InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crazy 4 U ❯ Influenza ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - Here's the question . . . If I owned Inuyasha, would I be writing a FANfiction? Heh, never thought about that . . . DID you, you losers?
 
 
 
 
Author's Note - And I'm updating once again for your enjoyment. I hope that you do find some type of happiness in the fact that I updated because this chapter is cute and nice and you'll enjoy it. But the one after that . . . well . . . just read this chapter and be happy people.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter 11 - Influenza
 
 
 
 
When Kagome awoke later that evening, it was still raining and thundering and all that good stuff that happens during a storm. Through the large window before her, she could just barely make out the skyline of Tokyo in the distance, almost unnoticeable because of the heavy sheets of rain that were pouring down upon the city. Kagome watched from the comfort of the couch as the wonder of nature continued to wreck havoc outside; she jumped however, when a large piece of hail (about the size of a football) collided with the large bay window that she was gazing so lazily out of. And, fearing for her life, she got off her lazy ass and ran away from the non-shatterproof glass.
 
Fearing for her life made Kagome hungry and she decided that she would go and see how much damage she could do in the kitchen. Kagome padded into the kitchen quietly, not wanting to seem like a major pig for wanting a midnight snack. Seriously, she had just met Inuyasha! And, he was letting her stay at his house . . . for a while anyways and being so kind . . . the last thing she wanted was to eat him out of house and home! How rude would that be?!
 
But of course, a hungry stomach has more over conscious mind and she opened the door to his majorly huge, kick-ass, stainless steel refrigerator. What he didn't know couldn't hurt him, right? But can you imagine that he had nothing to eat? She would have thought that a man who had such a nice, expensive refrigerator would at least have FOOD in it. She snorted angrily and closed the door to the fridge that had about the ENTIRE grocery store packed into it.
 
She jumped up onto one of the counters and sat there for a minute. Then she jumped down and went back over to the couch again. A large crack of thunder made her run from the couch across the living room and into the den. She sat there for a moment, looking at all the books and papers and stuff in the bookshelves. Kagome played with a little crystal thing on the desk for a minute before plopping down in a very large black leather wheelie chair that sat in front of the big grey desk. She spun around a couple times until she got dizzy and then looked at his computer and waved at her reflection in the monitor before going back to her very attention deficit-ish exploration. Getting bored was really easy for her because nothing held her attention for more than like, five seconds.
 
((As you can obviously see from her actions . . . does this sound like anyone at home? Do any other people out there do this but me when they know they should be sitting down and writing but can't get enough motivation??? Wow . . . I am weird after all . . .))
 
She looked around the desk and saw some pictures littering the surface along with various pieces of, what appeared to be, computer parts. Kagome moved the lot of micro-thingers over to one side and looked closely at one photo and noticed that it was a picture of Miroku and Sango next door. The picture was probably taken during some vacation, because in the background there was a beautiful beach and palm trees everywhere. She noticed that the couple looked younger, yet still as happy as when she had first met them. Well . . . Sango wasn't all that happy earlier that morning but . . .
 
Kagome looked at another one and saw that it was a photograph of Miroku, Sango, and Inuyasha all at a baseball game. And then there was another one of the three of them outside of a Wal-Mart. She didn't get it . . . ((but she will later . . . does anyone remember?))
 
Kagome browsed through a couple more, noticing that a couple of them were of Inuyasha shaking hands with big-time corporation owners like the CEO of Sony, the Chairman of Hitachi, and the president of Mitsubishi. Another one of Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango sitting in lawn chairs on a beach with the two men who made the APPLE computers. Also, a smaller photo that portrayed Inuyasha and a young, dark-haired women standing together in front of a fountain dressed in formal attire.
 
Then there was one of Rin and some other good-looking guy sitting at a nice table at the Coffee Bean. And in the background you could see the very angry face of, who appeared be, Sesshoumaru. Kagome picked it up to get a better look at it, but in doing so made a small slip of paper fall from behind the frame and onto the desk. She set the picture down next to her and opened the paper.
 
She realized then that it was an old black and white photograph. Kagome looked and saw that there were six children and a German Shepard sitting on the edge of a dock. It was a Halloween picture; all the kids were in costumes. The oldest girl was dressed in an ice skating uniform; the girl beside her in a smart-looking suit was holding an apple in one hand and a ruler in the other. Two small boys stood with their arms around each other, one dressed as a police officer and the other as a doctor. Another smaller boy stood next to them, posing in his Superman outfit. A baby sat on the ground dressed as a bumble bee with the dog next to him.
 
