InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Come To Me ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Come to Me
 
Chapter 2
 
By ~alilangel
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or characters.
 
A/n by popular demand here is the second chapter to Come to Me. This will be made into a full story as that's what everyone wanted so I hope you enjoy!
 
Kagome took one last look around and felt her eyes tear up once again. She choked back a sob before leaping into the well heading 500 years into the future. She landed at the bottom of the well and slowly climbed up the ladder. She had to get under control otherwise her okaa-san would want to know what was wrong and that was something that she couldn't handle.
 
As she entered her house her little brother came running up.
 
“HeyKagome!Didyoufightanycoolmonsters?Didyoukillanyofthem?W here'sInuyasha?Ishhecoming soon?Huhhuh?” Souta asked in one breath. Kagome's eyes teared up at the mention of Inuyasha's name and ignoring her brothers' questions ran up to her room and collapsed on the bed.
 
Her heart felt like it had been ripped from her chest and cut into little pieces and then stomped on. How could she have been so stupid as to fall for him? All he had ever done was hurt her and yet she still fell in love with him. She knew that he would always' love Kikyo no matter what and still she had fallen for him. “Kagome no baka,” she muttered to herself before starting to cry all over again.
 
Kagome's okaa-san found her on her bed clutching a pillow to her chest in a death-grip and sobs shaking her form. Her heart tightened in pain at seeing her baby in so much pain. Doing the only thing she could she went over to Kagome and gathered her in her arms running her hands through her hair and making shushing sounds in an attempt to calm her. Kagome's sobs soon became sniffles and then she finally fell into an exhausted sleep still in her mothers arms and that's where she stayed the entire night.
 
Kagome woke to the sound of her alarm beeping. She reached over and turned it off still feeling extremely tired. She went into her bathroom to get ready for school hoping that it would take her mind off of Inuyasha and gasped at her reflection.
 
Her hair hung limply around her shoulders with no shine to it and there were tear tracks under eyes. Her eyes were still puffy from all the crying that she had done and her face was very pale. Overall she looked sickly. She quickly turned from the sight as she heard Inuyasha's voice in her head saying that Kikyo was more pretty than she was and that she could never match up to her. She had had enough.
 
Rushing through her shower and getting dressed for school as fast as she could hoping that she would get to school before her friends arrived so she wouldn't have to answer any questions that they would have.
 
Kagome let out a sigh of relief at getting to school early at not seeing her friends but cringed when she heard a familiar voice.
 
“Konnichiwa Higurashi.”
 
Kagome turned and had a slight smile on her face that didn't reach her eyes as she faced Hojo. “Morning Hojo.”
 
“Should you be out of bed Higurashi? You do not look well at all. Are you feeling alright?” he asked searching her face for any signs of illness.
 
“Hai Hojo I am fine. Arigato for your concern but I really must be going. Sayonara,” she muttered before running off to her locker.
 
Kagome sat through all her classes in a daze. If the earth was to end she probably wouldn't have even noticed. After school she ran to her locker as fast as she could to grab her books before heading home. Her friends knew something was wrong, but thankfully she had managed to dodge them all day. She shut her locker door and turned to leave for home when she found herself looking into the concerned faces of Ayame, Eri, and Yume.
 
“Kagome-chan are you feeling alright? Is your bronchitis all cleared up?” Eri asked trying to figure out what was wrong with her friend.
 
“Hai you guys I'm fine just tired. Gomen nesai guys but I can't stay I have to get home and help my okaa-san. Sayonara guys,” she answered solemnly. Couldn't she ever get a break? The looked at her in what could be described as pity and let her leave with farewells of “hope you feel better” and “call us.”
 
Kagome walked home unaware of her surroundings. She kept playing the scene over in her head. The look of surprise on his face and then the pity that she had seen. Then those words “I'm sorry Kagome but Kikyo is the only one that holds my heart, there's just no room for you except as maybe a friend.” Was she really that unlovable? Why would he go for someone dead and full of hate? She felt tears in her eyes once again blurring her vision. She burst into a run heading for home hoping to get away from her plaguing thoughts.
 
She reached her door before collapsing on the steps once again crying. That how her mom found her yet again. She was able to get Kagome in the house and changed into pajamas and into her bed. She sat with her daughter stroking Kagome's hair, silently crying along with her, praying that her daughter would have strength. She knew what had happened and unfortunately it was all necessary. She just wished the pain was not necessary. She tucked her daughter in to bed when she fell asleep like she used to do when she was eight and left the room to make a phone call letting them know that it was time.