InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Collected Works ❯ Searching for Answers ( Chapter 49 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Searching for Answers
Author: LuxKen27
Genre: General
Universe: Canon
Rating: K+
Warnings: None
Word Count: 200
Summary: Kagome wonders if she’s truly made the right decision.

Author’s Note: Something of a sequel to “The Wrong Ending.” I have this story on the back burner to fully flesh out; that piece was the beginning – and this one is a scene close to the end. For those interested, “Indulgence” also belongs to this universe, as a moment from the middle.

Entry for: dokuga_contest [Sess/Kag] Drabble #29, “Rock”

Disclaimer: The Inuyasha concept, story, and characters are copyright Rumiko Takahashi and Viz Media.

~*~

Kagome sighed, gazing out at the sunset. “You’re sure?” she murmured.

“Hm.” Sesshoumaru raised a hand to quiet the rattling sword at his side. “Tessaiga is close.”

“And Inuyasha?”

He lifted his face to the breeze. “I don’t know.”

She nodded silently, looking away. So – it appeared they were at the end of their journey, one that started eight months ago when she finally broke through the time barrier. She had come back in search of her beloved Inuyasha, only to find him missing. Sesshoumaru then offered her a bargain – he would help her search for Inuyasha, on one condition: if they found him dead, she would help him break the binding spell on Tessaiga, thus allowing him to wield it without pain.

To be so close to an answer – she should’ve been happy. Instead…

She rocked back, studying her companion thoughtfully. Travelling with him had brought unexpected moments of joy and solace to an otherwise bittersweet quest. She’d seen sides of him that he hid from the world, and it was seriously making her think.

Did she truly still wish to find Inuyasha alive?

…or would she be content to spend the rest of her days in Sesshoumaru’s company?