Kagome looked over the picture carefully, trying to figure out what kind of significance the children had to Inuyasha. The only thing that she could think of was that Spike was in the picture. But she looked over it again and noticed that even the dog was different. She turned her head to the side and figured that maybe they were relatives or something of the sort. But Kagome looked really closely at the two boys in the front of the group and studied them for a moment. The child dressed as a doctor jumped right out at her.
 
“That smile . . .” she mused aloud.
 
Kagome turned the paper over and looked at the back. In a spidery scrawl of Kanji, Hiragana, and Katakana characters, someone had written:
 
Halloween - 1987: Jeni - 13
Fuii - 11
Kenichii - 9
InuYasha - 8
Kohito - 7
Keitaro - 1
InuYuki
 
She turned the picture back over and looked hard at the younger boys again. Her eyes kept sliding back over the doctor over and over again. There was something there. Those eyes . . . that smile . . .
 
“That's . . . Inuyasha . . .” Kagome breathed, staring at the photo.
 
Kagome set it down and gazed to where she had found the picture. Behind another frame, there was a small box. She reached for it and pulled it out of its hiding spot. It was a black box, smaller than a shoe box, and it was covered in dust. Kagome wiped the top of it off with her hand and looked at the lid for a moment.
 
“This is snooping . . . I shouldn't be doing this . . .” Kagome said to herself.
 
She thought about it for a moment and frowned. Then she sighed and put the box back where she found it. Kagome folded up the photo as she had found it and put it beneath the little clip on the back of the picture of Rin and that man. She nodded to herself.
 
“Good job, Kagome. Snooping is bad,” she told herself.
 
Then she continued on with her exploring of the den, looking at all the pieces of ripped up computer equipment and tools that littered the small space. Kagome tried to focus on looking at all the spines of the books on the shelves and the small little knick-knacks Inuyasha had lying around, but it got boring really fast. All she kept wondering was what Inuyasha was hiding in that little black box. She bit her lip and scolded herself for wanting to pry into his personal life.
 
“Everyone has the right to their secrets . . .” Kagome said aloud.
 
Little did she know that Inuyasha Yamikoso possessed many secrets . . .
 
 
^_-
 
 
About ten minutes later Kagome's little case of ADHD was starting to wither down but she was still unbelievably bored beyond comprehension. She decided then to surf the Internet. Something on the WWW could probably keep her occupied until she started to feel tired or whatever. Kagome looked at the beautiful flat screen Dell computer sitting on Inuyasha's desk. She watched the screensaver for a moment, her eyes following the dizzying array of colors and patterns that appeared on the screen.
 
When Kagome pulled herself out of trippy land, she pulled the keyboard towards her and was just about to move the mouse when she remembered that this was once again imposing. It would look extremely rude if she just used his computer without asking. Plus, if, heaven forbid, she should screw the computer up and give it a virus or something, he'd probably be really mad.
 
“Well, I know I would be super pissed if someone messed with my computer . . .” Kagome said aloud.
 
That's when she realized what she said.
 
“My laptop!” Kagome thought.
 
She got up quietly and tiptoed across the living room to the bedroom. Kagome stood outside the room and listened carefully, making sure that it was silent before she crept silently into “her” bedroom. A small growl erupted from somewhere within the room. Kagome looked around and saw a pair of red eyes glaring at her. She squinted and made out the form of Spike by the edge of the bed. Kagome stepped into the room, sliding between the door and the doorframe to keep the dim light from the kitchen out of the bedroom; she then closed the door behind her.
 
Now that the light no longer flooded into the room, Spike's red eyes disappeared ((because you know, when light hits an animal's eyes they turn kind of red?)) but she knew he was still watching her in the dark; Spike growled with every step she took. Kagome walked slowly past the German Shepard (who was staring at her like a walking leg of lamb) and to the dresser where her backpack lay. She looked over her shoulder and let out a small breath of relief when she saw, by the faint light of the moon through the onslaught of rain outside, that Spike now recognized her and was wagging his tail enthusiastically.
 
“At least I won't be torn to pieces by an insane dog,” Kagome thought to herself.
 
But when she turned back around to complete her quest of the fetching of the laptop, she found herself facing yet another obstacle: A very large, obese calico cat that had taken it upon himself to sleep on her bag.
 
