InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Come Away With Me ❯ Stage Crew ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*Come Away With Me*~

Napea

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=986820&chapter=4< /div>

Wanna see a disclaimer? Go to the first chapter and leave me the hell alone.

Beta'd chapter will be up soon. So until then ignore my blatant mistakes.

~*~

Last Chapter: Kagome gave a small nod. "I don't want to repeat this but I want you to be there again. Not trying to force me to give you the Tetsusaiga but just to be there…for me--with me."

He didn't respond. He probably didn't know how to. How monumental…the taiyoukai Sesshoumaru was speechless.

…How frightening.

~*~

Sesshoumaru stared over at the barely moving girl; her even breathing signaling that she'd finally succumbed to sleep. He had felt the stirrings of worry pulling lightly at his stomach when she ceased breathing only for a millisecond but to him it felt like an eternity. Humans, he thought with an inward scoff but it did nothing to mask the elation he felt when she murmured his name in her sleep, idly wondering how he was depicted in her dreams.

When was it exactly? When had he cared if the girl had stopped breathing in her sleep or murmured his name in the sleepy confines of her mind? Racking his brain he paused and for once allowed the smile that threatened to appear reside on his face.

* * *

"I simply came to offer my aid, human. I am being generous, you should return the favor." Sesshoumaru resisted the smile that tugged at the corner of his lips as he watched the girl seethe.

"Generous?" She asked as evenly as she could but her temper got the better of her. "You pompous jerk! The only time we've ever even seen you it was when you were trying to kill Inuyasha! Now!?" She yelled, borderline frantic. "Now you want to play nice? We've done this well without you Sesshoumaru-sama and I'm sure we'll continue to be fine with out you."

"You, human, are incapable of accomplishing anything without my…brother." He strode closer to the seething girl-no woman, coming to stop inches away from her. "I would imagine you'd take help where ever you could find it. Or perhaps do anything to receive it." It was a low blow and he knew it as she reared back and glared.

"Go fuck yourself you over-grown mutt." She growled lowly and stormed away, her hair flowing behind her like a furious black cloud.

Gorgeous.

* * *

Sesshoumaru suppressed an urge to smile wider. So that was when…and it would never happen. It was all his fault and for the first time in his life he felt the stirrings of guilt beginning in his gut.

But he would do it again.

Because this time…this time she loved him.

She didn't have to say it, he could see it. He saw it when he was around her. How her aura would change. He'd seen it when he'd first met her as she defended Inuyasha. Her aura had changed, burning brighter. But he, Sesshoumaru, caused more violent shifts in her aura. She burned brighter than any time before.

But he knew she loved him. He could see it in the way she blushed when he touched her, the times she had called for him, when she was in pain or delirious. It needn't be said. Besides, when someone as great and powerful as Sesshoumaru so graciously bestowed their love upon someone then they should return the blessing.

Sesshoumaru snorted. Right. As if Kagome would ever see it that way, amusing as it would be.

Kagome. He turned to the girl who was now fully awake, a small smile playing on her lips, her eyes sparkling with amusement as she looked up at him. She almost frowned when his blank mask slipped back into place.

"How long have you been awake?" Sesshoumaru asked coldly.

Her smile grew slightly. "A little before your oh-so-elegant snort."

He looked away, his coldness fully in place. "You should go back to sleep." This time Kagome did frown and sat up to get a better look at him.

"Sesshoumaru…" She began softly, her eyes carefully watching the youkai over the flames.

"You needn't say anything Kagome." Her frown deepened more at this as she scooted closer to him.

"You're right, I don't need to. I have to." She paused, taking a chance to look down. "I-I've chosen. The thing is…I'm afraid." At this she scoffed. "The story of my life." She gave a bitter laugh then shot a nervous glance to her companion.

Again her eyes sought anything but him. "I had a dream-"

"I could tell." Sesshoumaru interjected half amused, smirking when she blushed.

