InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crazy 4 U ❯ Running through the Rain ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - Yeah . . . I don't own Inuyasha all that good legal junk . . . are you happy now?

 

 

 

 

Author's Note - OH MY GOD! PEOPLE LIKE THIS STORY! I'M SO PROUD! -faints on the floor-

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 10 - Running Through the Rain (yet another boring chapter that has only the point of passing time.)

 

 

 

Inuyasha joined up with Kagome at her table sometime later, gulping down his coffee like a man who has been lost in the desert for years. Kagome looked up from the computer screen, giving him the look that said: you-are-being-so-rude-gulping-down-your-coffee-like-that-can't-you-learn-to -drink-like-a-human-maybe?!

 

He noticed this look and shot her one back that said: what-do-I-look-like-a-freak-who-takes-their-time-drinking-coffee?

 

Kagome nodded her head in response and said dryly, "It's not like I'm gonna steal it from you."

 

The response she got was him rolling those vibrant violet eyes at her. Kagome's eye developed a tick and she was just about to start yelling at him (and the people standing around started to find hiding places again) but stopped when she heard the ear-piercing sound of shattering glass hitting the floor followed by VERY angry voices.

 

"YOU KLUTZ!" Some random person yelled.

 

"THAT WAS OUR ORDER ON THAT TRAY!" Someone else shouted and a mob of people started to get together and ream out whoever that poor, unfortunate soul was.

 

Kagome and Inuyasha figured they could put off their little "insult each other with looks and no words" contest until later so they got up and headed over to see what all of the commotion was about. When they arrived at the scene, Kagome gasped slightly and Inuyasha put on his tough-guy, really angry biker look.

 

"I'm sorry . . ." The girl sobbed from the floor, putting her small hands up to her tear-stained face.

 

"Rin . . ." Kagome whispered, rushing to Rin's side and let the ashamed woman cry on her shoulder.

 

The whole thing had been a big misunderstanding. Rin had accidentally tipped on a woman's handbag that had been in the way of the aisle, making her drop the order of coffee and tea on the tray she was carrying to a table on the other side of the room. From the momentum of her fall, a cup of hot tea had spilled into another person's lap that had been sitting adjacent to where Rin tripped. This had caused him to be in an uproar about his brand-new, dry-clean only new suit getting totally ruined on his first day of work. Plus there were the people whose orders were on that tray, going on about how they wouldn't pay for the drinks because of the accident. Then there were the people who were yelling at the other people to shut the hell up because it was an accident. So, basically, it was a whole lot of people, standing around in a coffee shop, yelling at each other. It was something that you might see on the American show, Seinfeld.

 

"I'm sorry . . . . I'm sorry . . ." Rin kept repeating over and over, trying to block out all the yelling and insults directed her way.

 

Meanwhile, Inuyasha was busy telling random people off (with rude obscenities and curses) while trying to pick up all the broken pieces of glass and porcelain on the floor. All of a sudden, the people shut up and the mob of them parted. A figure then strode forward as if he were on the freaking red carpet at Hollywood or something. Once the person was in the clearing of glittering shards of glass, letting the whole shop see him in his magnificent glory, Rin started to sob harder on Kagome's sleeve.

 

The man was tall and lean and strikingly beautiful in a feminine way. His eyes were steely amber and there was no expression on that pale, flawless face. He had long and smooth platinum hair pulled back in a loose ponytail that went down to his scrumptious behind ((heh heh . . . whoops!)) and a couple stray wisps of hair fluttered down before his ears, framing the narrow trek of his face and the elegant shape of his neck that was exposed through his half-buttoned white dress shirt.

 

Those eyes wore no look of pity for the girl on the floor and those hands made no movement or warm gesture to the shaken employee. He merely looked down on her, as if she were something so inferior to him; a being that made him sick and angry with disgust. It seemed as if he studied her, coldly and detached before speaking to her in a very collected low voice: "Rin. You are fired." Then he turned in a wave of silver tresses and walked away.

 

"Please Sir!" Rin cried to him, "Give me another chance, Sesshoumaru! PLEASE!"

 

He stopped when she began pleading to him, but kept his back to her, and Kagome noticed that his muscles tensed when she called his name. He did not turn, or even attempt to. Sesshoumaru replied in a reserved, calm tone: "I thought you would have realized by now that I don't give second chances." Then he walked through the crowd, everyone flinching as he passed as if he had burned them.