“Well, I guess I can't blame you; it's the only thing that smells like me, huh?” Kagome said quietly to him, petting his head softly around some of the bandages still wrapped around his pudgy form.
 
“But you need to get up. I need in here, cat,” she said, trying to pull the backpack out from underneath of the fat animal.
 
When she couldn't move it from beneath the cat, she came up with a plausible solution: Buyo was seriously coming off the cat treats. Really, the cat was so fat, he probably crushed the lap top. Poor Kagome. Poor $1290 computer. And all Buyo did to show his sympathy was yawn a huge yawn and look up at Kagome with the attitude of: “I came, I saw, I slept. Thank you and good night New York.”
 
"Come on Buyo," Kagome whispered, tugging at her bag.
 
Not even a twitch of the muscle.
 
"Move."
 
Another yawn and a look that said: “I don't wanna, I don't hafta, and I ain't gonna so you can kiss my furry butt.”
 
Finally, Kagome just pushed Buyo off of her bag, sending the fat animal down to the ground. That's when Kagome learned that cats don't always land on their feet. Buyo landed ungracefully loud on the floor. But because cats believe that they are perfect creatures, Buyo “shrugged” off the fact that he had been a disgrace to his species and began to stretch lazily on the floor.
 
Kagome looked over at Inuyasha to see if she'd woken him up with all the noise she made. He hadn't moved at all. Therefore she went back to her task of getting her laptop out of her bag. She pulled out her computer and turned it on, and then Kagome went back to looking through her backpack for all of the attachments for her laptop. She pulled out the charger and set it on the dresser as quietly as possible; Kagome stopped what she was doing when Inuyasha rolled over in bed. She continued when she heard his even breathing again.
 
She found her internet cable and pulled that out too and was in the process of looking for her Ethernet card and mouse connection when she felt Spike paw at her leg. Kagome bent down and scratched behind his ears briefly. Then she started to gather all of her things so she could take them into the living room. Spike, feeling neglected and unloved, huffed and figured he'd go bother Inuyasha. Therefore, he jumped up on to the bed and began to walk on Inuyasha's legs. Just watching the scenario was painful.
 
This action woke Inuyasha up; Kagome froze when he moved. He turned his head to the side and coughed before saying to the dog:
 
"Spike . . . stop it . . ."
 
It sounded more like a plea than a command. Kagome watched as Spike continued to step on Inuyasha, trying to get him motivated to play. Now, the last thing Kagome wanted was for Inuyasha to wake up. He'd probably think she was some kind of pervert, watching him while he slept (even though he was such a cutie-pie when he was asleep.) So, she put all of her stuff back on the dresser and whispered for Spike to come over to her so she could pet him. Spike ignored her and went back to his task of waking Inuyasha up.
 
"You really do walk all over me, don't you?" Inuyasha mused aloud with a small smile on his lips.
 
Kagome was still trying to get Spike to come over to her when the dog's ears perked up. She looked around and Kagome then realized that Buyo was rubbing against her leg and that Spike was feeling frisky ((not in that sense people . . . je-sus!)) Therefore, the game of cat and mouse began. Spike jumped off the bed and pounced after Buyo. The cat squeezed in-between the door and doorframe since he was the tinier of the two. However, Spike was the dumber of the two and ran face first into the door.
 
Spike began to paw at the door, whimpering and yipping while trying to knock the door off the damn hinges. Seriously. A 400 pound dog against a 20 pound door. Do the math people. The door was putting up a rather noisy fight; Kagome shrunk back into the shadows in fear of being caught.
 
Inuyasha coughed into his pillow and pulled the covers up over his head, trying to block out the sounds of Spike being annoying. When the dog ceased to yield his actions, Inuyasha said, and rather forcefully too:

”Kennel.”
 
Spike whimpered and stopped what he was doing; Kagome saw that Spike's massive tail curled beneath his legs. Obviously there had been a bad experience at the kennel for the animal . . . In repentance, Spike jumped back up on the bed and lay at Inuyasha's feet. Kagome waited for a moment until she was sure she could get out of there without another incident. Spike's ears perked up at the sound of her movement and he lifted his head up to watch her in the darkness. She shook her head at Spike and began to gather her things up by the light of her computer monitor.
 
“Kagome?”
 
Kagome flinched and nearly dropped all of her stuff. She'd been caught!
 
