InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Counting the Days till Valentine's ❯ One Day ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Shinku Katana does not own Inuyasha or any of the characters or elements from the series. The original character Mikomi and the plot are owned by Shinku Katana.

 

-------

 

COUNTING THE DAYS TILL VALENTINE'S

 

By Shinku Katana

 

Genre: Romance/Mystery

 

Rating: PG

 

One Day

 

-------

 

Friday. The last day of the week before freedom. Until Monday that is.

 

It was also the day before Valentine's Day.

 

As much as Kagome tried to, she couldn't stop fidgeting with anticipation. Who WAS her secret admirer? Did she like him? How would he meet her? At the dance? Would he come pick her up?

 

`Arrgghhh!' Kagome screamed in her mind. All this waiting was driving her nuts. And she was supposed to be the calm and collected one.

 

All week Kouga, Sesshoumaru, Hojo and Inuyasha had been acting a bit strangely, unnerving her even further.

 

Come to think of it, she hadn't even seen Kouga ever since he asked her to go to the dance with him. Was he avoiding her?

 

She was thinking this as she walked to her locker from history class, wanting to put some of her stuff away before lunch. To her surprise, Kouga was leaning against her locker. He looked as much as the rebel as he did a few days ago. His deep blue eyes revealed none of the emotions that Kagome was expected him to have. In fact she had never seen him look like that. He had always been up front with his feelings.

 

Kouga's gaze turned to her as she approached him. She could make nothing except for the seriousness in his voice as he spoke.

 

"We need to talk, Kagome."

 

She pretended to be innocent. "What about?" she said in a confused tone.

 

Kouga sighed. "I'm serious Kagome. Please hear me out."

 

"I'm listening." She gave him her full attention.

 

When he asked her to go to the dance with him, he had expected that she would accept, thinking that she would rather go out with somebody she knew rather than some guy who liked her. Kouga liked her. He REALLY liked her. She had asked him to stop calling her `his woman' but he was persistent. He thought that she would see that he liked her and give him a chance. But when he got rejected. . . let's just say that it was a big blow. He had taken it well, he knew. He just walked away and made her think that he didn't care. In reality, he was disappointed, angry and hurt. What surprised him was that he wasn't as hurt as he thought he would be. Within a day, he had accepted the fact that Kagome already gotten a date for the dance. He had avoided her to think things through. He thought that he liked her more than a friend would and he still did.

 

He finally asked the question that had been bothering him so much.

 

"Kagome, why are you going out with him? You don't even know him! What if he hurts you?" Kouga held her hand in his, not taking his eyes off her bluish-gray ones.

 

Up until he brought it up, through all the excitement, Kagome had NEVER even thought the possibility of her secret admirer hurting her. He didn't sound like the type but like the old saying goes, `appearances can be deceiving'.

 

"Kouga I appreciate your concern for me but I AM curious to know who had been admiring me in secret. And I HAVE taken self-defense classes so I CAN take care of myself."

 

Kouga didn't look convinced but he said, "Ok I trust you Kagome, but you know that if you get in any trouble, I'm always willing to help." He paused. "Kagome I still don't understand why you didn't want to go with me."

 

"There's nothing wrong with going out with you as friends," Kagome replied. "But he did ask me first and I knew that you wanted me to go as your girlfriend or something. . ." To her discomfort, Kouga raised his eyes hopefully.

 

"However I only like you as a friend would, nothing more. You know that." Kagome hoped that he wouldn't be too devastated.

 

Kouga swallowed but then smirked. "I guess I could live with that. But you know Kagome that I will always care for you right?"

 

"I will always care for you too. Thanks for understanding." Kagome was relieved. They shared a brief hug. Kouga was reluctant to let her go but did just the same.

 

Kagome suddenly had an idea. "Hey Kouga! Do you have a date for the dance?"

 

Kouga raised an eyebrow, curious. "No. Why Kagome?"

 

Kagome smiled. "What about asking Ayame? Wasn't she saying how she'd love to go out and I quote, `the most hunkalicious guy in the school'." Kagome had to contain her laughter when Kouga groaned.

 

"You mean the gossip queen? Oh brother." Kouga made such a funny face that Kagome had to at least chuckle.

 

"Come on Kouga. Make her dreams come true."

 

"Making her nightmares come true would be a good idea. . ."

 

"Kouga!"

 

They shared a good laugh, Kagome, relieved that Kouga was back to his old self as a friend and Kouga, who had truly cheered up.

 

They waved goodbye as Kagome got her stuff from her locker and Kouga went to the cafeteria. Neither had noticed the person who had seen their actions, but had not been close enough to hear what had been spoken.

 

-------

 

The volleyball game after school was fast approaching. Kagome had seen Sesshoumaru's face just before the game. It was downright intimidating! He said that they will win against one of the toughest teams in the district with so much confidence that Kagome truly believed that they could do it.

