InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of Two Hearts ❯ Oh, For the Love of... ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. I just enjoy making them play with each other.
 
AN: This was written for the IYCaptions Community at LiveJournal. This was week one, and the requirement was 250 words or more. For this challenge community, they give you a picture and then you write your fic from it. The one for the very first challenge is at http://cowgirlem.deviantart.com/art/Human-InuYasha-And-Kagome- fin-4806183 . They do have permission from the artist to use her artwork.
 
 
Title:Oh, For the Love of…
Rating: R
Genre: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Language
AU/Canon: Canon
Pairing: InuYasha/Kagome
Words: 727
Summary: A certain hanyou really needs to stop jumping to conclusions.

Oh, For the Love of…
Kagome had barely made it down the steep staircase from the shrine to the street when she unexpectedly found herself being forced against the wall at the bottom. She gasped when her eyes met those of her attacker - those deep violet, almost black, eyes framed by a mane of wild and untamed ebony hair. A blush started to cross her cheeks as she forced herself to hold eye contact. “InuYasha?”
 
“Don't think I don't know where you're going, what you're going to do,” he practically snarled. It was amazing how he could still growl with human vocal chords.
 
“You do?” she asked and then stopped herself. Why was he so angry? It didn't make any sense at all.
 
The hanyou turned human for the evening still had her pressed firmly against the wall. “You think because I'm mortal tonight and weak, that I won't be able to follow you - that I won't know where you've gone.”
 
The miko raised her hands and settled them loosely at his waist. He looked so angry, so intense, so… jealous? “InuYasha, where exactly did you think I was going?”
 
The still livid young man in red wrapped his clawless hands around her wrists and forced her hands back to her own side. “I heard you earlier. Those girls called and you're going to see that fucking Houjou guy.”
 
The wheels started turning in Kagome's head. Apparently he'd overheard part of the conversation but not all of it. He'd missed the part where she turned them down. Still, who did he think he was… “So what if I am!” she retorted angrily. “It's not like I belong to you!”
 
“Yes, you do!” InuYasha practically screamed, and then he abruptly turned her loose and turned away. `Shit, I can't believe I said that out loud.'
 
“InuYasha?” Her voice was soft, and she reached forward to gently grab his hand. “Did you mean that?”
 
He refused to turn around and look at her. “Keh.”
 
“Is that a `yes' keh or a `no' keh?” she pressed.
 
Instead of answering, he pulled his hand free and crossed his arms in front of him. “You were right, I don't fucking own you. Forget it.”
 
“But what if I don't want to?”
 
“You're supposed to go see that Houjou guy. Go on, see if I fucking care.” InuYasha was staring up at the sky, or what little of it there was to see from the street.
 
“InuYasha,” she said as she moved in front of him. “That's not where I was going.”
 
“So…” He finally looked down at her, and she couldn't miss the sadness in his eyes.
 
“It was supposed to be a surprise, but you might as well come along since you've ruined it.” Kagome tugged at his arm until he finally pulled it out of his sleeve. Taking his hand once again, she led him towards her intended destination.
 
“What is this place?” InuYasha asked as he looked at the fairly new structure that he did not recall having seen before.
 
“They make Ramen, InuYasha. This is where I was coming. It was going to be my thank you for letting me come back for Souta's birthday without fighting. I didn't realize there was going to be no moon tonight, though. I don't blame you for being mad at me. I'm sorry.”
 
“You didn't know?”
 
“No, InuYasha. I had no idea. I don't get to come back often enough to keep up with the moon phases here. I'm sorry you had to go through this twice in the same week.” Kagome looked at the ground. She really didn't blame him for being upset.
 
“So what flavors do they have?”
 
She looked up to see InuYasha staring at the stand. “You're not mad?”
 
He shook his head. “Keh. And the squirt was really happy you got to come back.”
 
Kagome couldn't help but to giggle.
 
“What?” he asked in that tone of voice that told her he was getting annoyed again.
 
“You still haven't told me if that was a `yes' keh or a `no' keh.” She met his eyes again, searching them.
 
“No, I'm not mad - at least not anymore.” His cheeks were getting a little more flushed, too.
 
She leaned in and whispered, “That wasn't the question.” She straightened back up. “Do you want some Ramen?”
 
“Yes.”
 
Kagome grinned. “But that was the right answer.”