"You - I didn't - Oh never mind, I don't want to know." She sighed in defeat then finally closed the last foot of space between them.

After a pregnant pause of awkward silence Sesshoumaru blessedly ended it. "And your dream?"

Again she blushed. "Oh…you probably don't want to know. Let's just say it helped me realize what was already there…what I already knew." Without thinking Kagome rested her head on his shoulder, not caring about the way he tensed up at the contact. "Do you remember what you said to me that day in the park?"

"I remember everything I said but I said much." Kagome frowned at his coldness as he reverted to his old self.

"You said; `People change, Kagome.'" Her mouth quirked slightly at the memory but faded and was replaced by a frowned. "I didn't want to believe you. I didn't want to believe you could be anything other than the jerk you usually were." He arched an elegant brow at her with amusement.

"But you were right. People do change…even you and especially me." Kagome smiled sadly. "I miss you when you're gone, you piss me off when you're here. But no matter how much you piss me off I seem to fall further and further."

"Fall?" He glanced down in time to catch her blush.

"You know what I mean." She said with a huff as he smirked. "When did you - I mean when you-" Sesshoumaru noticed with great amusement that she suddenly became very fascinated with her hands.

"When did I decide that you were mine?" Her blush deepened again but she nodded anyway. "I have told you already."

Kagome blinked. "You have?" He gave a slight nod. "I don't remember."

"Not surprising." She glared. "I am merely saying that when I told you there were more pressing things on your mind."

"Oh."

"And you?" He asked.

She sat up and smiled at him. "I have already told you."

It was going to be a long night.

~*~

Unearthly cold eyes, devoid of any kind of emotion stared out into an endless black sky. Things were going according to plan. Soon the hanyou would become suspicious of the little white girl and her secret plottings but she was not worried. It was all part of the plan. Soon the pieces would start falling into place.

But there was one wild-card. One thing the little white girl had not planned on: the love between the youkai and the miko. The miko was supposed to love the hanyou.

Kanna could work with this however. Their union would be even stronger than that of the hanyou and the miko. She still had doubts about their love though. If it weren't strong enough then all would surely be lost and that could cause a problem.

Kanna watched silently as the inu-youkai slipped out from the cave, the miko safely tucked in his pelt as he stole out into the night. She had definitely underestimated the youkai's love for the miko. It was times like these she was thankful for her control over her emotions. Worry would be the strongest at this moment. Envy as well.

She envied the youkai and his new love but more over she was surprised by it. Her spyings of the youkai lord long before Inuyasha was released from the tree told her that the brother was strong, emotionless, and not to suffer humans. Yet, he visited Inuyasha often as he slept for those long fifty years. Kanna had watched him stop in front of the old tree and it's occupant and stare at him, seemingly lost in thought.

He didn't stay long though. By the time his little toad youkai caught up with him he would complain about the stench of humans nearby and wander off…but he always came back.

So why now would he fall for a human? Why would he suffer that which he hated the most. It was common knowledge that the miko, Kagome, was no ordinary human but she was still human. She still had the short life-span, weaknesses, and still relied on the strong oblivious to her own strength.

Kanna proceeded out of the tree having given the youkai lord enough time and distance to not notice their follower. There was still so much to plan before anything would start.

~*~

Inuyasha paused in front of Goshinboku. The tree that held all too many memories…pleasant and terrible. Kagome told him once that the tree was apart of her family history. It had been witness to her parents marriage, her grandparent's marriage and hopefully someday hers.

He had told no one that he'd wished he would be the one she married. He was going to ask her in front of this tree someday when Naraku was gone and the shards had been collected. When they had nothing else to lose except each other…and he had lost her now.

Inuyasha bowed his head then looked one more time to Goshinboku. He still had to fight Naraku and save everyone. At least he could work for the future even if it was without her.

~*~

A/N Took me long enough didn't it? I'm really sorry! Honestly! Well next chapter should be a little more exciting I just needed to set up the stage a little. I promise I wont take so long next update!


Napea