InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Counting the Days till Valentine's ❯ Two Days ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Shinku Katana does not own Inuyasha or any of the characters or elements from the series. The original character Mikomi and the plot are owned by Shinku Katana.

 

-------

 

COUNTING THE DAYS TILL VALENTINE'S

 

By Shinku Katana

 

Genre: Romance/Mystery

 

Rating: PG

 

Two Days

 

-------

 

Kagome sighed as she made her way to her first class after band practice. She was still thinking about the secret admirer ordeal. That morning she had found another gift from her mystery man on her doorstep. This time it was a flower hair clip. It was a purple lilac with sparkles directed towards the centre. The message, again written in calligraphy had said:

 

~Kagome,
This lilac reminded me of you.
I see you as a delicate but surprisingly strong person, many times displaying your inner strength.
I love the way you put people in their place.
You are not afraid of saying the truth.
You intrigued me from the moment that we've met.
It won't be too long now my love.
I'll meet you soon. ~

 

It wasn't that she didn't appreciate the gifts that her secret admirer sent her. She was unnerved by the fact that he was spending so much money on her and she had done nothing for him in return. He had asked for her love, but how could she love somebody she didn't know? She wasn't in love with anybody as far as she was concerned, was she?

 

Kagome knew that he was being romantic with the way he wrote. She was touched by his words, but she not the type of girl to fall head over heels immediately for someone just because he admired her. From his letters, she also could tell he was a passionate and thoughtful person, even if he may hide it when he was around other people. He certainly had to know quite a bit about her. He knew that she loved historical fiction, flowers -she loved the colors that flowers seemed to capture-, and the fact that she liked poetry. He even seemed to be a little desperate, wanting her to love him as much as he loved her.

 

She couldn't forget her morals though. It was no secret that she didn't want to have a boyfriend just for the purpose of showing that she had one. She didn't want to be someone, like Kikyo, who toyed with their boyfriend and dumped him because the fun was no longer there. She wanted to at least like him enough to give him a chance. Personally she preferred for her future boyfriend to be friends with her first and fall in love with him and he with her in time. Kagome didn't believe in `love at first sight' simply because you don't know anything about the other person by sight alone other than physical appearances. She couldn't understand how somebody could fall in love so quickly. To her, that wasn't real love at all. People have come to respect her for her down-to-earth personality.

 

Kagome was so lost in thought that she failed to hear Sango as she sat down next to her friend.

 

"Hello? Earth to Kagome!" Sango waved her hands in front of her friend's face to snap her out of her stupor.

 

"Huh?" Kagome was jerked out of musing.

 

"About time, daydreamer. Thinking about your secret admirer?" Sango gave her a knowing grin.

 

Yuki, who was also in the class, joined their conversation. "Come on Sango. It's so obvious. Her eyes were practically glowing."

 

"My eyes weren't glowing!" Kagome protested.

 

"So you admit that you were thinking about your mystery man?" Yuki teased.

 

"Ok. So I admit. I was thinking about him."

 

"I knew it."

 

"Give the girl a prize."

 

Sango cut in. "Kagome, do you have any idea who your admirer is yet." Yuki was curious too so both of the girls waited anxiously for Kagome's answer.

 

"I don't really know Sango. Out of all the guys I know, only Inuyasha, Hojo, Sesshoumaru or Kouga could have sent me those gifts. But other than that I'm not so sure." She deliberately kept from her friends that she thought that the secret admirer was either Inuyasha or Hojo or maybe possibly Sesshoumaru. Kouga was still a possibility but it seemed to her that he was unlikely to be the guy sending her those presents. Kagome didn't want to tell her friends just yet, for fear of them trying to set her up with one of them. She loved Sango and Yuki like sisters but honestly, they could get on her nerves sometimes.

 

"What a guy. He's so mysterious, yet romantic." Yuki sighed dreamily.

 

Kagome raised an eyebrow with a grin. "Do you have somebody you like that you neglected to tell your friends about?"

 

Yuki blushed and Sango and Kagome laughed.

 

Luckily for Yuki, she didn't have to answer the question because at that moment, the bell rang and the teacher started lecturing.

 

Ahh saved by the bell.

 

-------

 

Kagome had noticed that Kikyo was trying to avoid her for a while. Normally they would have exchanged a look of disgust at each other at gym but the other girl had avoided her look and turned the other way. It was fine for Kagome; she didn't feel like dealing with her best friend's ex-girlfriend now.

 

After gym class, Kagome ran through the halls to art class, having taken too much time in the showers in the locker room. She bumped into somebody along the way.

 

"I'm sorry. Are you all right?" Kagome asked.

 

"I'm ok. It's not your fault." Kagome found herself looking at the new student. She had seen him at lunch a couple times. He had long ebony hair, a tall and intimidating frame, a pale and handsome face and the darkest crimson eyes she had ever seen. In short, he had freaked her out when she had first seen him but she didn't judge him by his appearance.