 

Rin sobbed harder and Kagome looked up at Inuyasha with her big blue eyes for some sort of support. He just scowled at the place where Sesshoumaru had been standing, as if daring the cold bastard to come back and stand there so he could burn holes in his shoes.

 

"Rin . . ." Kagome said, gently, "It's all right. You'll find another job, and it will be a lot better than this."

 

"Yeah," Inuyasha added, putting his two cents in, "And then you don't have to see his dried up, old, mutated, wrinkly, bastardish . . ."

 

"You aren't helping Inuyasha," Kagome scolded dryly.

 

"Freshly shitted on face with that annoying, stuck up attitude and that . . ." Inuyasha continued until Kagome threatened to knock his head off of his shoulders with a fierce gaze.

 

Much to their surprise, this actually cheered Rin up a bit.

 

"Thanks guys," She said, sniffling. "I guess I'll see you around then . . ."

 

Rin stood up and brushed her apron off. Inuyasha and Kagome also stood up, Inuyasha shooting glares at all the people who were pointing rudely at Rin.

 

"Do you want us to walk with you to your place?" Kagome asked, concerned.

 

"No, it's okay," Rin replied, with a small smile.

 

"Are you sure?" Kagome asked again, sounding like her mother.

 

"Yes. I'll be fine," Rin answered.

 

She then glanced back at the counter where Sesshoumaru stood, dealing with some of the angry customers, apparently not listening or caring about whatever it was they were ranting about.

 

"Because we'd be happy to walk you. Right, Inuyasha?" Kagome said, looking at Inuyasha who had turned away and began coughing.

 

"Really, I'm fine," Rin replied, wiping away one last tear from her face, "I'm catching the train anyway."

 

"Okay . . ." Kagome trailed off, feeling slightly neglected.

 

"Bye and thanks," Rin said, grabbing her coat that hung on a rack at the entrance and exited the building.

 

She ran beneath the dark clouds with her hood above her head, her hands in the pockets of her coat. A light rain began to sprinkle down upon her, and then it became stronger, so that when she cried silently to herself on the corner of 3rd and 64th, no one could tell in the fierce rain. And above her head, the thunder rolled.

 

"Sesshoumaru . . ."

 

**

 

 

The walk home was not a fun trip. Both Inuyasha and Kagome had gotten caught in the onslaught of rain and they were currently stranded beneath a covered bus stop, waiting for the rain to stop a little.

 

"God, where did all this rain come from?" Kagome wondered aloud, rubbing her hands together.

 

"I dunno, but just be happy it's not hail," Inuyasha said, and then sneezed into the sleeve of his coat three times.

 

"I guess you're right . . ." Kagome agreed, sitting down on the bench.

 

Inuyasha sniffed and followed suit. He crossed his arms across his chest and gazed, transfixed on the rain hitting the pavement outside. They both watched as all the drops hit the ground and made patterns as they swirled into the gutters and swales on the roadsides. They watched as people's umbrellas got blown away by the wind and how a taxi and a car honked at each other until the drivers got out and started to have a fist fight. It was pretty neat actually . . .

 

"Man, it's cold out here," Kagome thought, wrapping her arms around her shivering frame.

 

She felt something heavy being placed on her back and she looked up. Inuyasha had taken off his leather jacket and put it over her shoulders to keep her warm. Kagome looked at him with a quizzical expression.

 

"Hey, your teeth are chattering and you're shivering like you're having a seizure. I do what I can," Inuyasha said with a grin.

 

"Thanks," she replied, blushing.

 

"No prob," he answered.

 

And they sat there for a moment, watching as the rain slowed down a little. Then the rain neared a stop and they decided to go and take their chance running home.

 

"Here," Kagome said, handing Inuyasha back his coat.

 

He put it on and Kagome looked around her.

 

"Okay, which way back?" she asked, looking at him.

 

Inuyasha coughed into his hands for a minute before pointing to the left.

 

"Hey, are you okay?" Kagome inquired, worried about that cough he had.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go," he replied, his voice sounding hoarse.

 

He started out and she continued to stand under the overhang until Inuyasha came back and grabbed her hand. Inuyasha pulled her through the rain, intent on keeping her up to speed with him. And when Kagome was running side by side with him, he began to pull his hand away from hers, but she grasped it firmly with her own.

