InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Closer than before I met you ❯ What does she hide? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry about the late update…I mean it took me two weeks to be able to update do to minor problems with my computer…

Chapter 6: What does she hide?

“Come on Kagome I was only joking.” InuYasha pleaded when Kagome gave him a death glare from the couch she was sitting on. Outside the office a phone rang. “That isn’t the office phone.” he said with confusion.

Kagome cocked her head as if she strained to listen, “I can’t hear anything.” she finally said.

‘That’s right, I’m not exactly human’ he thought dryly. “I guess I was hearing things again.” he said with a shrug. She glared at him.

“You told me you were going to show me around today. If all we are going to do is sit around in your office, then will you take me home?” Kagome asked after a while.

“Maybe.” InuYasha said with a straight face. Kagome’s face grew red and he hastily reconsidered, “Okay sure, we’ll go. I don’t have work to do.” he said as he stood.

She sat still and stared off into space with a blank look in her face. “Kagome?” he asked waving his hand in her face.

“Sorry, I was just thinking.” she said with a start.

“About what?” InuYasha asked, as she stood.

“About Koga’s group of friends. Ginta, Hakkaku, and another, he had silver hair, I just can’t remember his name. Anyway I never hung out with them because my cousin never let me. He was the over protective kind. The first time I went out with Koga he snuck along, dragging my best friend with him, then he had the nerve to act gay. I was lucky Koga knew him or else Miroku wouldn‘t be alive today.” Kagome said as they left the office.

“Koga Ookami?” InuYasha asked, he was the one Kagome called silver haired. Now that he was in the working world, he had to keep his concealment spell on instead of acting like a bad boy with his bandana or hat on all the time along with his sunglass on. He vaguely knew about her in school but could never recall her name, now he knew the girl that Koga always fancied and he had always envied what Koga had, in fact their arguments had turned into full blown fights on more than one occasion. Miroku had always hated Koga, because every girl wanted him except his cousin, and Miroku wanted what Koga had and it was respect. Miroku would be the only womanizing pervert to walk the earth that had no clue what it was to be respectful.

“Yeah him.” she said with a sorrowful sigh.

“Oh.” he replied. “Mangy wolf.’ InuYasha thought as he smelt Koga’s scent. “Hey I left a file on my desk, it’s labeled with Stupid on it, my brother’s idea of a prank,” he told her when she raised an eyebrow, “ can you get it for me while I deal with some stuff. I’ll meet you in the garage.” InuYasha said.

“Okay.” she said as she went off towards his office.

“Mutt face!” Koga’s voice called as soon as Kagome’s black hair vanished around the corner.

“Yeah?” InuYasha asked with a shrug, he walked on ignoring the wolf.

“You’re back!” Koga said as he caught up to InuYasha. Koga enveloped him in a bear hug which is ironic seeing how he’s a wolf. Koga stepped back and grinned.

InuYasha looked down at himself then at Koga, “Wow I guess I am.” he said dryly.

“You don’t have to be sarcastic.” Koga said, as he frowned. His eyes widened and he drew in a deep breath. “Kagome.” he said barely loud enough for InuYasha to hear.

“Huh?” InuYasha asked.

“You! Why have you Kagome scent covered on you?” Koga growled reverting to an old language no longer in use.

“Kagome? Oh, Kagome Higurashi. She’s my secretary as of this morning.” InuYasha said.

“Kagome.” Koga whispered. “Did you know we were engaged?”

InuYasha drew back startled. ‘They were? How did I not know?’ “No, I didn’t. then again I lived in America for about 5 years.”

“Yeah well something happened to her. I don’t know what, one day she was happy the next she was moping around as if she was missing something.” Koga said sadly.

“She was like something was missing? Maybe she’s just a wondering spirit.” InuYasha said with a shrug. “Maybe she fell in love with another?”

“Well I have to go. Don’t want the building to go up in flames.” Koga said as he ran off. “And I doubt she was in love with another!” he yelled over his shoulder.

“Whatever.” InuYasha said as he pressed the elevators button.. Its doors opened soundlessly and InuYasha stepped on it and held the door open as Kagome ran in breathlessly. She handed him the red folder as she panted to catch her breath.

“Here go.” she managed.

“Thanks.” he told her as he folded the folder and stuffed it in his jacket pocket.

They exited the elevator and went to his motorcycle without a sound. Kagome walked around a car and came to see Miroku kneeling in front of very familiar girl married to another familiar guy, holding his hands out, something sparkling in them. “Think this is the one?” he asked her as he stood and dusted his pants off.

“I don’t think so. It’s too tame for what you’re wanting.” the woman said.

“Miroku Hidaka! What in the name of God are you doing!” Kagome yelled as she placed her hands on her hips. InuYasha barely restrained a chuckle, she couldn‘t have heard him.

“Kags, I was looking for the right ring for Sango. I plan on asking her to marry me.” Miroku said as he turned pale and then red then grinned as he let a breath escape.

“Oh my god!” Kagome squealed as she hugged her cousin.

“Think this will work?” he asked holding out a ring.

“Miroku, that’s aunties ring.” Kagome said as she gasped in surprise. InuYasha watched as she happily talked to Miroku then turned to him. “Well are we going home or not?” Kagome asked him.

“Well you can expect to be called tonight when Sango tells you she’s engaged. Oh by the way Sota called my office and says Gramps needs help with the gutters again.” Miroku said as he and his foster sister Rin walked towards the elevators. She waved at InuYasha and turned towards Miroku as the elevator doors closed.

“You want that ride?” he said as he watched the look of sorrow flicker off her face at the mention of being engaged.

“Yes.” she said as she managed a weak smile.