 

But that didn't mean he didn't still frighten her a bit.

 

Kagome tried to keep her gaze as best as she could and said, "Well then I'll see ya later." She quickly left after he gave her one of his cold smiles. The smile made him look so. . . evil, that was the best way to put it.

 

-------

 

The hallways were eerily quiet since the students were in their last class of the day. Save two.

 

Kikyo was walking towards janitor's closet where another figure waited for her inside. She closed the door, making sure that they wouldn't be heard in the darkness.

 

"So Kikyo, you've made it."

 

She brushed her hand to the side. "So I skipped geography. Big deal. Who needs to draw maps?"

 

"So to what do I owe you of your presence?"

 

"I want you to do something for me. Do you know Kagome?"

 

"The girl who had been receiving gifts all week? Yeah I just bumped into her."

 

"Well I want you to. . ." There she whispered her plan to him.

 

"That is so evil. I like it," he said in a seductive voice. "But what would you give me if I do?"

 

Kikyo put her hands around his neck while his hands clasped behind her waist.

 

"Anything you want, Naraku," she purred.

 

-------

 

Inuyasha got a sudden chill. He could never explain it but sometimes he could feel something nagging at him just before something went wrong, no matter how big or small it may be. Call it instinct if you will.

 

It was after school and he was practicing for his upcoming volleyball game tomorrow after school. So here he was, in the gym with his teammates, spiking the ball as one of them threw a ball from the other side of the net.

 

Sesshoumaru was here as well.

 

When Inuyasha first tried out for the team, he had no idea that Sesshoumaru had tried out as well. Being a sophomore, Inuyasha was supposed to be in the junior team, but because of his strength and agility, he ended up being in the senior team, the same team as Sesshoumaru, who was the captain. It was amazing really how they were forced to cooperate with one another and so far they had never quarreled at the games. Their coach didn't tolerate misbehavior. The brothers played well together and were the best players on the team. It was surprising why they never got along.

 

As usual Sesshoumaru ignored his younger brother and continued to knock every ball hard on the floor on the opposite side of the net. It had become a silent competition for them to show off their skills, trying to best one another, with Sesshoumaru usually being the victorious.

 

Today was no exception when practice was over.

 

Inuyasha couldn't ignore the feeling in his stomach as he left. What he didn't know was that Sesshoumaru had the same feeling.

 

-------

 

You like? Anyway here are the responses.

 

Email:

 

Stacey Swarts: I would like to thank you again for your wonderful response. It was a very thought out and I appreciated all the evidence to support your guess.

 

Bonnie: Oh I don't know about that. I know I put a lot of twists in this story. So let's just see. . .

 

Mediaminer.org:

 

V, inuyasha nsi, Kouga_girl, , katierose, Kellie, lizardbreth: Thank you so much for loving my fic!

 

Vagabond: for some reason very few ppl thought it was Sess before I posted ch 5 but it could be another twist or not. Lol.

 

Kaichan: I can tell you right now that I don't really mind who ends up with Kagome although I DO have preferences. And sometimes I just like to try writing a coupling. You'll just have to see.

 

Fanfiction.net

 

Silver Goddess 1, jdls, Cait The Bloody Rose, kawaii-syaoran713, Metrion, inudragon21, koinu-no-ai, wigwasawigamig, amy, siyuri, Shin1, Mani-Chan, sakura, Lil' Angel Aj, Princess Missa, roshy77, jrtxluverx4life, Kaye, Death's essence, blackbelt katie, MoonGodess2, Metrion, MistRider, Demongirl6381, tessie-fanfic, Jochnap, Katsumi Leostar, Scorpio Angel 3000: Thanks for your support!

 

KitsuneNeko: Hey didn't I give clues throughout the fic? Lol. I love adding new twists to this story.

 

Pasta Head: If it was someone Kagome doesn't know then what's the point of this fic anyways? Remember that the secret admirer had written that he had her friendship so he knows her.

 

LuckyInu17: If you want, I can email the rest of the fic. I guess you could tell that I couldn't finish the whole thing today. Please tell me though.

 

Yamia-chan: I don't have a valentine's either which is why I'm sitting at home writing I suppose. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind writing. Did you notice what Kagome thought about having a boyfriend? Those are my thoughts as well. I don't want a boyfriend JUST for the sake of having one. For now I'm just content with being single. I call it being independent.

 

mylehia: I loved your idea for the dress but I already had an idea for it. Sorry. You know a lot of ppl think it's Inuyasha but I'm not gonna say anything until it's time.

 

Guardian-of-the-night: Well let's just see if you right or not. I'm not really into stories with a modern setting either. I've always thought it didn't seem quite right for the characters to be in the twenty-first century. Also I thought I would suck at writing a high school fic since I don't really see how romantic could be in it as much as in the feudal era.

 

Thank you so much reviewers and readers! Read and review!

 

Later,

 

Shinku Katana