InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Come Away With Me ❯ Take My Hand... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*Come Away With Me*~

Napea

Rumiko Takahashi owns Inuyasha-tachi not me.

~*~

Chapter Four: Take My Hand…

I turned expecting to be greeted by the warm golden sun…course not.

"Kyaah!" I jumped back quickly. No warm sun. Sesshoumaru's cold golden eyes peered at me. "Great googily moogily Sesshoumaru! How long have you been staring at me?"

His eyes narrowed a fraction. "I told you we'd be starting early."

"Yeah well…you could have knocked."

"This is my home." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Whatever. So what are we doing today?" Ah, there it was. That flicker of emotion behind those emotionless eyes. Annoyance.

"I believe I told you."

"Yeah, yeah, training, but what kind?" Something passed behind his eyes again that set off alarms in my head. I saw his hand lift gracefully then come flying towards me. I ducked just in time to see his claws shred the blankets where I had previously been located. "SHIT!"

Amusement twinkled in his eyes as I scrambled away from his frighteningly still form.

"What the hell is your problem?" I was panting for Gods know why. I jumped to the side as he came gliding past me and turned to make sure he wasn't going to throw any surprises at me.

"Get dressed. If you're not in the dinning room in half an hour I will come for you." With that last thought he left the room sliding the door shut behind him.

I had an urge to follow him and rip him a new one but he only gave me thirty minutes. "Jerk."

~*~

He gave me a whole of five minutes to eat when I finally graced him with my presence in the dinning hall. So I choked down breakfast and washed it down with rather hot tea. I bit my tongue to get the feeling back in it as Sesshoumaru stood.

"Don't make that face you look demented. Now come." He commanded. I frowned and spoke without thinking.

"You're the dog not me." I thoroughly regretted saying it when he turned back to me his eyes narrowed slightly.

"What?"

Well, can't back out now. Maybe I can still dodge him. "I'm not a dog; I don't come when you tell me too." His face went frighteningly calm.

"You will come when I tell you to." He stalked dangerously toward me with that deadly calm façade. "You will eat when I say, sleep when I say and I will hear no argument from you, bitch, or I'll make your son wish he'd never survived this long." He emphasized the bitch just to get a rise out of me. It was like he was asking for me to piss him off.

"Fuck you, fluffy." A slow malicious smirk marred the perfect calm of his face.

"I haven't said for you too…yet." His voice held none of the amusement that shone in his eyes. Gods why must I provoke him?

"You're never going to. You wouldn't want a lowly human like me right?" I tried my most innocent face on for size. The smirk on his face didn't even falter. I was starting to think he was thinking things he wasn't going to voice at the moment and that scared me.

"Come, bitch." I glared daggers at him and came to the conclusion that he was just trying to piss me off…but why?

I crossed my arms over my chest and stayed firmly planted to the place I stood.

"Come or I will drag to you to the training grounds." I huffed at him but stayed put. He didn't wait long till he came walking towards me. I eeped and dodged his arm that reached out to grab me. He frowned at me. "Come, now Kagome. I'll not fight you on this."

"What do you need me for anyway fluffy?"

"If you come with me now and start training, I will tell you tonight after dinner." I blinked at him. He just compromised. Had the world stopped turning and someone forgot to tell me? The great youkai Sesshoumaru just compromised?

My mind clouded and I nodded dumbly, in agreement. Again he headed out of the dinning hall but this time I followed.

~*~

The training grounds were huge. There was a mini-track, a pool, some stuffed dummies for smacking around and lots of other stuff spread out across lush green lands. It was gorgeous to look at and it would have been even better if all the training stuff weren't there. Sesshoumaru led me around pointing out certain things, giving explanations and quick instructions on certain machines.

"Over there is where you can practice your archery. I trust you've not gone rusty from lack of use?" I frowned at him.

"I can still shoot an arrow, but that's pretty much all I can do."

"I expected as much." Again I shot him a glare but he ignored it. He pointed over to a small building. "That is the weight and supply room. There you will find your desired weapons and any other tools you may need." He gestured to another building. "There are the restrooms, equipped with showers."

I frowned again. I was going to get lost in this place I could see it now. He handed me a bow then gestured to the open ground around us.

"Here we fight." My frown deepened at his comment and I looked around.

"Huh?"

"Here, in this open area is where we spar." My eyes widened.

"Oh."

"Now, prepare." He said suddenly.

"For what?" Before I could blink he was headed toward me, his claws out. "Kyaah!" I dodged away just in time for him to catch the sleeve of my shirt.

"You run well, wench but you need to learn to defend yourself. Now defend yourself." This time he came gliding toward me quicker. Before I could think I smacked his hands away with the bow in my hands. Sesshoumaru flinched slightly then regained his footing.

