InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Come Away With Me ❯ Come What May... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*Come Away With Me*~

Napea

Rumiko Takahashi owns Inuyasha-tachi not me.

Don't get too comfy with how the story's going cuz it's about to get twist!!!

~*~

Chapter Three: Come What May…

Sesshoumaru's guest bedroom was nice. Well that's an understatement. It was gorgeous. There was a huge canopy bed in the middle of a Victorian style room surrounded by few choice paintings, a vanity here and there and a door to the left and one to the right. The door to the left was a gigantic walk in closet. The door to the right…I have no idea.

The bed was comfortable but I only took up about a fourth of it. I probably would have slept like a baby on it if I had tried a few years ago. After I came back from the Sengoku Jidai I've found it hard to sleep on anything softer than the earth. All those nights sleeping in a bag on a forest ground or on the floor of Kaede's hut finally took their toll on me. Lately I've ended up sleeping on the floor next to my bed.

Tonight, though, I decided to explore. No one else would be up at this ungodly hour so I could roam freely. First curiosity? The door to the right. I bit back an evil laugh as I sneakily padded toward the door. Something about this house made me feel young, like a little child again.

I grasped the doorknob and slowly turned it, wincing slightly as it clicked. I was hoping it wouldn't make a noise. With the same slowness I opened the door away from me, hoping it wouldn't creek. When it was open enough for me to slip through I entered and started padding through the dark room. Suddenly soft lights filled the room causing me to blink.

A room…a bedroom that is. With a bed. And a person on the bed. That person being my host.

"AH! Gomen Sesshoumaru!" I quickly turned and headed toward the door but ran into the Sesshoumaru that was just on the bed. Damn that demon speed. I pushed away from him suddenly and looked up.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, rather rudely might I add. I frowned.

"Excuse me, I just was curious."

"You'll live longer if you do not allow your curiosity to get the better of you." My eyebrows rose in slight surprise but more like disbelief.

"Is that a threat?" His eyes narrowed slightly.

"No. It is a promise." We glared at each other for a heartbeat until I smiled causing his eyes to narrow more.

"Now that's the Sesshoumaru I remember." His cool mask covered his face again.

"I have not changed that much." He frowned. Geez is he always this crabby when he wakes up?

"Au contraire. You were not the Sesshoumaru I remembered at dinner." Again he frowned.

"Well expect me to be the way I was from here on out." It was my turn to frown. "I have extended my curtsies to you but my patience isn't unlimited." I let the words sink in for a moment then scoffed.

"You haven't changed at all you overgrown mutt." I stepped to the side to get past him but he countered.

"You're right, wench, I haven't and if you do not show me the respect due to me then you will be punished." I gaped. What the hell happened to the nice guy from dinner? Where the hell did he go? I'd rather deal with him right now. I took a few steps back until I was nearer to the bed and further away from him.

"Are you always this grumpy when people interrupt your beauty sleep?" I asked angrily as his eyes narrowed a fraction. "By all means, go back to bed. Maybe you wont be such an ass!"

"Are you always this rude? Here I thought you were different from other humans but I must have been mistaken. You're no better than the rest." My eyebrows shot up again.

"That's cuz I am human moron. Honestly, and I thought you were a decent guy but noooo. Kagome and her infinite wisdom was wrong again. First Inuyasha, now you. I swear you two are too much alike. Must have come from your father's side." A frightening calm settled over his face.

My senses were screaming 'Danger! Danger! You pissed him off! Danger!' Before I could think of something to appease him he was stalking toward me and all my thoughts froze. I tried to back up but only found the bed. I moved until the bed wasn't behind me anymore and tripped on the rug.

Somehow I managed to land on my knees and my eyes shot up to the demon stalking nearer.

"Sesshoumaru…" Before I could blink he had me pinned to the ground with my arms over my head.

"You are in my house, wench. You will show me respect. Do you understand?" I stared wide-eyed at him for a moment then an uncontrollable smile tugged at my mouth. I could see the anger flare in his eyes as he watched me smile at him. Needless to say it wasn't a friendly smile.

"Did you know that the first time I met Inuyasha he tried to kill me? The first time I met you, you were trying to kill Inuyasha and tried to kill me cuz I got in the way. Did your father try to kill your mother or Inuyasha's mother before he decided to mate them?" His free hand was suddenly at my throat but I didn't flinch.

"Wench…" His voice was low and warning me not to continue.

"Inuyasha tried to kill me but I still loved him. I would have died for him, almost did a few times. Some of those times I would have died to protect him from you. I hated you, Sesshoumaru. I hated what you did to Inuyasha." His grip on my throat lightened slightly.

"When you joined us to fight Naraku I thought, maybe, just maybe, you might be likable. When you fought Naraku by our side your strength was commendable. If I had stayed, and Inuyasha would have lived, I would have gotten used to you." A single tear slid down my cheek. "How could Shippou trust you? How in the seven hells could he have stayed with you all this time? Tomorrow I leave and so does Shippou." Something passes behind his eyes.

"The kit is not your concern."

"I'm his mother. He is my concern."

"We have a contract." His words caught me by surprise.

"What?" A triumphant look donned his face.

"When you agreed to intern me you signed the paperwork. You belong to me for a year." I froze. Wait a minute!

"You said that was just to reserve a spot for me for the interning." The corner of his mouth twitched up slightly. "You lied." It was more a statement than an exclamation.

"Very good. You learn quickly."

"I'll take you to court if you don't let us go."

"You have a choice here Kagome. You can leave but the kit stays under my oh so tender care or you stay fulfill your contract and the kit doesn't get hurt."

"You wouldn't."

"Try me." I glared up at him and felt a huge urge to beat the shit out of him. If only he hadn't pinned me down.

"Damn you Sesshoumaru. It was all a front wasn't it? Dinner, the nice guy act? It was a front to get me to sign the papers to bind me to you."

"Again with the quick learning." Now I had the insane urge to bite his nose. It was the only thing I could do with my hands and feet otherwise preoccupied. Besides I saw Mel Gibson do it in a movie once so why couldn't I?

"Again with the I HATE YOU!" I sighed heavily. "Fine, asshole. I'll stay but if you lay a finger on Shippou I'll kill you and believe me I'll have no qualms about doing it. I wont even hesitate." Again triumph passed over his eyes.

"Good. Now get some sleep we start training early tomorrow morning." He let me up, stood and offered me a hand. I batted it away and stood on my own.

"What do you mean training?" Another frighteningly calm mask. Oh Gods.

"You will see."

~*~

TBC…

Told ya it was twisty. He was up to something the entire time! That's why he was out of character. Sorry for the twist it's just the way I had this planned out from the beginning and I love making twists ^_^ Well at least Sess is more in character! Anyhoozles see ya next chapter.

BTW: I have a update notification list up and taking email addy's if you want me to email you when I update. http://www.angelfire.com/sk3/sesskag/cawmupdate.htm Thanks to Meamiko for letting me put that on her webpage!

For FanFic the address doesn't show here but It's in my profile and the link even works! Amazing!