InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Confetti ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~*~*~ano………yeah………about the last chapter………I know it wasn't that great, but hey I tried. Like I said it was short and cut halfway between of the flashback becuz I was tryin to get it up on fanfiction.net before web sense was up again. So gomen again. I will try to make my other chapters longer, cuz I HATE short chapters. Okay so neway, on with the chapter!~*~*~*~

Confetti

Chapter 2

~*~*~*~Sesshoumaru's POV still~*~*~*~

`At least she addressed me with respect' I thought.

"I have come to get the Tetsusaiga" I replied.

They both sighed and Kagome rolled her eyes. I was angered at such disrespect displayed towards me. `How dare they! I am Sesshoumaru, Taiyoukai of the Western Lands; they are to address me with utmost respect! But instead they act as if I'm not a threat. How insulting! Don't they care that I could slit their throats at any moment?' I was interrupted out of my thoughts when I heard her speak.

"Oh is that all? And I thought it was going to be important! Oh well, can't expect more from you. (AN: Whoa that's kinda harsh don't cha think?) Anyways Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha (I could not help but notice a bit of bitterness in her voice as she said his name. I ask her about it later) is not here. So you couldn't get the Tetsusaiga anyway." And with that she walked away from me.

`HOW DARE SHE TALK TO ME THAT WAY!!' I thought. I REALLY should kill her and her kit on the spot for that! But strangely as much as my mind was telling me to kill her, my heart was not agreeing. Actually, for some reason my heart was telling me to kiss her or hold her in my arms or something. `WHAT THE FREAKING HELL! How can I think that?! It doesn't make any sense! I decided to not kill her but just act like I'm angry, and *not* act on my feelings; gods that would be embarrassing.

"Wench!" I called after her.

She stopped momentarily, probably because of the emotion in voice, (*gasp* emotion!) but then continued on her way, not bothering to acknowledge me.

"Miko………" I said in a seductively low voice.

This time she stopped altogether and turned to face me; a bit of hardness in her eyes.

"Shippo, go back to the village and go get my pack ready for me in the hut okay? I'll be there in a sec'"

The kit looked at me apprehensively and then to his mother with a look worry in his eyes, but nodded all the same and raced away to the village.

"Okay first of all Sesshoumaru, before we talk business, please address me as Kagome. That is my name, so use it."

Again with the defiance. Kagome has no idea what that does that me. "Fine, *Kagome*. I want to know where Inuyasha is."

A look of sadness came into her eyes and aura. "Inuyasha is off with his walking corpse Kikyou most likely."

I was a little shocked at her reply. `Wasn't she his mate? If she was then that hanyou had less brains than I thought, and absolutely no honor.' I was getting angry at this. I decided to voice my thought.

"Aren't you his mate?"

Her aura flared with anger and hate, and also a tinge of sadness. "NO I AM NOT THAT BAKA'S MATE!"

I flinched at her tone of voice. She noticed my pain and calmed down; all of her anger and hate and sadness vanished, and was replaced with concern. `She's concerned? About me? Nobody had showed concern for me since my mother………'

"Sesshoumaru? Gomen nesai for hurting your ears. I just hate that stupid baka hanyou."

`What? She hated him? What happened for her to make her hate him? (AN: okay, Sesshy is being a little dumb there………) maybe we can form some sort of alliance………'

"It's okay Kagome. Demo, what happened to make you hate him so much?"

"I caught him pledging his love to Kikyou and denying his friendship with me. And then he promised Kikyou that he would kill me later and give her back her soul………" she trailed off.

`How dare he do that Kagome!' I thought with fury. My hands clenched at my side and shook with my not-so-hidden anger. Kagome once again noticed my emotions.

"Sesshou-?"

"Kagome would you like me to help you get revenge or at least protect you from that pathetic half-breed?" I asked while cutting her off.

Her eyes widened in shock at my question. "Ano………sure………"

`Great!' I thought. "Okay then" I said, masking my excitement, and then I walked off towards my castle.

"MATTE!! Where are you going?"

"I will come to get you in a few days" I assured her.

"Okay! Ano, then I'm going home for a few days too. I'll be waiting at the Bone-Eater well in three days okay?"

I raised an eyebrow at her. "You live at the well?" I knew that was absurd but I had to ask anyway; just to be sure.

She blushed and quickly said, "NO! I um………let's see, how to explain this………" she drew her brows together in concentration and put a hand to her chin.

"I guess I could just show him………" I heard her say under her breath.

"I *can* hear you, you know."

She looked up at me and formed her mouth in the `oh' shape but otherwise stayed silent and unmoving.

Since she wasn't saying anything I asked, "Show me what?"

"My home." She replied simply. "Oh but first, I need to go back to the village and get my kit and my pack. Is that okay with you?"

I nodded and she got a great big smile on her face. Then she walked off and motioned for me to follow. I decided that it would take to long to reach the village by walking, so I walked up behind her and grabbed her around the waist, earning a startled squeak from her, and flew off towards the village.

"Sesshoumaru! What the HELL are you doing??!!"

"Walking takes too long, and I am anxious to see your `home'."

"Oh" was all she said.

When we got to the village, she ran out of my embrace, to my disappointment, and into the hut. I heard an `OKAA-SAN!' and some other words that were low and muffled so that I couldn't hear. Then about a minute later, she came back out of the hut with her kit on one of her shoulders and a humungous yellow pack slung over her other shoulder. As soon as the kit caught sight of me, he hid himself in her hair and whispered into her ear.

"Mommy, what is he doing here?"

"He is going to come with us sweetie."

"Nani?! But he'll probably kill everybody in your time!"

I wondered what he meant when he said `time'. I once again voiced my thoughts.

"What do you mean `time'?" I said slowly.

"Okay Sesshoumaru, I'll tell you; but you probably won't believe me."

"Continue."

"Well, you see, I live 500 years in the future. The Bone-Eater well is the portal between times. If you jump in with a jewel shard or hold on to me, you can go to the future too."

I could tell she was watching for my reaction; to see if I believed her or not. Instead of saying if I did or didn't believe her, I asked, "What did your kit mean when he said, `I'll mean I would kill everybody there'?"

"In the future, Sesshoumaru, there are only humans, LOTS of them too. I don't believe there are any youkai left in my time. If there are, they are in hiding."

`There are no youkai left in the future?! That cannot be possible! I will really have to go see this now!'

"Kagome, I will accompany you to your time. I wish to see if you are lying or not. I also wish to see the improvements in technology and such. I promise that I will not kill any humans."

She sighed, "Alright! C'mon then, lets get to the well!" I nodded and picked her up and flew off towards the well.

~*~*~*~

Okay that's it for that chapter! Yay I love this story! Especially how I have NO grammar mistakes, nice big words and funny, and some of my Japanese vocabulary! So I will be posting next chapter soon! Watch out for it! Okay buh-bye!