“Um . . . yes?” Kagome asked quietly.
 
“What're you doin' up?” came his somewhat slurred question from beneath his pillow.
 
“I was . . . I was going to the bathroom . . .” Kagome lied.
 
“Okay . . . G'night,” Inuyasha said, heading back to sleep.
 
“Good night,” Kagome replied, and turned to leave.
 
She then remembered why she was in his room in the first place. Kagome grabbed all of her attachments and opened the door to the bedroom quietly. She set all of her equipment down on the dining room table and then went back into the room to get her laptop. She then hooked up her charger up to the laptop and plugged it into the wall. Kagome was just in the middle of setting up her mouse attachment when Spike trotted into the living room and put his head on her lap.
 
“Hey, Spike. Do you want to get me in trouble tonight or what?” Kagome asked, petting the Shepard behind the ears.
 
Kagome turned her attention back to the screen and pulled up her AIM login window. She typed in her screen name and password before clicking on the “Sign In” button. The connection failed. Kagome frowned and read the message:
 
AOL cannot connect you to the network without an Internet connection.
Please retry once you have an active Internet connection.
 
She then realized that she didn't have her Ethernet card hooked up to her laptop. Kagome fished around in the pockets of her pajamas looking for the card. When she couldn't find it, she figured that she'd left it on the dresser in Inuyasha's room. Kagome stood up; Spike looked peeved that she had moved once he had gotten comfortable and went to go sulk somewhere nearby.
 
Walking quietly into Inuyasha's bedroom again, she tiptoed over towards the dresser and looked around for her E.C.C. (Ethernet Connection Card.) She stopped when she heard Inuyasha cough again; it was sounding worse and worse.
 
"Inuyasha?" Kagome asked, the words leaving her lips before she could stop herself.
 
"Yeah . . . ?" he answered hoarsely; all that coughing must have taken its toll on his voice.
 
"Are you okay?" Kagome asked worriedly.
 
"Mmmm hmmm . . ." was Inuyasha's tired-sounding reply.
 
Kagome couldn't help herself from worrying. She didn't know why, but she was deeply concerned that Inuyasha wasn't well. Walking over towards the bed, Kagome took a seat next to him. The covers rested around his knees (he had obviously kicked them off of himself when it became too hot for him) and she blushed when she realized that he was only wearing a tank top and a pair of boxers. She was thankful that he didn't see her red cheeks; that pillow still covered his face.
 
“You know, you're gonna smother yourself like that,” Kagome pointed out.
 
“That's nice . . .” Inuyasha sighed.
 
She pulled the pillow off Inuyasha's face; he buried his nose into the pillow beneath his head. Inuyasha pretended for a moment that he was asleep, but when Kagome's presence didn't go away, he turned his head towards her and squinted.
 
“I don't wanna go to school today, mommy. I wanna stay home and bake cookies with you,” Inuyasha mumbled.
 
Kagome threw the pillow back on his head.
 
“Nice, Inuyasha. I actually worry about you and then you're joking around,” Kagome said and stood.
 
She heard him begin to laugh from under the pillow. Then his laugh turned into a large coughing fit. Kagome winced at how horrible it sounded, but instead said as coldly as she could:
 
“Good, Inuyasha. I hope you choke on it.”
 
Kagome grabbed her E.C.C. off the dresser and began to leave.
 
“Kagome . . . I'm . . . coughing up a lung . . .” Inuyasha wheezed out between coughs.
 
“Big deal. You've got another one you know,” Kagome replied, still upset with him.
 
But when his fit got to a point where it seemed almost dangerous, Kagome put her card down and went back over to him, taking a seat by his side. She patted his back until she could no longer hear him coughing from beneath the pillow. Her hand was resting in-between his shoulder blades when suddenly she felt it. Kagome frowned and moved his thick raven hair away from the base of his neck and put her hand there. His skin was hot, too hot.
 
"Inuyasha?" Kagome said gently, touching his bare shoulder.
 
He shivered at her touch and pulled away; Kagome grabbed the blankets up from the bottom of the bed and put them over Inuyasha's scantily clad form. She couldn't help but think about what a cute butt he had . . .
 
“No! Bad Kagome! Don't think about that scrumptious little ass right now! Omigawd . . . I did it again. Am I totally obsessing or what?!” Kagome thought to herself while flushing a lovely shade of pink.
 
