyes took in the red and silver lined curtains that covered the windows. The carpet under her feet was a soft silver color and the desk were a light almost white maple color. Behind the desk, she assumed it was hers, another door sat. this door was clouded glass that had veins of silver and red running through it like cracks. The door had silver handles and a silver plate sat in the center near the top. It read Detective I. Y. Takahashi, Private Investigator. She walked up to and knocked, several times without getting an answer.

“If no one answers at the first knock I don’t think they’re in there.” InuYasha said behind her. She jumped and turned to face him. He handed her a coffee and opened the door.

“Thank you. But if he isn’t there I don’t think we should go in.” Kagome said as she held the cup of coffee. She inhaled it’s sweet aroma and smiled just the way she liked it. She noticed he had gone all the way into the room. “Wait!” she ran into the room which had the same color scheme as the front office. Except the room was larger, had three couches and a love seat, a maple table of the same near white color and a huge entertainment center, in which Yasha now sat in the front of holding a wireless PS2 controller.

“You can do that it isn’t yours!” Kagome protested when he turned the T.V. and PS2 on and sat down on one of the white couches. She watched as he loaded some fighting game.

“Close the door. I can’t stand when people think I’m not working.” he mumbled as his player wiped the floor with his opponent. “Way to easy.”

“Not working?” Kagome asked as she stood there.

“Yeah, oh by the way your coffee is getting cold, why don’t you sit down?” he asked as he beat his next opponent.

“But it isn’t yours!” she hissed as she shut the door. “What if we get caught I mean it is some high and mighty guy who probably has a stick shoved so far up his…” she stopped because Yasha was looking at her funny.

“So you think all Executives are like that?” he smirked as he resumed his game. Outside the phone on her desk rang. “Might want to answer that, I mean you do work here right?” she ran out to catch the phone.

“Put him on now and don’t let him say he’s on a new level because he’s not!” a familiar voice said.

“Who?” she asked timidly.

“The moron that’s in the office playing video games!” the angry voice shouted back.

“Okay.” she said as she set the phone down. She walked to the open door and stuck her head in. “Yasha somebody’s on the phone for you.” he looked at her and smirked.

“Tell him I’m Yasha right now.” he said, then looked back at her confused expression, “He knows who it is.”

She left and picked the phone up, “Umm he told me to tell you he’s Yasha right now.”

“Damn it all to hell! Ask him when he’ll feel professional again!” the male voice growled.

“Yasha! When will you be professional!” Kagome yelled into the room.

“When that mangy wolf is able to kick my” she slammed the door on his reply.

“When you come down here I guess.” she told him.

“Okay, tell him that InuYasha better be in or I will seriously kick some mutt hide!” the phone clicked off as Kagome realized who it was, Koga.

“InuYasha?” Kagome said, “Yasha?”

“You Jerk! How could you let me say all those things about you! You’re my boss!” Kagome yelled as she stormed into the room.

InuYasha looked at her and his violet eyes flickered to gold then back as he smirked. “I hate secretaries who think so highly of themselves, I do this all the time to my new employees.” he turned back to the game as Kagome stood there and stewed.