InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Counting the Days till Valentine's ❯ Six Days ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Shinku Katana does not own Inuyasha or any of the characters or elements from the series. The original character Mikomi and the plot are owned by Shinku Katana.

 

-------

 

COUNTING THE DAYS TILL VALENTINE'S

 

By Shinku Katana

 

Genre: Romance/Mystery

 

Rating: PG

 

Six Days

 

-------

 

Sango squealed when Kagome recalled the gift and the poem she had received the evening before. Kagome winced visibly at the high pitched squeal that was almost sure to give her a headache for the next couple of hours. Sango blushed slightly for she never really showed that much excitement towards anything, even towards her obsession with sports.

 

Kagome had woken up to the annoying tone of her phone, thanks to her best friend. Sango had called at seven am -something Kagome wasn't too happy about on a Sunday morning- and announced that she needed a new dress for the big Valentine's Day Dance on the coming Saturday. Kagome had agreed but grumbled about needing her beauty sleep. So now she found herself once again at the same mall but this time looking at all of the dresses that Sango approved of.

 

They were at a shop called, "Dominique's Boutique" when Kagome told her about last night. Sango found her voice after a few minutes and said, "That guy sounds so romantic! I wish I've gotten something like that."

 

"What about Miroku? You know that guy who asked you out to the dance let's see . . ." Kagome pretended to count her fingers, "approximately twenty-four hours ago. Don't tell me you've forgotten him already?" she teased.

 

Sango blushed at the mention of Miroku. He was an upperclassman, a junior at their school, who she had a crush on since last year when they met at one of the girls' basketball games. Sango was the captain of the basketball game two years in a row and became the first freshman at their school to be voted the Most Valuable Player. Miroku and Sango met when he had congratulated her on another win for their school . . . and groped her. Miroku had left with a bruised cheek and lecherous smile on his face while Sango had left with a red face and an angry posture. Since then almost every time Sango encountered with Miroku -although Kagome told her millions of times and she did not like to admit it- she actually enjoyed the attention Miroku gave her. But sometimes in couldn't hurt him to be LESS attentive, literally.

 

"No, I haven't forgotten him. It's just that I'm not comfortable with him groping me all the time," Sango retorted back.

 

Kagome laughed. "Yeah right. You enjoy them!"

 

Sango huffed. "I do not."

 

"Do too."

 

"Do not."

 

"Do too."

 

"Do not."

 

"Do not."

 

"Do too."

 

"Hah! You said you do enjoy it." Kagome fell into another heap of giggles.

 

". . ." Sango looked dumbfounded.

 

Kagome wiped the tears from her face. "Sango that's the oldest trick in the book. I can't believe you fell for it!"

 

"Ha ha ha. It's so funny I forgot to laugh," Sango said with a playful scowl.

 

"Hey come on. You still have to find a dress," Kagome reminded her friend as they scanned through the dresses in the shop.

 

Neither of them were avid shoppers so when they go shopping, they go all out. REALLY go all out. The main purpose of them being there may be to look for a new dress for Sango but that didn't mean that they couldn't shop for anything else.

 

"You girls and your clothes. Just how obsessed are you?"

 

The girls turned around at the voice that was spoken with no mockery but friendliness.

 

"Hey Hojo, how's it going?" Sango said momentarily stopping her browsing through the shelves. Kagome greeted Hojo as well.

 

"Nothing much. Just looking for a scarf," he replied, running one hand through his black hair.

 

Sango smirked. "In a WOMEN'S clothing shop?"

 

Hojo blushed bright red. "I'm not buying a scarf for ME," he protested, embarrassed, while Sango was chuckling. He straightened, the blush not leaving his face and continued, "It's for a girl I like."

 

Kagome's eyes quickly flew to his. Suddenly the conversation seemed so much more interesting. Hojo had liked Kagome more than a friend and had made his intentions very clear to her. Up until a month ago, she had never had the courage to tell him that she only liked him as a friend and nothing more. He was devastated when she had finally told him but he seemed to accept that fact. Now that he liked another girl, Kagome was happy for him. He must have gotten over her . . .

 

Kagome asked Hojo, "So who's the lucky girl?"

 

Hojo now pretty much resembled a ripe tomato. "I'll rather not say." Seeing that Kagome was not going to give up so easily, he said quickly, "I'll see ya girls later," and practically ran out of the store.

 

Sango laughed. "I think you scared him away."

 

Kagome smirked. "He would probably never leave until I do. One of my many talents."

 

They resumed their shopping and finally after four hours of looking and trying out clothes, they found the perfect dress for Sango.

 

As they walked out of the mall, Sango asked, "Hey Kagome why didn't you buy a dress for the dance?"

 

"I'm not going."

 

Sango stopped walking as they arrived at the bus stop. "What! Why? I know that guys asked you to the dance so why not go?"

 

Kagome sighed. "I don't know. I guess I don't want to make those guys think that they've got a chance with me when I only like them as friends . . ."

 

"So? Just go to the dance as friends. Come on Kagome it won't be the same without you," Sango pleaded.

 

Kagome hated that look. "Fine Sango. I'll go."

 

Sango's face brightened like a light bulb. "That's the spirit Kagome! We'll have so much fun!" Her voice dropped as they stepped onto the bus. "Maybe your secret admirer would ask you."

 

Kagome blushed slightly at her best friend's comment. It was barely visible but Sango caught it and grinned.

 

Since Sango was waiting for the results of her driving test and Kagome was not old enough yet to take it, they had to take the bus home. They separated ways then Kagome walked the rest of the way to the shrine.

 

A surprise awaited Kagome as soon as she arrived home. Once again, a gift was on her doorstep. This time it was a beautiful bouquet of white roses forming a ring around yellow roses towards the inside, the yellow roses surrounded a single red rose in the centre. A note was attached to the bouquet, again written in beautiful calligraphy. It said:

 

~The white roses represent the purity and the childhood innocence in your aura that I sense.
The yellow roses represent the friendship you offered me.
The red rose represents the love I have for you.
I love you, Kagome~

 

-------