InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crazy 4 U ❯ Conversations and a Can of Cherry Coke ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - I own Inuyasha. Suck on that creeps.

Summary - Kagome talks with a guy over the net, who just happens to be Inuyasha! After a sudden change in her life she runs away, only to meet up with him. They don't have any idea that they know each other. This outta be interesting . . .

Chapter 1 - Conversations and A Can of Cherry Coke

Kagome Higurashi leaned over and pushed the dark blue button that turned on her computer. Waiting for it to boot up, she stroked her cat's soft, patched fur before moving some of her homework (which she knew she would never do) over to the side of her mahogany desk. Kagome sipped her can of cherry coke noisily until her AIM finally loaded unto her slow-ass computer. A rush of relief flooded over her when she saw him on her buddy list, patiently waiting there for her. After failing two major exams that day and a horrible after-school job, she really needed to talk to someone.

Her roommate was off on her nightly activities, which Kagome REALLY didn't want to know about, leaving the dorm empty and all to Kagome for the night. Clothes lay everywhere (bedposts, lamps, dressers, etc.) and empty chip bags (Fritos, Tostitos, Cheetos, and the rest of the "itos" family) littered the floor. The room smelt like nail polish and the yellowing paint was peeling off the walls. Kagome's word for it would be "icky."

Turning her gaze back to her glowing computer screen, she realized that he was already talking to her. Moving her calico off of the keys, Kagome started to confide in him.

DarkWolf523: Sup?

CherryBlossomBabe14 (Kagome): the usual

DarkWolf523: lemme guess . . . failed tests & bad day in the workplace

CherryBlossomBabe14: u said it

CherryBlossomBabe14: so wat up w/u?

DarkWolf523: nm ((this means "not much" not "never mind" ^_^))

CherryBlossomBabe14: Tats good 4 u

DarkWolf523: i know

DarkWolf523: wat u doin?

CherryBlossomBabe14: eatin

DarkWof523: wow

DarkWolf523: that should b in the news - girl eats

CherryBlossomBabe14: it IS important u know

CherryBlossomBabe14: wat u doin

DarkWolf523: eatin

CherryBlossomBabe14: wat?

DarkWolf523: food

CherryBlossomBabe14: wat kind?

DarkWolf523: well hello miss nosey

DarkWolf523: a taco and a cherry coke

CherryBlossomBabe14: i LUV cherry coke

CherryBlossomBabe14: I drinkin 1 rite now

DarkWolf523: tats good 4 u

CherryBlossomBabe14: wat crawled up ur @$$ and died?

DarkWolf523: actually . . .

CherryBlossomBabe14: i really didn't wanna know

DarkWolf523: very funny

DarkWolf523: so how's college life? -gags-

CherryBlossomBabe14: fine -smacks u over the head-

CherryBlossomBabe14: cept i gonna get kicked out if i don't bring up the grades

DarkWolf523: . . . .

DarkWolf523: so bring up the grades

DarkWolf523: i aint in skool and i know tat

CherryBlossomBabe14: -sighs-

CherryBlossomBabe14: it's hard . . .

DarkWolf523: it's skool

CherryBlossomBabe14: yeah . . .

CherryBlossomBabe14: gtg

CherryBlossomBabe14: luv ya ^_^

DarkWolf523: bye babe *0*

Kagome then shut her AIM window down and began to type a report on the Civil War ((what an oxymoron, ne?)) for her history teacher who smelled like tuna . . .

***

On the other side of Tokyo, a man with dark black hair sat at his computer, his deep violet eyes glued to the screen. A German Shepard lay at his feet. The dog kept a steady gaze on his master before getting fed-up with waiting and sat up while tilting his head to the side. He had "the look" in his eyes. His raven-haired master looked down at him and gave him a smirk.

"Alright dog, let's get ya somethin' to eat," he said and, on his way to the kitchen, threw out his empty can of cherry cola.

Putting some kibble into a stainless steel bowl, the long-haired guy pushed a button on his answering machine. Listening to the messages and setting the dog's food down on the floor, he picked up a hacky sac and started to kick it around. The messages were all people he didn't know, like solicitors and businessmen trying to hire him for some "odds n' ends" job. But he suddenly stopped when he heard her voice, letting the bean sack fall to the ground with a small thud.

Her voice rang out on the recording, just as he had remembered it from so long ago. Sweet, yet sad, but she never missed a beat when she left him that message. He remembered how beautiful and elegant she was, graceful in almost anything she did. His dog, however, growled deep in its throat, also remembering the demon lady who had forced his master to let up on the yummy treats he'd always received for just being a dog.

Though, the man walked closer to the machine, as if hoping to hear something that he hadn't heard before as he played the message over again.

"Inuyasha . . . it's me . . . Kikyo . . ."

^_^

WHY DOES KIKYO ALWAYS HAVE TO RUIN IT???!!! I hate her bunches but, she makes the story have a little twist if you know what I mean.

Send me whatever. Flames will be used to burn Kikyo . . . again.

Review or flame . . . wait . . . why am I encouraging you to flame my story?

July 11, 2004: This is the revised version of the fic: Crazy 4 u written on January 5, 2003

I hope that you enjoyed the newer version of this story. More detail has been added, along with better punctuation and grammar. And, maybe more of a plot? I doubt it, but maybe. I will keep as much of this story as I can in tact! Thanks for reading!