She shook herself back into reality and remembered the task at hand was to take care of Inuyasha, not check him out!
 
"Inuyasha?" Kagome asked again, shaking him a little harder that time.
 
Inuyasha did not reply. Therefore, Kagome turned him over and removed that pillow from his face. She then reached over and turned the lamp on that sat on the nightstand. Light flooded into the room; Inuyasha turned his head away from the sudden brightness that somehow filtered through his eyelids. The door opened and Kagome looked over to see that Spike was standing in the doorway appearing quite curious.
 
She ignored the dog and turned back to Inuyasha. Staring down at his sleeping face, Kagome's brow furrowed when she noted that his hair was soaked with sweat and that his face was flushed a sickly-colored pink. She extended her hand and brushed his bangs away from his burning forehead; he sighed at the feel of her cool hand on his hot flesh. Kagome pulled away, moving her hands to his. Cold, clammy palms greeted her. She squeezed his hands gently, trying to get a reaction out of him. When Kagome received a small response through a weak squeeze to her hands, she decided that was good enough. And yet she still kept their position; she liked the feel of their hands intertwined together, no matter how sweaty his palms were.
 
“Oh, for Christ's sake! His sick and defenseless dammit! I shouldn't be taking advantage of him like this!” Kagome thought to herself, still holding his hands as she blushed a new shade of magenta.
 
The feeling of Inuyasha pulling away from her brought Kagome out of her thoughts. He rolled over on his side facing her before burying his head into the pillow again where he let loose a very painful sounding cough that racked his whole frame, making him appear even more small and vulnerable than he did before. Kagome put her hands on Inuyasha's shoulders, trying to calm him down the best she could by patting his back and stroking his hair away from his face. Eventually, his fit subsided.
 
"Inuyasha?" Kagome said gently after a moment.
 
"Hmmmm . . ." was his reply; his eyes did not open.
 
"Are you awake?" Kagome asked, putting her hand back on his shoulder.
 
"Mmmm hmmm . . .” Inuyasha answered, his eyelashes fluttering.
 
He was currently between two worlds: Reality and the depths of the unconscious mind. Inuyasha was trying to stay awake; he could hear the slightly panicked tone beneath Kagome's smooth voice. Inuyasha smiled inwardly. Kagome was worried about him. Someone cared. And it felt good. But . . . he wanted to stay awake, to show her he was fine so that she wouldn't worry anymore. Why should a beautiful girl like her waste her time worrying over him?
 
Listen to you gush . . . his mind said.
 
“Well, I think that she's pretty . . . oh, God . . . I must be sicker than I thought. Holy crap. Am I dying? Yes. That's it. I'm dying so I'm not being rational. Yes . . . but she is pretty and those eyes . . . No, no, no! Don't think about it!” Inuyasha screamed at himself in his head.
 
"Why didn't you tell me you were sick?!" Kagome asked, sounding slightly angry.
 
"Because I'm not . . ." Inuyasha argued weakly; anything to get his mind off of those very odd, lovey-dovey thoughts.
 
"Oh, yeah. Sure you're not sick! That's why you're practically conscious!" Kagome continued, happy he was awake so she could ream him out.
 
"I didn't become ill until I saw that giant boogie this afternoon,” Inuyasha said, trying to lighten the mood a little.
 
Kagome began to beat him with a pillow as he started to laugh weakly, causing him to begin coughing harshly. Yet, she continued to hit him repeatedly.
 
“You're such an ass! I'm trying to take care of you and you have to bring up the BOOGER jokes didn't you?!” Kagome asked, and kept on hitting him.
 
“Hey, hey!” Inuyasha managed to get his fit under control. “I'm sick for cryin' out loud . . . I don't nose what I'm saying.”
 
Her eye twitched at the “nose” comment. She jumped on top of him and pinned him to the bed so that she could continue beating him with the pillow. He waved his arms around tiredly.
 
“Mercy, mercy!” he cried weakly.
 
Kagome stopped, giving Inuyasha a minute to breathe. He was wheezing from all the beating and yelling.
 
“God . . . This is how you treat people . . . when they're sick. I'd hate to see what . . . you're like . . . at someone's deathbed,” Inuyasha squeezed out in-between breaths.
 
“I use a skillet,” Kagome answered, totally serious.
 
Inuyasha looked nothing less than frightened. He leaned back and closed his eyes, feeling somewhat dizzy after that battle. Taking in a couple deep breaths, Inuyasha began to feel tired, but he realized there was still a bit of business to take care of.
 