"Good, now fight back. Do not just defend." My eyes widened. He really wanted me to fight him. Egads…

~*~

As the day progressed so did I. I moved from a bow to my hands and feet then to a sword. Sesshoumaru never complimented me but I could tell I was impressing him. He finally let me go clean up when a servant announced that dinner was ready. When I got out of the shower I put on a pair of jeans and a green tank top then headed downstairs. When I entered the dinning room Sesshoumaru and Shippou both looked me up and down. Shippou however was the first to comment.

"Those jeans are kinda low aren't they?" I sighed.

"They're low-rise jeans what do you expect." I shot back rather irritatedly. He smirked at me.

"You never wore anything like that back then. If you did I think Inuyasha would have dropped Kikyou in a second. I think Kouga'd like it too." I shot him a half-hearted glare.

"Yeah, yeah." I assumed my spot next to Sesshoumaru and across from Shippou. It was just really odd seeing Shippou look my age. He wasn't the little kit I knew anymore.

I shot Sesshoumaru a glare that said "Say something and die" or "If you have ANYTHING to say keep it to yourself." All I got was a graceful shrug from him.

The rest of dinner went on that way. Someone would bring something up and I'd give them the "Drop it or die" look. When the meal was finished Shippou excused himself and I followed Sesshoumaru into the library. I sat down on the couch while he took the chair and stared at him.

"Well." I said, trying to get him to talk.

"Well what?"

"You said you'd explain what you want from me after I trained." I said, half huffing at his annoyingness.

"Oh, did I?" He tried to sound as if he didn't remember.

"Fluffy…" My voice was low with warning.

"Relax, woman. I have brought you here for many reasons but the one that will make the most sense to you is rather complicated." I frowned at him.

"Can't be that complicated. What is it?"

"I want you to bring me the Tetsusaiga." I frowned deeper.

"You have the Tetsusaiga, Sesshoumaru. It's in that case over there." I pointed to the museum like case in the far corner but his eyes never left mine.

"I mean I want you to bring it to me in the past." I blinked at him.

"Huh?"

"I want you to remove the seal from the Tetsusaiga in that case, take it back to the past and give it to me there."

I gaped. "You're kidding right?" But nothing in his face gave away anything. He was being serious. "If I did that it would alter the now." He gave a slight nod.

"Exactly."

"You want me to make it so you can wield the Tetsusaiga and take it back to the Sengoku Jidai?" Again he nodded. "That would change everything." I paused, thinking. "When exactly in the Sengoku Jidai do you want me to give it to you?"

His eyes hardened. "Before Inuyasha acquires it."

I pressed a hand to my forehead and chanted. "Oh gods, oh gods, oh gods. You want me to change the past, to betray Inuyasha for you to get that wretched sword. That's why you want me trained. You want me to survive long enough to give you the sword."

I peered at him from behind my hand to see him give a slight nod. "You do know that this can't work."

"Oh?" He asked blankly. I nodded.

"Two things can't exist in the same time. If the Tetsusaiga's already there I can't bring that one, who knows what will happen."

"It is a risk I'm willing to take."

"I'm not. You're going to use it to kill Inuyasha when I give it to you. I won't let you."

"Inuyasha is already dead. He's been dead for five hundred years." His voice sounded bored and that only pissed me off more.

"I won't do it. I won't let you change the past."

"Shippou…" It was just one word but it held more meaning. He was threatening him.

"You don't even know if it will work. I don't know how to break the seal and I don't even know if I can go back! The Shikon no Tama hasn't been active since I came back."

"If you care for the kitsune's welfare then you will try anyway." He leaned forward, that dangerous look on his face. "If you do not even try then the kit will suffer. The more you disobey me the more he suffers. Do this bitch or I'll make sure he begs for the death I will deny him." I gulped. Gods he wasn't kidding.

"I can't promise anything." I said quietly.

"But it is possible, I've researched it." I gave a shaky nod.

"Okay, I'll try."

~*~

TBC…

Wow it's about damn time I updated ne? Anyhoozles do you understand what he's asking of her? If not then email me and I'll explain it.

Kudos to anyone who can guess my alter ego! I write under another pen name can you guess which one? ^_~

!!!Important!!!

I've decided to divide this into a two parter. The next Chapter will be the last of this part and probably rather short but I'll have the first chapter of the next part up at the same time. Also in the second part I'm going to change POV to third person omniscient so we can see into not only Kagome's mind, but also Sesshoumaru's and anyone else that comes along.

Chapter Five: Kagome and Sesshoumaru finish her training and make their way to the old well and something unexpected happens…

See ya next chapter!

Napea