 

Inuyasha looked at her, but she was gazing ahead so she did not see the amused emotion in his eyes. Kagome continued to pull him along down that unpopulated street that they had traveled before when they were looking for a door to Inuyasha's apartment. They passed the door store quickly and ran down the street at fast as they could.

 

Kagome jerked Inuyasha's hand in hopes of keeping him up with her; he was slacking a little in his running. And she was not looking back at him, so she did not see the pained look that came across his face when he grasped his chest with his free hand and winced. She pulled him again, harder this time, catching him off balance and causing him to fall in a very large puddle; Kagome let go of his hand so that she would not go down in the water too.

 

She looked back at him and saw Inuyasha sitting in the puddle, just kind of staring at her.

 

"Well are you going to help me up? Or are you just going to blow me off?" he asked, crossing his arms like a defiant child. It looked rather funny to see a grown man pouting in a large puddle like a two-year-old.

 

But her eyes widened. `Are you just going to blow me off?' he had asked. Kagome thought about it . . . DarkWolf523 had always said that to her in one way or another that she was "blowing him off." She shook her head; a lot of people used that expression.

 

"Well fine then!" he said, sticking his nose in the air, "There goes your Christmas present!"

 

She laughed at his childish antics and walked over to help him up from his current position.

 

"What? You think this is funny?" Inuyasha asked; she was standing right in front of him now.

 

"No, but you are," Kagome said through her giggles.

 

"Oh yeah. I'll show you funny," Inuyasha replied, and pulled her down into the puddle with him.

 

"OMIGAWD! IT'S FREEZING!" Kagome cried, trying to stand up in the ankle high water.

 

"Well, aren't we observant," Inuyasha mocked dryly, watching as Kagome stood and then fell on her butt.

 

He began laughing at her; Kagome's hair had covered her cerulean eyes, making her look like the chick from the movie "Ringu" ((also called "The Ring" if you've never heard of the original Japanese flick.)) And then she tried to stand again, falling right on her ass, letting out a girlish little growl. Inuyasha laughed so hard that he began coughing and Kagome started to twitch with anger.

 

"What in the HELL is so GODDAMN funny?!" She cried, standing up to yell at him.

 

He could only point at her as he laughed/coughed. Kagome started to walk closer to him, ready to seriously hurt him for making fun of her. But, as fate would have it, Kagome was a klutz and she fell right on top of Inuyasha with a strangled sounding "Oompf!"

 

She lifted her head off his chest and looked down at him. Kagome could see her own reflection in his violet eyes.

 

"His eyes are so . . . beautiful . . ." Kagome thought, blushing.

 

Kagome saw that his pale cheeks were flushed with embarrassment. Hers were too. And the rain continued to fall down on them, causing Kagome's long raven hair to fall around her shoulders. This created a curtain around them, obscuring others vision from their red faces.

 

"Kagome . . ." he said softly.

 

He raised his hand to her cheek and stroked the skin there with his cool fingers in a very gentle, caring gesture.

 

"Inu . . . yasha . . ." Kagome whispered, blushing at his touch.

 

Inuyasha look really serious and spoke lightly.

 

"You have a," he made a gesture with his hand on his own face near his nose, "something right here."

 

And to Kagome's horror, she realized that she had a very large booger hanging out of her nose. Inuyasha started to crack up until Kagome began to hold his head under the water.

 

 

0_o ((well . . . there goes the moment . . . right?))

 

 

"I want her back."

 

"I know, Ma'am."

 

"The police are doing nothing about this."

 

"That's true."

 

"So, how much will it cost?"

 

"5,000 dollars."

 

"It's a deal."

 

Brown eyes bore into the detective's own emerald.

 

"I want her back."

 

-_-

 

When their little moment was ruined by a huge booger, Inuyasha and Kagome decided to head back to the apartment. Though this time they weren't rushing so much because they were drenched anyways. And all Inuyasha could keep repeating was how "friggin' rich" the whole incident was. Kagome just glared at him and he eventually shut up.

 

Upon arriving at the big double doors that led to the apartment complex, they walked past a very mad looking Kouga, who was pissed off because his newly waxed floors were all wet. They then trudged up a gazillion flights of extremely cruel and unusual stairs before arriving at his level.