“Kagome . . . are you going to stay like . . . that all night?” Inuyasha asked, not even opening his eyes to look at her.
 
Kagome looked down and realized the rather . . . awkward position that they were in. She blushed and jumped off of him. The last thing that she needed was for someone to walk in and think that she was about to . . . well . . . do him.
 
“Uh, um . . . sorry about that . . .” Kagome said, bowing her head to hide her blush.
 
When she received no answer, Kagome looked up and saw that Inuyasha was unconscious. His cheeks even more flushed than before and his hair was thoroughly soaked. Kagome felt suddenly guilty that she had been so rough with him, her forgetting that he was ill and everything. She covered him back up and rested her hand on his forehead again; Inuyasha was burning up with fever. Kagome frowned.
 
“Did I make him worse . . . ?” Kagome wondered, brushing his hair away from his face.
 
She listened to his shallow breathing for a moment and then got up, turning off the bedside lamp. Kagome looked back at him for a brief moment, but then stole out of the room full of guilt.
 
 
pdpdpdp
 
Later that evening, Inuyasha awoke from his slumber when he felt someone sponging his forehead with something cool and damp. Glazed violet eyes opened to a blurry world of shapes and colors. He closed his eyes; he had a headache.
 
“Inuyasha?” a voice called to him.
 
“Hmmm . . . ?” was his reply.
 
He felt a hand on his shoulder and the light pressure of someone shaking him awake before he could drift off into unconsciousness again. He opened his eyes half-way. There was light, a lot of it. But there was also a person there. Dark . . . they had dark hair . . . He started fall asleep again, but the person shook him harder that time.
 
“Inuyasha, stay awake, okay?” they said.
 
Their voice was feminine. It was a girl.
 
“A . . . girl? A girl? Who . . . ?” Inuyasha thought, trying to collect all of his thoughts.
 
He forced himself to not fall asleep, telling his aching head that he had to stay awake just a little longer and then he could go back to bed. The outline of the person got closer; he was then met with another pair of eyes. Squinting against the light, Inuyasha could tell that the eyes gazing back at him were blue.
 
“Blue . . . blue eyes?” he wondered silently. “How strange . . . blue eyes . . .”
 
“Inuyasha, are you all right?” Kagome asked him.
 
She was worried about Inuyasha. He was awake, but it was like he couldn't even recognize her. It was like he was confused or something of the sort.
 
“Inuyasha, it's me: Kagome,” she said, pointing at herself to get the point across.
 
"Kago . . . me?" Inuyasha repeated.
 
Then it all clicked. The girl that he had saved in the alley. The girl that he had run in the rain with. The girl that, a couple hours ago, had been beating him senseless with a pillow. That girl. Kagome. She had really nice eyes . . . Why did he never notice that before?
 
“Kagome . . . ?” Inuyasha asked while looking around for her; his vision was still blurry.
 
He felt her grasp his hand and give it a small squeeze.
 
"I'm here," Kagome assured him.
 
“Your eyes . . .” he mumbled, eyes half-way closed.
 
“What?” Kagome asked, leaning over him a little so she could hear him better.
 
“Your eyes . . . you have nice eyes,” Inuyasha said, giving her a small smile.
 
Kagome flushed a little bit at his comment.
 
“Um . . . thanks, Inuyasha,” Kagome replied, a little flustered.
 
“What . . . you think I was gonna break out another round of booger comments? As if. I learned my lesson,” Inuyasha smiled, more awake and aware.
 
“Yes, well, you should have learned it earlier. Girls aren't wooed by that type of thing,” Kagome informed him, giving him a small smile of her own.
 
“No, girls are wooed by . . . puppies . . .” Inuyasha said, turning his head to the side.
 
“Well, puppies are cute and they don't give us crap like men do,” Kagome answered honestly.
 
Having nothing to say to that, Inuyasha rolled over on to his side, his back to Kagome. He coughed a couple times before closing his eyes and heading back off to sleep. Kagome could have sworn he muttered something that sounded suspiciously like: “Damn puppies . . .”
 
"Inuyasha?" Kagome said, touching his shoulder.
 
Inuyasha then realized how tiny her hands were. Kagome had nice hands too.
 
"Hmmmmm? Wanna join me?” Inuyasha asked, smiling a bit when he heard Kagome snort.
 
