InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of Two Hearts ❯ Calendar Girl ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. I just enjoy making them play with each other.
 
This was written for the FirstTweak community at LiveJournal “Calendar” Oneshot (301 words or more) challenge.
 
Title: Calendar Girl
Genres: Humor, Romance, a bit Hentai
Pairing: InuYasha/Kagome
Rating: T
Word Count: 732
Warnings: Language and sexual situations
Summary: Some activities just aren't as much fun as they used to be.
 
 
 
Calendar Girl
 
InuYasha was seriously pissed. He had things to do. He was right in the middle of making improvements to the hut he'd built for Kagome when a damn youkai attacked him. The stupid thing had come looking for the Shikon no Tama, which had been purified out of existence. As it was, the inuhanyou had been surprised because most of the lower youkai such as this had been lured in by Naraku when the whole jewel was in his possession, and like everything else, he'd used them up until there were none left. The few that survived Naraku had been purified by Kagome when she fried the evil hanyou's ass right before Sesshomaru went after him with Bakusaiga, and then InuYasha sent him to hell with the Meidou of Black Tessaiga. In addition to that, this thing's jyaki was so weak that InuYasha had not even felt it before it was almost on top of him. In fact, if it hadn't of attacked him, he would have felt sorry for it.
 
“InuYasha! Will you hurry up with that! It's time!” Kagome came out and yelled up at him.
 
“If you don't want me covered in youkai guts, then I suggest you get your bow and purify it with an arrow!” the annoyed hanyou shouted back. “Otherwise, you're going to have to wait for me to wash up!”
 
“Men!” Kagome exclaimed as she ran inside and grabbed her bow and quiver. Slinging the sheath of arrows over her shoulder, she pulled one out and nocked it in her bow as soon as she was outside. She had to run a little further from their hut. “Careful, InuYasha! I don't want to hit you and purify anything important!” she shouted up at him.
 
InuYasha had wrangled the serpentine creature around the neck, and its tail was flailing around, knocking chunks off of the roof he'd been working so hard on. Its face started to turn a deep purplish green as he strangled it in pure frustration. “Just shoot already, will you!”
 
With a huff, Kagome loosed the arrow and it hit the mark, turning the struggling demon to dust.
 
The hanyou stood on the roof and surveyed the damage. “Fucking youkai! Now I have to redo all of that.”
 
“Do it later. Hurry up and get in here!” she ordered. “We're supposed to do this now!”
 
InuYasha jumped off of the roof and followed his wife into the hut. She was already stripping out of her clothing and he was doing the same. She practically leaped on the futon, and he moved over her to set about the task at hand.
 
 
“How many more days of this?” he asked her later as they lay together with her tucked into his side.
 
“According to the calendar, for the next three, but I have to take my temperature, too. Looking at everything Mama gave me, this was the perfect day and basal body temperature to conceive a son. She swears it's the way they had Souta,” Kagome stated.
 
The hanyou sighed. “You know I've told you I don't care if we have a boy or a girl.”
 
Kagome traced a pattern of circles on his hardened chest. “I know, but I always wished I'd had a big brother. I'd like to have a boy first, and then a girl.”
 
“You know, it was a lot more fun when it was more…” InuYasha's voice trailed away as he searched for the right word.
 
“Spontaneous?” Kagome asked.
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow.
 
“More natural, impulsive, unplanned?” she clarified.
 
“Yeah, that. It was a lot more fun when we just decided we wanted to do it - in the river, in the tree, in the meadow, on the futon - you know, wherever we were. Your calendar and that thing you take your temperature with takes all of the fun out of it.”
 
Kagome giggled. “You don't like having to perform at a moment's notice?”
 
InuYasha suddenly was over her and looking at her with a smirk and a predatory gleam in his eyes. “It depends on whose moment. My turn.”
 
Her giggle turned to a moan as his lips crashed down on hers. When he allowed her up for air, she whispered, “Spontaneous is good. I'll ditch the thermometer.”
 
“Good,” the hanyou replied before he captured her lips again.
 
`But I'm keeping the calendar,' she thought as they started round two.