 

When they were standing outside his apartment, Kagome was shocked to find another door standing in the doorframe like it had lived there since it was a baby tree.

 

"Um . . ." Kagome began but, Inuyasha cut her off before she could ask.

 

"Mr. J installs too," he answered.

 

"Oh," was all Kagome could say.

 

"Yeah . . ." Inuyasha replied, looking for the key that would open the door.

 

Guess what? That really annoying awkward silence came back.

 

"It just dawned on me," Kagome said suddenly, "You never paid for the door."

 

"Oh yeah . . . well . . ." Inuyasha answered, pulling out his key from his pocket, "They put it on my tab."

 

"You have a tab there?" Kagome asked, raising an eyebrow as he opened the door.

 

"Oh yeah," Inuyasha said, as he started to ring his hair out, "If I buy oh so many doors and put it on my tab, I get a discount or somethin' like that."

 

Kagome could only stare at him like he was a nut. He disregarded her look and stepped inside. Once inside, they stripped their jackets and proceeded to make the room nice n' cozy. On Inuyasha's counter, there was a large bag from Nordstrom with clothes inside of it. There was also a note that was addressed to Kagome. It read:

 

Kagome,

 

I hope that these clothes fit. I really can't imagine a pretty girl like you walking around in that horrid AC/DC sweatshirt the whole time during your stay. If you need anything else, or just want to get away from Inuyasha (because he can be a little odd, if you get my drift) you can stop by anytime you want. I know I'll be seeing you soon!

 

Regards,

 

Sango Hiraita

 

 

"How nice," Kagome mused aloud.

 

She took the bag off the counter and Inuyasha told Kagome where the bathroom was so that she could dry off, take a shower . . . whatever women do in the bathroom. Then he left her to figure out what little knob meant hot and which little knob meant cold. Experimentation began.

 

After several loud "OH MY GOD THAT'S COLD"'s and "OH MY GOD THAT'S HOT"'s she remained silent, finally finding the way to make the shower nice and warm.

 

Then, towel drying her hair and putting a pair of comfortable pajamas on (courtesy of Sango), Kagome left the bathroom and there was a little surprise waiting for her. She found Inuyasha sleeping on HER bed! Well . . . it wasn't really HER bed, but . . . She looked at his peaceful face and decided that it would be better to just let him lie there, for now . . .

 

She shut the light in the bathroom and made her way to the side of the bed and covered him up with the blanket at the foot of the bed. She frowned a little when she realized that his hair was still wet, but was glad that he had at least changed into something dry. Then she leaned over and surprised herself by kissing the top of his head gently.

 

"Thank you . . . for everything . . . even that really lame booger comment," she said and left the bedroom quietly, not forgetting to shut the door behind her.

 

Tripping over her cat and bumping into several cabinets, she managed to find her way over to the couch where she lay down to sleep for the night.

 

From where she resided on the couch, Kagome could see some stars outside through the clouds and the rain. Listening to the rain patter on the tin roof and the sounds of wind chimes from another neighbor's balcony, Kagome fell asleep with a smile on her lips. And she wasn't the only one . . .

 

"Heh heh. Boogers . . ." Inuyasha murmured to himself, before turning over and going back to sleep.

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

Okay, now if you've read the original story that was posted on fanfiction.net, you're probably realizing that I've made some major changes. I've added some scenes, taken away some scenes, and the best part is that I finally fixed the spelling and grammar on this stupid story! Now people can actually understand it! Yay me!

 

Now, as you all know if you've read this fic, Rin and Sesshoumaru really have no major parts. This chapter was purely filler. And funny to write ^_^ But they do come in sometime later. Either in the sequel or . . . well . . . I don't really remember. But anyways . . .

 

I did add another part. With that weird "how much will it cost" thing. And let me tell you something right now, no. That person does not want Kagome as a stripper. Okay. The rest is now up to your imagination. -a rainbow appears- IMAGINATION!

 

I am going to try and update at least once a day from now on. I want to have this totally revised and posted for the BAFFC. Do you all think I'll have a shot?

 

 

 

Review and please tell me if I'm doing good. And . . . should I enter this fic under comedy or romance? I dunno! Please help me peoples!

 

 

Okie! REVIEW!!!!