"As if. I need you to take something okay?" she continued.
 
“Yeah . . . okay. I'll take a rain check then,” he answered while feeling slightly disappointed.
 
Inuyasha was tired and he had a headache. Kagome's hand on his shoulder felt nice though. It was soothing. Comforting.
 
"Inuyasha? Come on, wake up!" Kagome said, shaking him awake.
 
"What . . . ?" he asked, slightly agitated.
 
He liked just the contact. And once he did whatever she wanted, Kagome's hand wouldn't be there anymore and he'd feel bad again.
 
"I need you to take something, all right?" she told him.
 
"Yeah . . . okay," Inuyasha replied tiredly.
 
“Well, you're gonna have to get up,” Kagome said when he didn't move.
 
He sighed both in tiredness and aggravation. Inuyasha propped himself up on his elbow and turned over to face her. Kagome made him take some aspirin, which he managed to choke down with a little difficulty. He sighed a small “thank you” to her before falling back asleep. Kagome kept her spot by his side for a little while, watching him sleep silently, until she stood and went for the door.
 
Kagome went into the kitchen and looked around blindly in the dark, groping at the counters and chairs; she swore loudly when she stubbed her big toe on the side of the kitchen island. Noticing a small red light over on the far counter, she walked in that direction; she found the phone sitting there in all its glory.
 
She picked up the phone and stared at it for a moment. Should she call her mother and let her know where she was? Kagome shook her head and put the phone back before picking it up again to stare at it once more. Kagome decided that she should call her mom, but that didn't mean that she had to talk to her.
 
Thinking it over in her mind, Kagome could distinctly remember a commercial that had a man doing almost the exact same thing. He called his parents to tell them that he had a baby, but didn't want to make them waste money on the collect call (It'sBobwehadababy,itsaboy!) Well, it was sort of the same thing. Kagome could make the collect call, and then just say that she was all right very fast before hanging up.
 
Nodding and smiling at how ingenious it was, Kagome dialed 1-800-225-5288 (1-800-CALL-ATT) and the phony operator asked her to dial the number and then say her name at the tone.
 
“Himomit'sKagomeandI'mokaybyemomIloveyou!” Kagome said after the beep.
 
She then heard the sound of the operator calling her house and then the sleepy sounding reply of Mrs. Higurashi on the other end. When her mother heard Kagome's voice she sounded wide awake and was practically shouting at the operator to put Kagome through. But it was too late, and by the time Mrs. Higurashi got through, all she heard was the dial tone sounding from the other end.
 
Pdpdp
 
Kagome returned to the room sometime later and she farted around on the Internet for a while. Her inbox was empty and her AIM buddy list was showing that absolutely no one was on. And it wasn't that big of a shock either, for it was about two in the morning. Just about to win a rather boring game of solitaire, Kagome heard a cough issue from the room behind her.
 
Then, feeling extremely stupid about forgetting that Inuyasha was even in the house, Kagome jumped up and headed towards the bedroom. Inuyasha was curled up under the blankets like a small animal, his head buried in a pillow where he feebly coughed. Kagome took a seat next to him and put a hand on his shoulder; he was shivering so violently that Kagome was afraid that he was having some kind of seizure.
 
"Inuyasha? What's wrong?" Kagome asked, raising her voice a notch.
 
When he didn't answer, Kagome shook him hard and repeated her previous question.
 
"So . . . cold . . ." Inuyasha muttered, his teeth starting to chatter.
 
Inuyasha had all the blankets on top of him and he was still cold? Kagome didn't know what to do. She tried to think of what her mother did when she was sick which basically consisted of taking a hot bath, eating some chicken noodle soup, and then sprawling out on the couch for a good long sleep. But she couldn't do that with Inuyasha. What was she supposed to do? Ask Inuyasha to take his clothes off so she could give him a bath? Kagome blushed at the thought of a naked Inuyasha in a bubble bath looking seductive . . .
 
Mentally slapping herself for thinking such impure thoughts at such a bad time, Kagome then tried to focus on the task at hand. She thought about going to get Miroku or Sango next door. Or maybe calling an ambulance; he wasn't doing that much better. But she was broken from these thoughts when she felt his warm hand on hers. Looking down, she saw those big, violet, slightly glazed eyes gazing back at her.
 
“Inu . . . yasha?” Kagome breathed, flushing slightly.
 
