InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Closer then just friends ❯ closer then just friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: HE HE HE I do own Inuyasha! He's locked in my basement tied to a Christmas tree HE HE HE. Oh yes, I no you don't like hearing this but hey I am willing to share, I don't want to but I will. The only reason I did this was to protect my beloved Inuyasha from that evil wench Kikyo! I have a lot of problems with that EVIL WENCH!!!!! anywho heres my story. ENJOY!! hope ya like it but please review or I wont write any more caz Ill think no one likes it okay and oh yeah please don't sew me because you'll only get my empty piggy bank ok.

_______chapter one: A good day to start off________

The alarm clock went off, kagome searched her night stand to turnoff the annoying sound of the beeping alarm.

"Is it 6:00 a.m. already, ooh I dread going to work, Miroku might try to spank me twenty-one times, that's what he did last year until Sango found him chasing me around my office screaming TWENTY MORE TIMES, she wasn't too happy about that one. "(hey if you don't understand why Miroku might chase Kagome around screaming "19 more times!" well its was her 21st birthday, and Miroku wanted to give her birthday spankings, just In case your a blonde like me and don't understand stuff very well, okay, hey and blondes do have more fun when there trying to figure out things, and then figure it out its great to be a natural blonde, okay back to the story. ;)

She got up out of bed went to her bathroom to do her daily fight with her hair, and because of the high dew point and humidity her hair frizzed up, it made her look like a poodle so she straitened it and wore it down. now that that was done. What to wear.

"Hmmm, skirt or pants?" she questioned herself out loud.

"You might want to wear pants, you'll probably have to run from Miroku again this year, " Souta said while walking into Kagomes room.

"Hey don't you know how to knock!?" she questioned loudly as took a pair of socks off her dresser and threw then at him. Souta automatically caught them and then threw them back at her.

"What should I wear?" she wined

"How should I no, I'm a guy, I get dressed in the dark," he joked "why don't you wear your blue Jean low rise and a regular T-shirt," he suggested.

"oh...okay...but."

"But what?"

"Well, my pants are in the wash, and all I have to wear is my black skirt."

"Okay then wear it."

"I would but its um...kinda short."

"So you can wear some flat shoes, that will make your legs look shorter but still nice, and the skirt a little longer right."

"Yeah I guess so, but what will I wear for tonight?"

"What's tonight?"

"Miroku and Sango are taking me out for my birthday, and speaking of my birthday what did you get me?"

"Uh....um....yeah right your birthday present, um....you cant have it till you get home, after work."

"What, did you do forget to get me something?"

"Umm.....NO.....yes, I'm sorry, I'm going to the mall right after you leave to go to work."

"The mall hmmm what could you get me at the mall? Could it be clothes? Or maybe its jewelry, or maybe......?"

"STOP! You wont find out till tonight."

"Fine....Fine." she said while grabbing her skirt and a black tank top that had a red roes on it. She walked pass her brother that looked like he was in deep thoughts, to her bathroom to change. When she came back out her purse, cell phone, keys, and her over shirt that was also black that zipped up in the front but just enough to zip up the red flower. " THANKS," she yelled as the ran down stairs and out the door.

"NO PROBLEM, BE SAFE AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Souta yelled back.

Kagome walked out to her car, unlocked the door and hopped in. This car happened to be a yellow Slug Bug, she started the car and backed off the drive way when she looked at the clock it had said ten after seven A.M. and she was going to be late.

"Oh no, twice this month! Miroku's gonna kill me for being late again!"

She arrived at work at 7:45 A.M., and as she walked threw the large wide doors of the very large building, she got two big warm hugs from her two best friends.

"Happy birthday Kagome!" Sango and Miroku said happily together.

"Oh.....Wow thanks for the welcoming, sorry I'm late."

"Wow....you look nice today!" Miroku complimented.

"Oh thanks."

"He would notice." Sango added, then the girls began to laugh.

"What?..... She does!"

