InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Collected Works ❯ Bargain ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Bargain
Author: LuxKen27
Genre: Drama
Universe: Canon
Rating: T
Warnings: A touch of sadness
Word Count: 200
Summary: Sesshoumaru weighs the consequences of Kagome’s bargain.

Author’s Note: Part of the “Allegiance” series (sequel to/continuation of ‘Repentance’).

Entry for: dokuga_contest [Sess/Kag] Drabble #22, “Lock”

Disclaimer: The Inuyasha concept, story, and characters are copyright Rumiko Takahashi and Viz Media.

~*~

“Tell me what happened to Rin.”

Sesshoumaru’s eyes shot open, locking onto the woman kneeling by his bedside. She gazed back at him steadily, her fingers warm and pliant as they kneaded his back with comforting strokes.

“That’s none of your concern,” he ground out, bracing himself for the onslaught of righteous indignation that he was certain would be her response. God, how he loathed being at the mercy of her unpredictable, ebbing emotions – !

Kagome was silent for a long moment, her eyes slipping down to her lap, though her soft stroking continued. “Isn’t it?” she finally replied, patience and determination clear in her tone as she addressed him. “We’ve made an oath to each other, and right now you’re suffering for it.”

Her voice broke, her fingers curling into his skin as she recollected herself, calm ultimately persevering. “You know my past, my secrets, my regrets,” she continued, leaning closer, looking up. “Grant me the same courtesy.”

He eyed her carefully. Her sudden, strange sense of tranquility raised his guard, but at the same time, her degree of control was soothing.

Maybe…

“My darling Sesshoumaru,” she whispered, clasping his hand. “Trust me. Help me. Let me help you.”