“Can I . . . use that rain check now?” Inuyasha asked; Kagome was confused.
 
“What?” she inquired.
 
“Will you . . . lay next to me this time?” he wondered, traces of a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.
 
Kagome was grateful for the darkness; Inuyasha could not see her heavy blush in such dim lighting. Looking down at herself, Kagome realized that she was just as scantily clad as he was in her long pajama pants and mid-drift showing blue t-shirt. When Kagome felt him pull his hand away, she looked over at him. Inuyasha had put his face back into his pillow and mutter what sounded like a very tired, “Oh, never mind . . .”
 
Deciding that if it would aide Inuyasha in his recovery, Kagome would do it and so, she walked around to the other side of the bed and slid beneath the seven layers of blankets towards him. Kagome lay there for a moment, contemplating on what to do next as she stared at Inuyasha's back. She then came down with her answer and wrapped her arms around Inuyasha's slender waist. Kagome felt him stiffen and then relax slightly when he realized what she was doing: hoping to keep him warm with her body heat.
 
Even in Inuyasha's ill brain, the sex-craving male part of him was screaming, “Oh my fucking God! You actually got a woman in your bed! What are you waiting for?! It's time to parTAY!” He groaned inwardly, his mind wandering places that it shouldn't. Since when did he really care what cup size Kagome was? Maybe it was the fact that she was pressed up against him from behind and he could feel the whole length of her beautiful body next to his own . . .
 
He had to think of computers and math to keep a certain area below the navel to stay down. Inuyasha had no idea that Kagome was thinking about the same way he was, her mind filling with wonderfully erotic fantasies of both of them together . . . it was kind of hard for her to stop wondering what Inuyasha would look like with whipped cream all over him . . .
 
Therefore, both of them (blushing furiously) had to force their minds elsewhere and think something that had nothing to do with handcuffs or sex dice. Sometime later, Inuyasha placed his hand over Kagome's that rested around his abdomen; her heart began to beat awfully fast, but she continued to pretend that she was sleeping so she wouldn't arouse suspicion . . . or herself
 
Finally, at about three in the morning, they both managed to drift off to sleep, Inuyasha's hand on top of hers - their fingers intertwined together. And Kagome couldn't help thinking how much she liked this feeling and that she never wanted it to end . . .
 
. . . ever.
 
 
 
Pdpdpd
 
 
 
 
After Talk with The Random Queen:
 
 
All righty then. I finally decided to just sit down and finish this chapter. The reason it took so long was because I had to add about half of this chapter to the original, then revise it, then revise it again so it actually flowed a little better and wasn't all . . . blah. Yes, I know I'm a perfectionist . . . Also, sad to say, this fic was entered in the BAFFC, but did not win ;_; I know, I know. It's horrible, isn't it? Oh, well. I'll enter next year when this fic is actually finished and has been on the site for a while and I've revised it about three more times ^_^
 
 
About the Characters . . . . . . . . .
 
Okay, I know, I made Inuyasha and Kagome out to be these really big-ass horny little people, but it's okay. Seriously. You know why? Because after the second story (Crazier 4 U) there is a third (Craziest 4 U) because this is a Trilogy. Anyways, I'm going to rate the third story “NC-17” because it's going to be all about Inuyasha and Kagome on their honeymoon just desperately trying to get some, but fail to do so because Kagome's family, along with all the other characters, tag along for the ride. Yeah. So, that all plays out. Plus they are real sex fiends in the second story too ^_^;; What can I say? I need to let out my own sexual frustration. LOL
 
And guess who is coming in next chapter . . . ?! Oh, come on . . . guess! Really people! Guess. I'll give you a hint: nobody really cares for this person much. This person got a negative on the “Who is your Favorite Character in Inuyasha” quiz on a site dedicated to Kagome and Inuyasha pairings. So . . . does that give you a hint? No? Then you're just dumb. I'm sorry. You fail at life. You are the weakest link. Goodbye.
 
 
Parting Words and The Bribe:
 
Anyways people! You know the drill, please leave a nice review (or constructive criticism that is devoid of swear words) and you'll get a new chapter, quicker! Because the next chapter should be easy enough to write! The truth comes out people!!! If you leave a bad review, two words of advice: Bite. Me.
 
Thanks for being so patient! I love you all!!!
 
 
 
 
REVIEW!!!!
 
 
~Random
 
Thanks and see you soon!!!!