"Kagome and Sango's laughs went on as they went their separate ways. Kagome walked into her small but roomy office and sat down in her new comfortable chair she had gotten form Naraku. A man who has asked Kagome out many times, but always been rejected. He had known Kagome since she was a freshman in high school. She was always to busy to date because she was getting her collage diploma before she graduated out of high school. She was only trying to find a job after high school and that's how she met Miroku and Sango. Here at composure magazine. Sango naturally a gossip queen, she was in Gossip lately and Miroku, Sports illustrated. Without them she would still be looking for a job. She hadn't dated threw high school. Like I said she was way to busy and still too busy to start. She sat at her desk looking at her lap top thinking to herself. ' Hmm...what should my how too article be about this week?' As she thought this Hojo came in and leaned on her desk.

"So Kagome I heard today's your birthday."

"Yup." She replied. Hojo was another, who also wanted to go out all the time but she always had excuses.

"Soooo Happy Birthday!"

"Oh thanks," 'wont this guy ever get a clue?' She thought to herself, putting on a fake smile.

"Yeah ... so how about I take you out to lunch."

"Oh.....um that would be great but I'm swamped with work. The don't give me a break just because its my birthday ya know!" She explained. He finally got that she couldn't at all wiggle herself out of work so he said his good-byes and left as Sango walked in and saw another very sad expression as he walked out.

"Why don't you just go out with the poor boy?"

"He's not my type at all!"

"Right, sweet, cute, kind, and has plenty of money. Oh yeah that's so totally not your type of a guy!"

"Hey you're making me feel bad and its my special 21st birthday how dare you!" she joked.

"Well, I'm worried about you, you haven't been on a date since, well....ever since you've been working here and you never said any thing about dating threw high school!"

"Well, I gust dot have much time for men!"

"Girls always should have time for men! How could you not?"

"Well, not this girl! I never have time!"

"Fine."

"What your giving up that easy!?"

"Nope,"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm telling Hojo you changed your mind and you would like to go out with him Monday."

"You wouldn't dare!"

"I would and I will!" Sango said, as she started to run out but ran right into Miroku's arms.

"So, What are you two beautiful ladies up to?" Miroku questioned, not yet letting go of Sango.

"Nothing!" both girls blurted out.

"Uhhh...huh," he said cockily, "anyway, Kagome it won't just be you, me and Sango."

"Well, why not Miroku?"

"My Dad just got married, again, and well their on their honeymoon, and I hope you don't mind, but my new step brother is bunking with me and I invited hi to come with us, tonight."

"Oh, I see, well okay, I don't mind."

"Soo.....we can have a double date," suggested and looked at Sango who was still in his arms."

"So, hentia, are you asking me out?"

"Well,......yes I am."

"Well, could you ask me without your hand on my butt!? Sango replied taking away the hand that was firmly attached to her behind and then tangling it with hers as she raised up on her tip toes and pecked at his lips.

"So, is that a yes?" the curiosity lingered in his voice. Sango nodded her head yes and kissed him again but, much longer.

"Get a room!" Kagome joked, but they paid no mind to her,

" Oh My Gosh, Miroku, your dad is right behind you!" Kagome pointed out behind them. They both turned around quickly to find an empty hall way.

"Funny, very funny!" Miroku said sarcastically.

"I thought so," Kagome said giggling, " good thing the boss wasn't really behind yall, cuz of the whole rule of no relation ships between coworkers huh!" ' Sango and Miroku and I have been like the best of friends since forever, Sango and Miroku have just starting to date and it was completely out of the question for a gossip lately lady and the bosses son form sports illustrated to date, especially because Miroku's dad still sees the sweet little girl named Sango, oh well, but how can they hide their feelings from his parents, but then again this is his Dads ninth time being married this year and nine marriages means, nine long honeymoons. That gives them more then plenty of time to get closer.' Kagome thought to herself while smiling at the kissing couple.

"Okay you guys, you really need to get back to work!" right when she said that a man came in his name tag said his name was Jay.

"Are you miss. Higurashi?"