 

Now Kagome, Sango and Miroku sat in one of the closest seats to the action. The game would start in a few minutes. The audience was eagerly waiting.

 

Inuyasha waved to Kagome from his position as the starting server.

 

Finally the game begun.

 

Inuyasha knocked the volleyball clear over to the other side of the net. A player from the other team returned the serve but didn't expect Sesshoumaru to spike it back so quickly. After a few more points for their team, finally their opponents had a chance to put their team in front.

 

The server on the other team proved to be formidable but the double team of Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha was impressive indeed. One of their players bumped the ball to Sesshoumaru, who volleyed the ball to Inuyasha, he hitting the ball with so much strength that the other team's their first instinct was to avoid it and they did. They quickly learned that the other team played like this so they composed themselves as best as they could.

 

Kagome cheered for both Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru as they took shots. For some odd reason, she believed that they had heard her through the screams and cheers from the crowd when each took quick glances at her direction from time to time.

 

For the rest of the game, the other team had returned some of the balls and had shown much skill in the sport. Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru had volleyed, bumped and spiked the ball and on occasion worked together. It was obvious as to who the strongest players were. In the end, they had won with about twice as many points as the other team.

 

Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha were congratulated by their teammates. They had fared well also and together they seemed unstoppable.

 

When the crowd filed out to leave the gym, Kagome somehow managed to get separated from her friends, so she went with the crowd outside. As she waited for her friends she spotted Hojo, who waved and came to her.

 

"Hey Kagome! Yes! Our team is the best!"

 

"Yep we're the victors."

 

Hojo's smile became a nervous expression.

 

"Umm Kagome I have something important to tell you, so. . . I'll call you tomorrow ok?" Without waiting for her answer, he turned and jogged away.

 

"Huh?" Kagome was confused. What did he want to talk to her about? Why did he leave so quickly?

 

Just then Sango, Miroku, Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru caught her attention, forcing her out of her thoughts.

 

-------

 

Kagome got of Inuyasha's Porsche. He had so kindly gave her a ride home after she said goodbye to everyone else. She thanked him and started up the stairs to the shrine. Honestly, she had the ridiculous idea of putting an elevator here so she didn't have to walk up the hundreds of steps every day just to get home.

 

Just as before, she found a present at her doorstep. She went to her room and sat down on her bed, opened the jewellery box. Inside, there was a silver bracelet with little crescent moons dangling from it. She gasped. It was just beautiful. Although she never wore jewellery to begin with, she did know what piece of jewellery was expensive. Once again she felt guilty for accepting such a gift. There was a small letter inside as well. It read:

 

~Kagome,
I hope you didn't change you mind about going to the dance with me.
Tomorrow all you have to do is just wait in your house at six.
I'll arrange everything so don't worry. You'll see me at the dance.
I guarantee that it will be unforgettable.
Don't forget that I love you Kagome.
I'm your valentine. . . will you let me be yours?~

`This guy sure has a way with words,' she thought.

 

As she thought about tomorrow and all the events that were going to happen, two questions stuck out.

 

One: Who WAS her secret admirer? And

 

Two: What DID Hojo wanted to talk to her about?

 

-------

 

Whoo! That was a bit tiring. Anyways the BIG FINALE is coming up! I've separated the Valentine's Day into two chapters because it's gonna be way too long. The first part will consist of the events before the dance and the second part is the dance itself. I'm pretty sure I can get the first part posted by tomorrow (Valentine's Day) but the second part is VERY LONG so I'm not sure if it will be posted by Valentine's Day. It may be a little late. If so I apologize in advance for that. We'll see how it goes. Explanations will be given later on regarding what happened in earlier chapters so just be patient.

 

Here are the responses:

 

Fanfiction.net

 

silentslayer, Shadow006, Battousi Girl, c-dog, AmayaSaria, kaggierain: Thanks for your support!

 

Yamia-chan: Let's see if you will win the bet or not, shall we?

 

hey: I'm very analistic as well and trust me, I noticed those details and they were done on purpose I assure you. I'm not bashing Kikyo actually. I just needed someone to be evil and it's all too easy to make her the bad guy. I don't like her but I don't hate her either. Anyway Kikyo's not too nice in this story and I planned to make her that way.

 

LuckyInu17: No problem. I'll email you the parts you missed when I'm done.

 

Mediaminer.org

 

Black Foxxy: I'm sorry but you'll just have to wait. Don't worry, it won't be long.

 

So far most people seem to think the secret admirer is Inuyasha. Some people think it's Sesshoumaru. A few people think it's Hojo. Still no guesses for Kouga. We'll see who the secret admirer is VERY soon.

 

Just for your information, I KNEW who the secret admirer was from the beginning. I didn't just think of who it was now or yesterday. So I WAS trying to give details that may or may not have supported your guesses from the beginning of the story.

 

Also I'm not so sure if I should write a sequel, an epilogue or maybe just leave the ending as it will be. Please tell me which one you would like.

 

Until next time,

 

Shinku Katana