InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Closer than before I met you ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7:

‘Okay seeing Rin there was kinda odd seeing how she’s my brother’s wife. Then again I knew her and Miroku, my best bud were foster siblings.’ InuYasha thought to himself as they left the parking garage and drove down Main Street towards their home. On his back Kagome huddled apparently afraid of the bike. ‘okay so the hottest girl in school, Kagome Higurashi was engaged to the dumbest animal at school. I wonder what happened?’

turned down a street and stopped in front of the building. She got off and walked unsteadily towards the door. He chuckled and revved the bike and drove it to the parking space. He pulled his helmet off and a strand of silver hair fell forward. He cursed and looked into the mirror. Sure enough the black was turning silver. Growling he adjusted his prayer beads and watched as his hair faded to black. He tossed the helmet into his truck and sauntered to his house. He walked into the house and heard Kagome on the phone.

“Yes Gramps don’t worry I’ll get over there to help with the gutters.” she said as she smiled. “No it’s okay it doesn’t hurt me anymore. Yes I’m sure I don’t need any powdered Kappa foot. Yes I’m sure. No I don’t need that either. Gramps!” she said exasperated. “I can’t eat that! It’ll kill me! Wait I don’t eat it? Then what do I do with it?” she asked as she turned to face InuYasha. Her face turned red and she sputtered. “I definitely can’t put it there!” she gasped out and InuYasha cocked his head. “I’ll be right over just let me change.” she paused. “Okay bye.” she said then hung up.

She looked at him then said, “I have to go to my Gramps’ house to help him and Souta clean the gutters.” she grimaced then left the room.

“Whatever.” he said as he pulled a soda out of the fridge and set it on the table and pulled the red folder out of his jacket.

‘She hurt her back a couple of weeks ago in an accident. It still pains her.’ Zurni said as he rubbed against the legs of the chair.

“Really? I would have never guessed.” InuYasha said as he opened the folder. Inside were pictures of the girl he was supposed to find. She had to be about his age now and living somewhere else. According to the file when the mother left she was pregnant and must now have a child. He skipped ahead to the description of the disappearance. It said that one night on his way home the father was ambushed and knocked unconscious. When he got home the building was ransacked and his wife and child was missing. Now later, he received a tip that his child is alive as well as the unborn child. InuYasha rubbed his temple as he read the information on the girl. A happy child, long black hair, blue gray eyes and rosy features on her face. It even included a picture of the girl. He looked at it and noticed it was folded in half. A arm was looped around her shoulders. He pulled it out of the plastic covering and unfolded it. The girl was standing next to the exact copy of herself, a twin. He tossed the picture on the table and flipped through the folder till he came to a document. Kikyo, was the name of the child. She had died a year before the daughter went missing. She was diagnosed with a cancer and passed away in the hospital a year after the diagnostic. It said the family was unhappy. “ A connection? Okay so I dig through a few hospital records find the name of the girl and her twin and see what I can come up with.” he said as he shut the folder and carried it into his room.

‘Go with her.’ Zurni said as he jumped up on the bed. ‘she could really use your help and she makes good ramen for her grandfather.’ InuYasha’s ears perked up at the ramen and nodded. He ran out the door, locked it and sprinted to catch up with her. She was pulling out as he ran in front of her car. She looked at him oddly as he pulled the passenger door open and got in.

“I’ll help.” he simply said as he buckled up.

“You don’t have to.” she said as she turned into the street.

“Yeah I know but hey it’ll go by faster.” he said as she nodded.

“Okay, you help gramps while I cook the Ramen.” she said.

“You make ramen?” he asked acting surprised.

“Yes and it tastes better than the store bought kind.” she said with a smile. She turned the radio on and listened to the announcer dude.

“The ongoing search for the sons of a wealthy business man, Tashio Takahashi goes on. Be on the look out for two silver haired men with gold eyes and good looks.” they looked at each other.

‘great father is having us sought out.’ InuYasha thought to himself. ‘he must have found out mother died.’ “What kind of freak show is this?”

“I don’t know. It’s just so odd that they are looking for silver haired men with gold eyes. I mean who has those color eyes?” Kagome said.

‘I do.’ InuYasha silently answered her. “I don’t know.” ‘what does father want now?’

“We’re almost there. Just a couple of blocks away.” Kagome said as a song finished playing.

“We have a tip that one of them was seen in a restaurant in downtown Tokyo. He was seen wearing glasses and a black wig.” the announcer dud said solemnly. “The witness failed to call at an earlier date. If you have any clues to the Takahashi boys whereabouts please call us at 1-800-673-4236.” another son came on.

“What a cornball.” InuYasha huffed as he turned the radio off.

“Isn’t your last name Takahashi?” Kagome asked making a connection.

“Do I look like I have silver hair and gold eyes?” he asked, “Plus this hair is real. Not a wig. I just have the same last name.”