"Um... Yes, how can I help you? Jay."

"Sign here please," he handed her papers and on the bottom said sign here. So she did. " Thank ya ma'am."

"Ooh what was I signing for?"

"These ma'am," when he said it, a man came in caring a vase with red roes' then another man came in caring came with a vase that had white roes' then a man came in carrying a purple vase. Unlike the others, they were clear. The man carried the vase to the table with the others the flowers were colorful daises and then another man came in with a vase with a mixture of all of the before flowers. She saw all of the flowers and almost fainted. She picked up the card that was in the last one, it read. 'I didn't no what kind of flowers you like so I got a variety. I hope you like. love always Naraku.'

"Uh...... Uh...... thanks Jay."

"Just doing my work ma' am." he said walking out of her office with all of the other men following.

"Wow! Kagome who are the from?" Sango Questioned.

"Um...... Naraku."

"Wow! The slime-ball really does have a heart, even if it is the size of a marble."

"Sango, that wasn't very nice, true, but not nice."

"So are kagome has yet another admirer."

"Sango..... I've known Naraku since like forever! It would be really weird if we went to gather. Plus his brother also has a really bad crush even after we had broken up."

"Kagome?"

"Yeah!"

"When?"

"Way before I met you and Sango."

"Middle school or high school?"

"Middle."

"Why didn't you ever tell me or even Sango?"

"Well, you never asked!"

"Oh, I guess that makes since!"

"Yup."

"So what is your new How Too?"

"Yeah, Kagome, I'm dieing to know!" Sango said in a really

girlie tone.

"Well, to tell you the truth I don't have one yet. I really don't know what to write about!" Kagome admitted honestly.

"Oh, well, I'm sure you'll think of something. You always do!" Miroku said kindly while giving Sango a last kiss and left. Out he walked without any last words."

"Yeah kagome, you always manage, but one thing you don't is this office. Its so.......so......plain. Sango admitted.

"What's plain?"

"Everything! Its been the same color for three years and you've only work for 2 1/2 years!"

"Well, the person before me must have liked it. I never really thought about it before, but maybe a change could be some fun right!"

"Right, Ill help you get this place looking Soo nice, with a little of your help."

"Oh, okay it'll give us something to do over this weekend."

"No problem, what are friends for?" Sango told Kagome as she got out of her chair and hugged Sango. (In a non fruity way okay, plus she's gona have Inuyasha soon she wouldn't want any on else, well I know I wouldn't! Would you?) " Soo......I hears that Inuyasha isn't that bad looking!"

"Who?"

"Miroku's stepbrother, his name is Inuyasha. I also heard he's a hanyou!"

"Oh really!"

"Yup, but him and his ex just broke up and well he didn't take it too well!"

"So he's sentimental, but, is he still in love with her? You really are a gossip Queen aren't you!"

"Yup that's me. Hey I'm sure could Inuyasha forget all about his ex girl!" Sango said in a sly voice nudging her a little with her elbow.

"Sango, as if, girl, oh my goodness I cant believe you just said that! You really know how to make someone blush!"

"I learn form the master! Miroku does it to me all the time!" They both started to giggle.

"Oh my gosh, I got to get going it already 2:47 P.M.! Time really does fly when were having fun! Kagome said while looking at the clock on her desk.

"Oh, okay wear something sexy."

"Oh yeah I'll be the hottest thing in the restaurant! I'll try may hardest okay. Kagome joked walking out the large front doors of her work just to run back in to see Sango holding out Kagomes purse, keys, and cellphone for her.

"Thanks, what would I do without you?" Kagome said while taking her stuff form her friend.

"Oh......I don't know, try to drive without keys ID which is in your purse and call home on your shoe to tell your gramps to unlock the doors for you!" Sango yelled sarcastically, watching Kagome walk out the large front doors again.

Kagome ran out to her car got in started the car, and started to back out of her parking place not noticing a Mustang flying past her almost causing a crash, all she could see was some silver hair flying out the window in the wind.